The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, defense is way more draining nowadays than it ever was in the 80s or 90s. It's not even close. The game has evolved a lot.

this Houston San Antonio game is entertaining as hell.  

Spurs ball movement 
pimp.gif

Danny Green 
eek.gif

Joey Dorsey free throws 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
That pass to Baynes was so ill.

Dorsey about to feel it 
laugh.gif
. Shooting 19% on the season good lord. Looking like a real like Dwight Howard swingman

Last edited:
what do you mean? people put more effort into defense nowadays than they did in the 80s or 90s?

way i see it, there's better athletes so it's tougher to play defense but less teams actually play defense like they used to.

Defenses are better than they were in the 80's and 90's like SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Defense is also more difficult to play, you can't just physically abuse people with hand checks, freedolm of movement rules, and improved 3 point shooting, defensive 3 seconds means you have to cover way more ground as a defender.

Hand checking peolple and hard fouls doesn't mean defenses were more difficult to beat they weren't they were significantly easier.

is it safe to say lebron is at the PF magic stage of his career already?

Its so crazy to me cuz dude was showing noooo signs last year. Dude had his speed, hops and everything. I think it has to be an injury, didn't he have back issues? Back injuries can really effect explosiveness, example Dwight's Lakers stint.

Last edited:
Tiago Splitter is a *****. Point blank. He's just fallen down on at least 3-5 Dwight post ups. Every one his neck got some whiplash in it. Ridiculous :rofl:

what do you mean? people put more effort into defense nowadays than they did in the 80s or 90s?

Between the 80s and now, the effort isn't even close. The 80s were straight run and gun.

Besides that, the way NBA teams play defense requires more energy. Just the stuff they have to deal with and how they deal with it. The Thibs style principles have taken over the league. It's either that or aggressive Miami style traps.

Hard fouls doesn't equal good or tougher defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom