The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

I'm hope D-LO lands with the Knicks, Philly basically will swing the draft if they don't take one of the PGs either Mudiay or Russ may fall. I don't really see a team that has a pressing need for PG after NY. Unless you just take the best player available at that point and figure it out later.

I'm hope D-LO lands with the Knicks, Philly basically will swing the draft if they don't take one of the PGs either Mudiay or Russ may fall. I don't really see a team that has a pressing need for PG after NY. Unless you just take the best player available at that point and figure it out later.

Kings, but WCS is such a perfect fit that they should take him if he's there.

But they could also get Rondo at $13-14mil by trading Jason Thompson for a slightly smaller contract

Yea, that's what I was thinking too, the don't HAVE to take a PG, WCS makes too much sense next to DMC. Wonder if the Lakers can try and trade back up if Mudiay/Russell start to fall include Clarkson in a deal potentially?

and I'm not labeling russell a bust by any means, i just dont think as highly of him as many do
He is the bomb.com. Watched a lot of big ten bball as an IU fan, dude was always the best guy on the court every game he played. Just iffy on his jumpshot but thats something you can teach. He has all the intangibles.

People always say shooting can be fixed but there's so many broke jumpers in the league it's not even funny

Last edited:
frown.gif

@MaxRappaport: Things Mario Hezonja’s claimed:

• He’s the best player in this draft
• He’s better than Lionel Messi
• LaVine’s dunk contest dunks were meh

asterisk it, gimme him at #4

Dude is starting to creep into the clown category.

my man 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 probably a Ronnie fan too even though he plays for Barca

That Ohio State cast Russell had to play was trash :lol:

Skal Labissiere & Ben Simmons for sure good prospects other than that 2015 HS class has a lot to show

What's the difference or separation with Jaylen Brown and all the Good SF in this draft ?

BI is that dude :pimp: :pimp: but might need some time

That was the comparison I first had of Russell during the Fall, a mix of Lillard and Manu. These Curry and Harden comps need to stop.

Super Mario though :lol:

Russell rumors:

Why the hell is he being compared to Steph? 
indifferent.gif
 Dude plays much more like a Manu type playmaker

After trading point guard Michael Carter-Williams, the 2014 rookie of the year, to Milwaukee this past season, it would appear that the 76ers need a point guard.

But the buzz around the NBA is that D’Angelo Russell, a 6-5 point guard from Ohio State whom many see as a lesser Stephen Curry-type, doesn’t want to play for the unpredictable 76ers. Russell did work out for the 76ers last week.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ngelo-russell-doesnt-want-to-play-for-sixers/
Smokescreen. Not buying it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Russell-pleased-with-Sixers-workout.html

Either way Russell has no say in where he goes so it's a moot point

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to play in Philly though. There's no real point in a smokescreen in this situation since they have the 3rd pick. What would be the point of a smokescreen from either party

I'm sure people do but seems like the wrong thread to be bringing up Simmons and Ingram etc. But since we're on the topic, give me Jaylen Brown 
laugh.gif

People are always putting a ton of stock into college basketball but we're already putting a ton of stock into Simmons, Skal, etc. without having them play a single game first.

How are we so sure about them...but knocking Mudiay because he didn't play college ball? How does that work?

I judge guys more off AAU/FIBA than college if they are elite 1 and done guys.

They're both more like the style wise NBA than the NCAA and depending on where said prospect goes to school, they may have faced tougher comp then.

Last edited:
AAU can be a cluster. FIBA tourneys are awesome though. I think Mudiay is actually protected in a way since he didn't play college ball. I see a lot of folks revert back to his high school/World Summit performance 

If he had played college ball he could have been picked apart further

I take college as the biggest piece of evidence but definitely not the NCAA Tournament

Of course there are factors like system/coach/teammates etc.

Starting to want to see this guy fail.. Unless of course he somehow ends up on okc

Back
Top Bottom