The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if you watched Curry at Davidson but he carried them to the Elite 8 with his bullseye accuracy. Now that his ankles are healthy and he's put on some muscle, he's been able to grow even more as a player. Dude was always a lethal shooter.

I think the "overnight" comment was more directed at Steph now being durable after having pretty much chronic ankle problems his first couple years in the league.

Curry should be a ******* Knick :smh:

nah ... then he'd suck

word. he'd be terrible. Honestly, the only way to fix the knicks would be to sign Ewing back to a 10 day and let him retire there. That would break the curse.

:wow: :rofl:

If Steph was a Knick he would've been traded for Melo.

G thats a good *** point.... he wouldve still been labeled talented but fragile & the knicks def wouldve packaged him with gallo for melo

so in other words...denver would be NICE right now? steph, gallo, chandler, lawson.

"The shots are way too hard"...but somehow they had the 2nd best post season offense.

Scoring and Chris Paul are not the clippers problem.

I personally don't understand how having the second best offense in the post season is some preventing you from winning a chip.

See, this is a situation where stats can be misleading. Yes, the Clippers offense generally produced a lot of points during the playoffs. But if you really watch the games you notice that in the final 5 minutes or so of close games their offense becomes very predictable and they have a much harder time scoring. It becomes all CP isos and PnRs and more often than not results in contested jump shots. Yeah, sometimes they make enough of those shots to win, but like Shoeking is saying, they'll be better off if they can also count on Griffin to start making clutch plays.

The trend is continuing this year. Most of their wins have been by double figures. The only close game that they pulled out was against the Lakers. In close losses to the Spurs and Kings this year, their offense sputtered big time down the stretch. Crawford didn't play in that Kings game, which certainly didn't happen, but still.

Last edited:
Curry should be a ******* Knick :smh:

nah ... then he'd suck

word. he'd be terrible. Honestly, the only way to fix the knicks would be to sign Ewing back to a 10 day and let him retire there. That would break the curse.

:wow: :rofl:

If Steph was a Knick he would've been traded for Melo.

G thats a good *** point.... he wouldve still been labeled talented but fragile & the knicks def wouldve packaged him with gallo for melo

so in other words...denver would be NICE right now? steph, gallo, chandler, lawson.

yep & they wouldnt be dealing w/ ace hood who they ovb dont like either

See, this is a situation where stats can be misleading. Yes, the Clippers offense generally produced a lot of points during the playoffs. But if really watch the games you notice that in the final 5 minutes or so of close games their offense becomes very predictable and they have a much harder time scoring. It becomes all CP isos and PnRs and more often than not results in contested jump shots. Yeah, sometimes they make enough of those shots to win, but like Shoeking is saying, they'll be better off if they can also count on Griffin to start making clutch plays.

This. They play a great team game all game until crunch time where CP3 tries to do everything by himself.

lmaooo so no matter what, knicks would suck. There's no scenario where they don't suck. hahahahaha

See, this is a situation where stats can be misleading. Yes, the Clippers offense generally produced a lot of points during the playoffs. But if really watch the games you notice that in the final 5 minutes or so of close games their offense becomes very predictable and they have a much harder time scoring. It becomes all CP isos and PnRs and more often than not results in contested jump shots. Yeah, sometimes they make enough of those shots to win, but like Shoeking is saying, they'll be better off if they can also count on Griffin to start making clutch plays.

Well obviously you aren't winning a championship without multiple scoring options

that has more to do with the spacing crunch when you have to play Deandre and Blake together.

but

their offense was also elite in crunch time (4th q overtime, under 5 minutes)

Clippers were +50 with 128.6 offensive rating 3rd best that year.

Offense is not the clips problem.

Last edited:
Blake still needs to take that next step with his back to the bucket. In order for the Clips to take the next step as a team, Blake has to become their best player. That will occur when Blake is comfortable on the block. I think it's fairly simple.

Their 3 will always be a deficiency, but that can be overcome if Blake becomes a more traditional post player. Their perimeter defense is not elite but again if Blake progresses to his potential all of the other weaknesses can be masked.

monta Ellis was Julius Randle on NT before Julius Randle drives like Wade with Dirks Mid Range.

Blake still needs to take that next step with his back to the bucket. In order for the Clips to take the next step as a team, Blake has to become their best player. That will occur when Blake is comfortable on the block. I think it's fairly simple.

Their 3 will always be a deficiency, but that can be overcome if Blake becomes a more traditional post player. Their perimeter defense is not elite but again if Blake progresses to his potential all of the other weaknesses can be masked.

People are obsessed with offence, thats all they can focus on.

Scoring is not the clippers problem. You can win the chip with a top 3 offence, thats good enough.

You can't win without a top 10 d, thats all that matters; can the clipper defend good teams at a top 10 level?

right now they can't so no championship, it doesn't matter how goo Blakes post game, he doesn't need to be their best player. that is irrelevant.

Last edited:

What's blake's potential?

Crunch time and offensive issues with the Clips have WAY more to do with playing Jordan, Blake and potentially Barnes together. When defenses clamp up, they respect those shooters even less and clog the paint. DJ can't even touch the ball since he's a FT shooting liability. Chris Paul is not the problem. Not at all.

