The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he is. They just don't feature him enough when it matters

To be fair though, he's had some opportunities this season and has not taken advantage of them. If he really wants to be that guy, Blake needs to demand the ball in those situations.

What have we seen to think his decision making and shooting will improve to that level?

we both know with experience comes wisdom on the court, the mistakes hes making in his first 2 years wont be the same mistakes he'll be making in his 4th. just like in colllege by your senior year you shouldnt be making the same mistakes you did as a freshmen. And of with experience his shot selection will improve and if he is putting in the extra work his shot will improve. therefore his fg% will go up. i like the kid.

To be fair though, he's had some opportunities this season and has not taken advantage of them. If he really wants to be that guy, Blake needs to demand the ball in those situations.
It's more than demanding the ball, it's having the ability and skills to be comfortable and confident in those spots and situations. Don't think he's there yet

I think a part of that is on Blake's skill set though

I disagree. Look what he did all of last year, and even in the playoffs. He was ready for it man. He was special against the Thunder last year. But prime example would be game 5. He was phenomenal in Game 5 and in the 4th when OKC started to make a run, they went right back to JC and CP iso's and long jumpers. He's ready for that man they've got to trust that he can be that guy for them. I know having CP3 on your team is awesome and you want the ball in his hands in moments of crisis, but Blake can manufacture just as good, if not better opportunities when it matters due to his size and scoring and playmaking ability.

Blake's potential is still out this world. He peaked early so we're not wowed by him...and everyone hates him. Blake has top 3 player in the league potential. He's a top 10 player right now.

It's not sexy to be impressed by Blake. Reality is he's 25. Just came off a 3rd place MVP finish and is having a "relatively" slow start to the year.

He played well in the playoffs last year. Clips got some tough calls...a few bad bounces and lost to a better team. They were right there as a contender. It's all Matchups. They could catch Dallas and Portland in the 1st rnd and advance.

With OKC possibly not being there...the west is completley wide open come playoff time. They truly can come out. As much fun as it is to hate on them now...this team has beat both the Grizzles and Warriors in the playoffs. I know those were differently constructed teams...but this is a good enough team to come from the west if they gel in time.
Everyone dislikes him because of his personality.  He doesn't have that charisma.  Dude looks dull and silly at times.  He shouldn't flop like CP, shouldn't talk about fouls.  He should just bang on the inside like ZBO, SIR CHARLES, SHAQUEEN.

Bruh that lakers30000 guy is horrible. Provides no real substance when actual basketball is being discussed. He's horrible.
you have the dumbest bball opinions homie.... you aint ish when it comes to ball ...
overperforms during the reg season flames out in the off's

bulls of the west basically
exactly ..... the clippers do that every year. look good in the reg season  then get bounced quick.

Last edited:
It's more than demanding the ball, it's having the ability and skills to be comfortable and confident in those spots and situations. Don't think he's there yet

I agree. I think he's still figuring out the right balance between attacking the basket and taking jumpers. He's struggling with it somewhat, which I think is part of the reason he's played below expectations so far this season. I think Blake's problem is that he thinks too much about what play to make, rather than being reactive. I'm hoping it'll get better with improved confidence.

True. But he doesn't demand the ball in those situations because IMO he becomes a tight *** and gets scared. He throws the ball right to Jamal or CP and puts the pressure on them to make the play. I think it's on Doc to say **** all of that, we're going right to you and we're winning and loosing with you.

how many 6'6 athletic legit pgs lottery picks havent work recently?
How many 6'6 Pgs have worked period?
you dont need to have a pg to run the offense and make a majority of the plays

kobe/mj/wade/lebron all had the ball in their hands WAY more then their average at best pgs

its just that most 6'6 players that are talented enough to play point guard are not listed as pgs

State Farm Insurance Agent boy ain't winning nothing w/ his exaggerated falls and flops.  Always blaming someone, always saying this and that.  The Clippers are juiced to the max, bringing in boys in from all around the world to fill voids.  And now peeps are saying, BLAKE ain't good enough?  Ask people who REALLY KNOW, and they'd be happy to take BLAKE!

LOOOOOL

PJ would win titles with this team.

I disagree. Look what he did all of last year, and even in the playoffs. He was ready for it man. He was special against the Thunder last year. But prime example would be game 5. He was phenomenal in Game 5 and in the 4th when OKC started to make a run, they went right back to JC and CP iso's and long jumpers. He's ready for that man they've got to trust that he can be that guy for them. I know having CP3 on your team is awesome and you want the ball in his hands in moments of crisis, but Blake can manufacture just as good, if not better opportunities when it matters due to his size and scoring and playmaking ability.
I want him to be ready and I want him to outright take the reigns of the team, on both ends of the floor. He has the tendency to drift on both ends and I think he depends on the greatness of CP3 at times, when he should really be like "I'm the man". He walks in to double doubles which can be a gift and a curse

kobe/mj/wade/lebron all had the ball in their hands WAY more then their average at best pgs

its just that most 6'6 players that are talented enough to play point guard are not listed as pgs

Fair point.

my point exactly so when you get one of his build and can hoop, you keep him. i mean the kid avg 17, 6 and 5 his rookie year. what more do you want from your rookie?
PJ likes big guards. RON OLD MAN HARPER was a good example.

TRIANGLE PROVED RON and FISHER.

I want him to be ready and I want him to outright take the reigns of the team, on both ends of the floor. He has the tendency to drift on both ends and I think he depends on the greatness of CP3 at times, when he should really be like "I'm the man". He walks in to double doubles which can be a gift and a curse

Its the one area of his game that I think having CP on the team has actually hindered his development. During his (redshirt) rookie year, Blake was actually starting to take on the role of being the guy down the stretch, even though his offensive skills were more raw then they are now. But I remember him delivering in those situations a few times back then. He's just been way too deferential to CP in that way since Paul got here. I agree with Shoeking that Doc has to work on that.

Last edited:

I do agree with this but like I was saying to dacomeup, these guys serve different functions as Paul. Kobe, MJ, Wade and LeBron were depended upon to put up buckets while Paul is obviously a much more traditional PG

That's the only thing I'll add

my point exactly so when you get one of his build and can hoop, you keep him. i mean the kid avg 17, 6 and 5 his rookie year. what more do you want from your rookie?

Bruh that team was a dumpster fire, his numbers don't mean much at all. He's not really all that good honestly. He just sucked the least. He's not a piece that you "need." He's a cool player to have as an asset, but if you can trade him for something better you do it in a heartbeat. He isn't some guy that's going to change the fortunes of a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom