The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

College ball barely even resembles NBA from all the rule changes and different styles of play.

****** don't play zone and all that hacking on defense in the L.

Until there's another mode than the NCAA that's what we're stuck with. Going overseas for a year only skews things more

Not going to take AAU performances over what they do in college whether they're one and done or not. One year in college can definitely expose someone or prove their worth. I don't think it skews one and done talents all that much or if at all

I didn't see too much of Russell but I thought he was a playmaking 2? There's a lot of talk of him as a PG. Seems like a tough position to put him in. Would you guys consider him a 1 or 2? Was he running the offense and bringing it up everytime at OSU?

Until there's another mode than the NCAA that's what we're stuck with. Going overseas for a year only skews things more

Not going to take AAU performances over what they do in college whether they're one and done or not. One year in college can definitely expose someone or prove their worth. I don't think it skews one and done talents all that much or if at all

So if a kid dominates AAU and FIBA but doesn't blow people away in college you're going to put more stock in that one year over a body of work in actual pro style games?

That's how people started doubting Wiggins.

I didn't see too much of Russell but I thought he was a playmaking 2? There's a lot of talk of him as a PG. Seems like a tough position to put him in. Would you guys consider him a 1 or 2? Was he running the offense and bringing it up everytime at OSU?

He played the 1 all year

So if a kid dominates AAU and FIBA but doesn't blow people away in college you're going to put more stock in that one year over a body of work in actual pro style games?

This is essentially why I bought the topic up. I just found it odd that people were pumping Ben Simmons up based on HS...and then people were knocking Mudiay. Seems kind of contradictory

Bruh ...

Coming in here can make people dumb as hell ...

The comparison, their draft analysis, they opinion on different basketball levels etc.

I'm starting to ignore some and just focus on others ...

I'm not going to call out anyone, but hot diggity darn some people have no clue ...

Last edited:

people don't understand that a lot of these colleges have coaches with set offense/defensive schemes often having kids straight from HS adapting rather than the coach adaptiving to them. SMH ...

Plus all this BS rules that neither pro or international use are further proof that all you are looking is for fundamentals, shooting touch, leadership, etc.

people don't understand that a lot of these colleges have coaches with set offense/defensive schemes often having kids straight from HS adapting rather than the coach adaptiving to them. SMH ...

Plus all this BS rules that neither pro or international use are further proof that all you are looking is for fundamentals, shooting touch, leadership, etc.

Exactly, in NCAA coach is king especially at the bigger programs.

Rarely do they bring in elite talent and cater to the player in the way that they would be utilized at the next level.

Coach K one of the only guys that do it.

If you were to judge KAT off of his 1 year at UK compared to his Prep/AAU/FIBA play you would think he's a 1 dimensional rim protector and post player because Cal only allows that.

Uh no, did you get that from what I said? Wiggins still produced in college despite Bill Self

In my previous post I clearly said you take into account factors like system/coaches/teammates

Last edited:
Crobe ready to be great man.
I'm just picturing Mario in a 1-0 workout hitting 30 straight 3s, doing Zach LaVine's dunks, calling out Kobe and hitting on GMs' daughters
— Austin Green (@LosCrossovers) June 18, 2015
His basketball bae is
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Uh no, did you get that from what I said? Wiggins still produced in college despite Bill Self

In my previous post I clearly said you take into account factors like system/coaches/teammates

When did I say you though? I said that's how people started doubting him.

NCAA isn't really that indicative of NBA skills for the most part, when you have to factor all that stuff in it just lends more credence to that fact.

In AAU/FIBA you get the best young prospects playing without a system in more PnR basketball with a regular shot clock and pro rules.

Elite prospects also play there for 3-4 years mostly, while they play in NCAA for 1-2 seasons at most, don't see how it makes sense to take that as a more comprehensive scouting tool.

When did I say you though? I said that's how people started doubting him.

NCAA isn't really that indicative of NBA skills for the most part, when you have to factor all that stuff in it just lends more credence to that fact.

In AAU/FIBA you get the best young prospects playing without a system in more PnR basketball with a regular shot clock and pro rules.

Elite prospects also play there for 3-4 years mostly, while they play in NCAA for 1-2 seasons at most, don't see how it makes sense to take that as a more comprehensive scouting tool.
You're not really saying anything that anyone can disagree with

My point was we're stuck with the current system. There is no other mode other than overseas 

When a prospect goes through college you can still learn a ton about them despite the circumstances. AAU can be skewed, for instance, with Russell who played with a number of top flight guys. When he got to OSU he could finally be the man as opposed to a side player

I'm not buying Russell not wanting to play for Philly. He spoke on playing there right after the lottery and he just worked out there. You don't work out for a team you don't want to play for. We see it every year.

AAU is probably has the biggest difference in talent level between two teams than anything. A combination of FIBA tape & college tape is best IMO.

Watching the Atlanta Celtics playing the Smallville Chimneysweepers isn't real insight and players' skills displayed can't really be translated into any NBA skills.

Last edited:
AAU is probably has the biggest difference in talent level between two teams than anything. A combination of FIBA tape & college tape is best IMO.

Watching the Atlanta Celtics playing the Smallville Chimneysweepers isn't real insight and can't really be translated into any NBA skills.

I'm talking about the elite AAU tourneys nothing else.

That's the best going against the best.

Watching Russell torch Northwestern isn't any better yet folks put stock into that.

Last edited:
Yall keep saying that it is ridiculous to compare Russell to Curry, but yall forget that it would have been ridiculous to compare 2009 Steph Curry to 2015 Steph Curry. You would have been laughed at and called crazy or a troll.

Russell is a better prospect than Steph was. Simple as that. Prospect to prospect, Russell wins. I am not saying that he will become what Curry has, because those are absurd expectations to place on him, but there is no reason to think that it is impossible for him to have that kind of ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom