The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the miami heat supporting cast was a bunch of bums before lebron and bosh came over

when you have a so called top 3 coach, top 3 pg, top 3 pf, a center that leads the league in rebounds AND the sixth man of the year you stop making excuses and find a way to make it work

If only it was this black and white :\

i guess man, i believe in developing players. i believe if your in the nba you will get better every year. you have no choice. its your job.

the kid is not a finish product is what i was getting at, he will get better. he has too much potential not to.

But its also about your situation too, i bet if Pat drafted the kid it would be a different story if he won ROY there.

example...

has anyboy watched Brandon Knight lately...totally different player then he was while in Detroit. kid couldnt go east, west for the life of him while with the Piston. Now hes a legit problem.

Last edited:
I can't deny that he does some obnoxious things on the court, but I really do think CP is a good guy --

L.A. Times Sports ‏@latimessports · 15h15 hours ago
Chris Paul's tribute to brave mom is more than an initial offering http://lat.ms/1Cdw35d

the miami heat supporting cast was a bunch of bums before lebron and bosh came over

when you have a so called top 3 coach, top 3 pg, top 3 pf, a center that leads the league in rebounds AND the sixth man of the year you stop making excuses and find a way to make it work
True but look at who he's been eliminated by in the second round each year

I don't make excuses for Paul but I also don't crucify him like a lot of NT does

Anyone catch Crawford dribble between Zeller's legs the other night 
pimp.gif
the issue i have is that people will always point the finger at guys like melo, iverson, tmac for not being good enough to get it done because they are scorers

but for guys like nash, cp3, stockton since they "play the right way" or "make their teammates better" then the excuse is always he just needs more help

if you have the ball in your hands and run the offense im going to evaluate you the same way, melo isnt good enough to get it done? cool i expect you to say the same thing about cp3. if you think cp3 is great and has just been unlucky with being on bad teams then the same excuse/reason should be used when talking about iverson or tmac

personally i think its a dumb idea to build a team around a pg, sure it can and has been done before but looking at history the success rate of building around any position other than a pg is way higher when trying to win a championship. and the basic reasoning for this is you're generally better off if your best player is not the shortest player on the court 

i do dislike chris paul though. i think his failure to progress beyond a certain point is karma in a way for his snake-like ways on the court
Oh I don't have any sympathy for him at all ever since the egregious low blow he threw at Wake Forest. Then the tornado flopping nonsense he used to do in New Orleans. I hope he never wins.

Last edited:
the same people bringing up how its not the chris paul clippers offense that's the problem, its the defense are the ones talking about how kobe's offense this year is a travesty to basketball

with dleague talent and a coach running a 1970s offense, the lakers kobe offense is 18th in the nba (going by offensive rating) slightly below average but from our talent and coaching id say that's not too bad

our defense is by far the worst in the nba, and the biggest reason we lose almost every game we play

scumbag cp0
the kid stays excessively whining and flopping out there and disrespects the game

not so serious, but semi srs

I'm sure Chris Paul is disrespecting the game by being a future HOF'er and putting up historic assist/turnover numbers, elevating all those bum teams in NO and leading one of the most fun to watch offenses ever in LA.

You guys kill me. :lol:

I'm sure Chris Paul is disrespecting the game by being a future HOF'er and putting up historic assist/turnover numbers, elevating all those bum teams in NO and leading one of the most fun to watch offenses ever in LA.

but bro he hit that guy in the nuts in college!

Watching AD against the Jazz again and it just has me :smh:.

Dude was treating Favors/Kanter/Gobert & Booker. :x

He's a savant man & he has the best putback dunks I've ever seen.

Just basketball instincts on another level.

but bro he hit that guy in the nuts in college!
he did it again against Argentina, they retaliated by going after melo.

Good player, also dirty player.

Sixes getting that first dub tonight?

you know how when the heat had lebron or when lakers were good, teams "got up" for them?
i think teams do not want to be sixers "first" and will be focused on winning. it'd be one thing if it was in the middle of the season and they won a handful of gms and teams may take them lightly

It is time for Chris to win, he's been dubbed as a top 5 player, a first ballot hall of famer, ****** even saying he's the goat point guard for too long.

OKC had two top 5 players last year and couldn't top the Spurs.
Originally Posted 

I remember when I said Steph was a HoF player and people laughed
You shouldn't be surprised at this kind of thing 
 The Clippers won't get to the ship with Paul as their best player. It's tough for a team to get to the finals with their PG as their best player. That's just what history says but I also think it applies to this team as well.
I see what you are saying here, and the point was "what history says"

It's more than demanding the ball, it's having the ability and skills to be comfortable and confident in those spots and situations. Don't think he's there yet
I agree. I think he's still figuring out the right balance between attacking the basket and taking jumpers. He's struggling with it somewhat, which I think is part of the reason he's played below expectations so far this season. I think Blake's problem is that he thinks too much about what play to make, rather than being reactive. I'm hoping it'll get better with improved confidence.
Man this is so true. 

For once I'd like to see him catch the ball on the block and back the defender down rather than face up, think about his move, and start trying to shake the defender off dribble.

the same people bringing up how its not the chris paul clippers offense that's the problem, its the defense are the ones talking about how kobe's offense this year is a travesty to basketball

with dleague talent and a coach running a 1970s offense, the lakers kobe offense is 18th in the nba (going by offensive rating) slightly below average but from our talent and coaching id say that's not too bad

our defense is by far the worst in the nba, and the biggest reason we lose almost every game we play
Without a doubt.

Man, if he makes the All NBA Team, the slander is going to be Epic
Watching AD against the Jazz again and it just has me
mean.gif

He's a savant man & he has the best putback dunks I've ever seen.

Just basketball instincts on another level.
Do you feel blessed to watch such beauty?

True but look at who he's been eliminated by in the second round each year

I don't make excuses for Paul but I also don't crucify him like a lot of NT does

Anyone catch Crawford dribble between Zeller's legs the other night :pimp:
the issue i have is that people will always point the finger at guys like melo, iverson, tmac for not being good enough to get it done because they are scorers

but for guys like nash, cp3, stockton since they "play the right way" or "make their teammates better" then the excuse is always he just needs more help

if you have the ball in your hands and run the offense im going to evaluate you the same way, melo isnt good enough to get it done? cool i expect you to say the same thing about cp3. if you think cp3 is great and has just been unlucky with being on bad teams then the same excuse/reason should be used when talking about iverson or tmac

personally i think its a dumb idea to build a team around a pg, sure it can and has been done before but looking at history the success rate of building around any position other than a pg is way higher when trying to win a championship. and the basic reasoning for this is you're generally better off if your best player is not the shortest player on the court 

I agree

"Gasol has a Western Conference-leading 136 post-ups and leads the NBA by a wide margin in touches on the elbow(198)"

-ESPN game preview breakdown

I wonder who leads the East in post-ups? I don't even know where to find those stats. Hibbert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom