The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

You're opinion is invalid since you're clearly biased against the Knicks and all about his money Melo. Guy was our best player on one leg. Not his fault his supporting cast was JR Smith and Shump performing the worst in their careers.

@HerringWSJ: Knicks, w/ JR and Shump on court per 100 plays

11-12: +6.5 pts
12-13: -0.7 pts
13-14: +10 pts
14-15: -18 pts

But let's blame Melo since that's the trendy thing to do here.

Report: Knicks could select Trey Lyles with fourth overall pick in NBA Draft
Brett Pollakoff May 31, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT

Leading up to the NBA Draft, teams leak various bits of information about prospects they may or may not be interested in — some of it is true, and some of it is simply meant to create leverage in potential trade scenarios.

If the latest report is to be believed, which says the Knicks have their eyes on Trey Lyles, it would appear to be the type of tidbit meant to create some trade opportunities.

From Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:

While Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein have garnered the most attention, the Knicks for months have been enamored with Trey Lyles, according to a team source. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 forward out of Indianapolis who Phil Jackson sees as a good fit for the triangle offense.

Would the Knicks select Lyles with the fourth overall pick? Crazier things have happened and if Jackson truly believes Lyles, the 2014 Indiana Mr. Basketball who was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and has played internationally for the U.S. and Canada, is worth it, perhaps he’ll make the move. A more plausible scenario would be for the Knicks to trade down, since most draft experts don’t see him as a top 10 pick.

Most mock drafts, including ours, have Lyles going outside of the lottery in the mid-first-round range.

New York isn’t likely to take a chance here if one of the consensus top-three prospects — Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor or D’Angelo Russell — remains on the board when it’s their turn to make a selection. That could happen, for example, if the Timberwolves or Lakers surprise by taking someone other than Towns or Okafor, because the Sixers are sitting at three, and already have two cornerstone bigs in Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid, and could go with someone like Emmanuel Mudiay instead.

But if things go as they’re currently being projected, the Knicks would potentially have a difficult decision to make.

They wouldn’t need to use the fourth overall pick on Lyles if that’s who they truly want; trading down to get additional assets along with Lyles would make the most sense. But Phil Jackson is unproven in being responsible for making draft day decisions, so it’ll be very interesting to see if he can make the right maneuvers to get the player he wants — and do it in the most intelligent way possible.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-draft/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Somewhat misleading headline... But if Phil trades back to get Trey Lyles, his keys should be taken away from him immediately.

It's not happening these numb nut reporters need something to talk about. First it was Kaminsky then WCS now Lyles.

I would tend to fall in line with you.

But if it's one person to do something stupid to get someone that fits the scheme of his team in the top 5. It's undoubtedly Phil.

It's not happening these numb nut reporters need something to talk about. First it was Kaminsky then WCS now Lyles.

But if it's one person to do something stupid to get someone that fits the scheme of his team in the top 5. It's undoubtedly Phil.
:lol: true I doubt he's dumb enough to do it though. The backlash would be of historic proportions.

Mirotic was 23 for most of this year. He's older than the average draft pick so he doesn't apply to the GM's Euro-phobia? You know he came over a year earlier than he was supposed to? It's ridiculous that GMs are prisoners of the moment when it comes to drafting Euros or having a phobia toward Euros, it's even more ridiculous that GMs wouldn't group Mirotic's season in with the rest of them because he's a few years older, like age is a factor. Not like Vesley would have avoided being a career 28% shooter from 3ft and out if he had come over a few years later.

:lol: true I doubt he's dumb enough to do it though. The backlash would be of historic proportions.

I would love to see it. And then have a re-do of the pick where Phil does the right thing.

Just because I want to enjoy for 10-15 minutes the basketball world collectively explode.

Lyles can play ball, too bad no lotto team has multiple first rounders besides the Lakers.

You're opinion is invalid since you're clearly biased against the Knicks and all about his money Melo. Guy was our best player on one leg. Not his fault his supporting cast was JR Smith and Shump performing the worst in their careers.

@HerringWSJ: Knicks, w/ JR and Shump on court per 100 plays

11-12: +6.5 pts
12-13: -0.7 pts
13-14: +10 pts
14-15: -18 pts

But let's blame Melo since that's the trendy thing to do here.

cape_nba_nyk.jpg

mjcry on this would be avy material

Man if the Knicks dont pick Mudiay because of triangle reasons, idk wtf i'm gonna do :smh:

I could definitely see it happening too :lol:

I feel for the Knicks fanbase. No one knows if Phil has any clue as to what he's doing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom