The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get something of high value to us for MCW and draft Mudiay then I'd be for it.

Mudiay, Embiid, Noel, Saric, McDaniels, Aldemir, Wroten....ridiculous amount of young high-level talent.

Mudiay has been looking good out there in the CBA.

Exactly, that's a very good young core.

All this is saying is that CP can't be your go to scorer and expect to win a ring due to his size. I agree with that, which is why I've stated that BG's ascent as the go to scorer in moments of crisis come playoff time will determine how far this team will go.

tony parker is only 2 inches taller, and doesn't jump half as high, and shoots half as well and the spurs somehow managed.

You need to have a good team

having Chris paul score 20 points on 50% shooting isn't going to stop you from winning a chip.

Last edited:
people knock MCW bc of his shooting pct, thing is he will get better in that area. you cant teach 6'6 with court vision and great anticipation on D.

6'6 legit pgs dont come around too often, his decision making and shooting will get better. they will be dummies to get rid of him, but then again it is the 6ers and nobody knowns what they are doing there.

6'6 pgs hardly ever work honestly.

I don't know what it is, I just don't see it in Chris Paul. I think he's good, but not great imo. I can just think of many players I would rather have at that position.

I don't know what it is, he doesn't really scare me like Steph, Russell, Kyrie, Kyle Lowry, Tony Parker, Rondo, etc.

Maybe it's the playoff record, idk. In my opinion, if you are the best point guard, you have to get past the second round at least once in your career.

Listen, how much does the media no matter where you look say how GREAT and the Clippers are, how they have great players to surround Paul all around, they practically suck them all the time. But when they lose, they go right to saying "Chris Paul has no help" "They can't conpare to other teams" Like what?? Lol

I'm not saying Chris has to win a championship. Or even win the conference finals. If you're the best, go out there and carry your team. He has a great team to do it, it's not like he doesn't have th help necessary to do so. He has the team , the talent, the coach, (Vinny Del Negro wasn't even that bad tbh)

It is time for Chris to win, he's been dubbed as a top 5 player, a first ballot hall of famer, ****** even saying he's the goat point guard for too long.

Just my opinion.
Just your opinion, but a terrible one 
laugh.gif

Kyrie ******* Irving and Kyle Lowry scare you more than Chris Paul? 

You can't make this **** up around NT, you just can't
You gotta get past that "can't get out the 2nd round BS". That's media driven. That criticism was started b skip, the talking heads and blog writers. Before...you had players weren't good enough if they couldn't make the playoffs...then....can't get out the 1st round. Now for Chris Paul. It's...can't get out the 2nd round. All those PG's you mentioned haven't won s*** except Parker and rondo. Who had the absolute luxury of playing with the best players of all time and a great coach.

You gotta realize how trivial judging CP3 on not "getting past the 2nd rounds is. Jason Kidd didn't win a chip until he was old in Dallas and played in the east. They got to the finals and got worked every time. That's like when people were calling Dirk soft until 2011. Dirk didn't magically become tougher. The Matchups were more favorable and he was robbed of a chip by the refs and dwhistle.

Playoffs are all about Matchups...and CP3 hast had the favorable ones in his career. Name me a playoff series he was favored to win that he lost? Aside from Memphis in 2012. I'll wait.

So what if cp3 gets to the famed "Conference Finals" and gets swept by the spurs. Is that enough for you? Everyone just can't win in this league. And if something as trivial as advancing one more round and ultimately not winning is how you view a players greatness...then I honestly see you're evaluations as flat out flawed.

The goal is to win "Championships" right? I could care less if you won 2 or 3 more games in the playoffs and ultimately lost to the better TEAM.
Not to mention when Rondo won a ring, it was only his second year and he was no better than the 4th best player on a historically great team

Don't even have to mention Parker's support cast and coaching

Steph was an amazing shooter since Davidson. Don't get that overnight comment.

overnight hardbody. overnight greatest shooter alive comments. two years ago he was frail and just nice. now dude is ironman with 'bulleye' accuracy.

Last edited:
Damn I remember Steph coming out of college and I compared him to like a hybrid of Nash and Mike Bibby, and dudes thought I was crazy and said he would be like Eddie House :lol: :lol: good times

Damn I remember Steph coming out of college and I compared him to like a hybrid of Nash and Mike Bibby, and dudes thought I was crazy and said he would be like Eddie House
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good times
Eddie House? Did they not see Curry handle the PG duties his last year at Davidson? I was hoping he'd end up on the Knicks and how exciting it would be but the Warriors ruined it 
laugh.gif

tony parker is only 2 inches taller, and doesn't jump half as high, and shoots half as well and the spurs somehow managed.

You need to have a good team

having Chris paul score 20 points on 50% shooting isn't going to stop you from winning a chip.

20 ppg is not enough though. That's great if he can give you that production, but without someone else putting up 25 a game on good shooting numbers it isn't going to work.

The Spurs do have a great team. That much is true. But when it comes down to it, few teams in the league are constructed that way. The Clippers, as constructed need Blake to be that guy, especially in moments of crisis not Chris. The shots are going to be way too hard man.

Curry :smh:

Bucks keep that starting lineup they used last night and they're going to the playoffs :smokin

Eddie House? Did they not see Curry handle the PG duties his last year at Davidson? I was hoping he'd end up on the Knicks and how exciting it would be but the Warriors ruined it :lol:
]]

Bruh all over NBADraft.net they were clamoring about how Steph was overrated, couldn't play the point well, too undersized, all that dumb **** man I swear :lol: I remember one guy saying "Jason Richards is why that team is who it is and they went to the NIT without him. He will be too small to play the 2 in the L. He'll be a change of pace 2 guard in the vein of Bobby Jackson or Eddie house." Never forgot that **** man.

What's funny is, as Steph's career has played out, he looks almost exactly how he did his junior year at Davidson.

Idk if you watched Curry at Davidson but he carried them to the Elite 8 with his bullseye accuracy. Now that his ankles are healthy and he's put on some muscle, he's been able to grow even more as a player. Dude was always a lethal shooter.

20 ppg is not enough though. That's great if he can give you that production, but without someone else putting up 25 a game on good shooting numbers it isn't going to work.

The Spurs do have a great team. That much is true. But when it comes down to it, few teams in the league are constructed that way. The Clippers, as constructed need Blake to be that guy, especially in moments of crisis not Chris. The shots are going to be way too hard man.

"The shots are way too hard"...but somehow they had the 2nd best post season offense.

Scoring and Chris Paul are not the clippers problem.

I personally don't understand how having the second best offense in the post season is some preventing you from winning a chip.

Last edited:
tbh I think Curry has tweaked his ankles several times in the past few years it's just that he learned to play through it 

Last edited:
Curry should be a ******* Knick :smh:

nah ... then he'd suck

word. he'd be terrible. Honestly, the only way to fix the knicks would be to sign Ewing back to a 10 day and let him retire there. That would break the curse.

:wow: :rofl:

If Steph was a Knick he would've been traded for Melo.

G thats a good *** point.... he wouldve still been labeled talented but fragile & the knicks def wouldve packaged him with gallo for melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom