The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Maybe the Laker homerism is kicking in already, but I like that' he's standing up for himself.

Paraphrasing:

"There are concerns about your defense"

"Well I've won at every level, so it can't be that bad."

:lol:

so what you're saying is you have really really bad foresight?
laugh.gif
If Okafor is Al Jefferson or Lopez, that would be considered not panning out?
You don't draft someone number 1 or 2 and hope he turns into Brook or Al jeff

You don't draft someone number 1 or 2 and hope he turns into Brook or Al jeff

I never said anything about "hoping" he turns into one of those guys. I'm saying if that's what his floor is...I don't see how that's such a bad thing.

I don't feel good about Winslow. Not sure if I want him at fourth pick.
I'm not high on him at all.. I think he can be a very solid role player.. but obviously you want a little more from the 4th pick

If Porzingis develops and pans out, he'll be the ideal choice for Orlando. WCS is the obvious choice to solidify their interior defense and Mario is a good choice to give you that offensive spark and he's got high potential, but Porzingis potential is just as high with a valuable skillset for their team.

If Porzingis is there at 5, I think you have to take him. It seems strange for Philly to pass up on their PG they desperately need at 3, but I wouldn't put it past them considering their BPA approach to drafting.

Last edited:
@andyblarsen Today was the last workout. The others, they tried to bring in, but for whatever reason, their agents wouldn't allow it.

@andyblarsen That includes Frank Kaminsky, Devin Booker, and Cam Payne. One big reason agents are avoiding Utah: positional depth at every position.
The list of guys the Jazz did bring in include Oubre, Turner, Dekker, Hollis-Jefferson, Looney, Portis, Lyle, Grant and Hunter.

Last edited:
I really don't get why Payne, Kaminsky, or Booker would want to avoid Utah. 

Kaminsky can be good as the 3rd big and stretch the floor for Utah. Really good passer and could play well with Gobert.

Booker good for spacing, I get how Burks may scare them a little.

Have to figure Utah would move Burke is they wanted Payne. Exum may not even be a full-time PG.

Would have to figure that Utah would be a good landing spot for most young players. Especially because Quin Snyder is smart.

mean.gif
laugh.gif

You wouldn't draft Brook Lopez 2nd over all?

2012 - MKG
2011 - Derrick Williams
2010 - Evan Turner
2009 - Haseem Thabeet
2008 - Michael Beasley

But yea, you wouldn't take Lopez 2nd overall
eyes.gif
are those guys the best players left on the board too?

I'm just saying if you're drafting 2nd you have the 2nd to the best chance in the draft to select the best player and an Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez type of player is not what teams tanked for.Those guys that you listed may have been picked  second but they're others in the same draft that are better than Brook and Al level players and the respective teams that are drafting 2nd and  don't get the top 3 player in the draft they're gonna be left underwhelmed.

Mario never even looks to pass lol. Straight ISO or catch and shoot every time he touches it.

He's actually has good vision, he just gets tunnel vision when he thinks he's hot (which is almost always)

plus his role at Barcelona is extremely rigid defined.

he showed it at the youth level.

Mario Hezonja said he "never had to respect anybody on a basketball court."
"If they smell blood, you get eaten," Hezonja said. "I'm not like that. I don't care. Whether it's a veteran or a young player standing in front of me I always have the same goal. I want to run over everybody." Apparently, we might have the overseas confidence equivalent to Nick Young. Additionally, back in February he was asked if he went to see Lionel Messi play in Barcelona, and he responded Messi can come see him. The Croatian should be a lot of fun to watch.

svlaw2K.gif

mario :lol: :pimp:

you missed the best part of that quote

"back in February he was asked if he went to see Lionel Messi play in Barcelona, and he responded Messi can come see him"

:lol:

can't wait for summer league, he's going to take 25 shots a game. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom