The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

It's still early but it's looking like high school hoopmixtapes have given us a pretty clear idea of how guys like randle and towns will operate in the pros, despite playing significantly different in ncaa competition

This is the case with a lot of prospects, as one college year doesn't really change much and when you factor in things such as circumstace surrounding the prospect, a lot of times high school and aau can be just as viable if not more viable than college when it comes to evaluating a player.

This is the case with a lot of prospects, as one college year doesn't really change much and when you factor in things such as circumstace surrounding the prospect, a lot of times high school and aau can be just as viable if not more viable than college when it comes to evaluating a player.

TBH, and this coming from a big Duke fan, I'm still trying to figure out why folks are THAT high on Winslow. Top 10? Sure. Top 5 and talking like he's a guaranteed star? Miss me with that.

I see him having a Shawn Marion ceiling, which isn't a bad thing but his floor is lower than it currently appears and he's definitely not a sure fire thing like folks are making him out to be.

TBH, and this coming from a big Duke fan, I'm still trying to figure out why folks are THAT high on Winslow. Top 10? Sure. Top 5 and talking like he's a guaranteed star? Miss me with that.

I see him having a Shawn Marion ceiling, which isn't a bad thing but his floor is lower than it currently appears and he's definitely not a sure fire thing like folks are making him out to be.

Agreed. I'm on a Celtics forum and dudes over there talking about how he should go #2.

I like him a lot as an X-Factor type of player. Should go between 5 and 7. Really would only take Mario and maybe WCS over him. Zinger possibly, but probably not.

he's def going there if he's the coach

I'll be PISSED if Stanley ends up in Charlotte. Another dude that can't shoot :smh:

Have mercy on my soul sports gods

idk man i say give PJ another year to develop and Lance is getting played a nice check. so lets see if last year was fluke.

Henderson bout to walk so i say bring in Stanley.

I actually like that Marion comparison for Winslow. Doubt he'll ever average over 10 rpg but still.

Probably won't but will be tough on the boards, easy buckets on the break, lock down defender, #3 guy on offense, intangibles galore, with the ability to knock down the open corner 3.

But that's if he pans out and actually figures out how to just play basketball because right now he's relying solely on natural athletic ability. His IQ needs to go waaaaaaay up in order to utilize the bag full of tools he has.

People love him because he fits that Kawhi/Jimmy Butler mold that every team wants right now.

Not with Byron Scott or Flip as their coaches.

Byron actually let randle cook in preseason. And in spl they took all the chains off and just let him go.

Agree 100%. I was ridiculed for projecting randle's game based on hoopmixtape vids :lol: :smh: |I. Way more versatile and athletic style at the prep level. Some guys like Rose and wall you can tell right away just from high school footage

People love him because he fits that Kawhi/Jimmy Butler mold that every team wants right now.

Except they improved their offense games drastically on really good teams with great coaching, we don't know Justice's situation yet.

The last couple games of the season and the NCAA tourney lead to the Winslow hype ...if you're a fan of his game that's a good sign tho cuz he's trending up /getting better

Winslow is my favorite player in the draft but i'm not taking him over Mudiay/Russell at #4

he'd be a nice fit with Denver at #7

Athletically Mudiay reminds me of a Joe johnson. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I don't see anything close to elite athleticism

A slightly quicker Lance?

I think part of Winslow's appeal is that some of these teams think that they'll be able to play him at small ball 4 based upon what they saw in college, no? Regardless, it's going to depend on whether that 3PT% is actually going to stick, or if it were a fluke. 

I think the 3pt shooting was fluky, he's never been a good shooter and doesn't shoot FT's at a high clip either.

Yall trippin Mudiay and Lance are very similar players Lance is a better shooter than him while Mudiay is quicker  

Back
Top Bottom