Some of you guys sound like Charles Barkley up in here.

People are obsessed with offence, thats all they can focus on.

Scoring is not the clippers problem. You can win the chip with a top 3 offence, thats good enough.

You can't win without a top 10 d, thats all that matters; can the clipper defend good teams at a top 10 level?

right now they can't so no championship, it doesn't matter how goo Blakes post game, he doesn't need to be their best player. that is irrelevant.
The Clippers won't get to the ship with Paul as their best player. It's tough for a team to get to the finals with their PG as their best player. That's just what history says but I also think it applies to this team as well.

You're right about defense, it is overlooked quite a bit. Just think you're wrong about who needs to be the best player, that's definitely not irrelevant. Again, history tends to say so.

Crunch time and offensive issues with the Clips have WAY more to do with playing Jordan, Blake and potentially Barnes together. When defenses clamp up, they respect those shooters even less and clog the paint. DJ can't even touch the ball since he's a FT shooting liability. Chris Paul is not the problem. Not at all.

If crunch time issues means, scoring better than 90% of the teams in the playoffs in crunch time then sign me up, I hope the Raptors have "crunch time issues" someday.

I'm not saying CP is the problem. I'm saying they'd be much better if they could start counting on Blake and him to score at the end of close games.

And I absolutely agree with OKB that defense and rebounding are much bigger issues for the Clippers than offense. Still, even if we get better in those areas, I have a hard time seeing us really competing for a championship until Blake proves he can be a consistent late game threat, along with CP.

The Clippers won't get to the ship with Paul as their best player. It's tough for a team to get to the finals with their PG as their best player. That's just what history says but I also think it applies to this team as well.

You're right about defense, it is overlooked quite a bit. Just think you're wrong about who needs to be the best player, that's definitely not irrelevant. Again, history tends to say so.

uhm why is it tough exactly?

It didn't seem tough for Spurs/Pistons/Lakers.

I have no idea where this "you can't win with a PG" came from, and how it infected NT, it's getting ridiculous. :lol:

What's blake's potential?

Blake's potential is still out this world. He peaked early so we're not wowed by him...and everyone hates him. Blake has top 3 player in the league potential. He's a top 10 player right now.

It's not sexy to be impressed by Blake. Reality is he's 25. Just came off a 3rd place MVP finish and is having a "relatively" slow start to the year.

He played well in the playoffs last year. Clips got some tough calls...a few bad bounces and lost to a better team. They were right there as a contender. It's all Matchups. They could catch Dallas and Portland in the 1st rnd and advance.

With OKC possibly not being there...the west is completley wide open come playoff time. They truly can come out. As much fun as it is to hate on them now...this team has beat both the Grizzles and Warriors in the playoffs. I know those were differently constructed teams...but this is a good enough team to come from the west if they gel in time.

I have no idea where this "you can't win with a PG" came from, and how it infected NT, it's getting ridiculous. :lol:

I don't buy that BS. But when the focus did shift over to TP for the spurs...they were getting bounced.

Spurs are way more balanced and rely less on TP. Plus I still thought up to last year that Duncan was their best player. Could've been finals MVP in ''07 '13 & '14. He's THAT effective.

I'm not saying CP is the problem. I'm saying they'd be much better if they could start counting on Blake and him to score at the end of close games.

And I absolutely agree with OKB that defense and rebounding are much bigger issues for the Clippers than offense. Still, even if we get better in those areas, I have a hard time seeing us really competing for a championship until Blake proves he can be a consistent late game threat, along with CP.

Chris Paul teams since 2005-06 have improved better in crunch time than every team other than the Spurs.

Team Off. Eff. Def. Eff. +/- per 48
San Antonio 107.2 100.8 +5.9
New Orleans 107.8 102.9 +4.5
Boston Celtics 106.4 101.9 +4.3
Utah 107.2 103.8 +4.3
Orlando 107.5 102.2 +4.1

Biggest difference, winning percentage in close games vs. other games, since 2005-06
New Orleans 80 44 .645 .546 +.099
Portland 78 57 .578 .489 +.089
New York 61 76 .445 .359 +.086
New Jersey 59 62 .488 .402 +.085
Sacramento 61 74 .452 .369 +.083
Milwaukee 70 74 .486 .420 +.066

CP is more than consistent in crunch time.

Last edited:
The clippers role players are so one dimensional that during the crunch time their deficiencies are just exposed.Deandre can't hold the ball during the last 2 minutes Reddick Crawford are good offensively but only Reddick is an average defender and he can only guard the shallowest position in the league with his short arms Barnes doesn't even need to be guarded most of the time the Clips will close the game out with Reddick and Crawford so naturally their team defense will suffer but they will continue to have an elite offense unless Blake all of a sudden can't hit his midrange shots.

I have no idea where this "you can't win with a PG" came from, and how it infected NT, it's getting ridiculous.
laugh.gif
Tell me where I said "you can't win with a PG". Stop making things up 
laugh.gif

So the Lakers and Pistons from yester-year (and the Pistons one outlier year) and the Spurs (which Duncan was definitely their best player a bulk of their title years)

Like I said, history tends to agree that "it's tough to win a title with a PG as your best player". Note that I said "tough" not that "you can't win". It's not hard to comprehend 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom