THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not Chris Broussard, he's not outn here straight up telling tall tales. He was one of the FIRST on the Lebron to Miami.

foh

that's literally his only recent claim to fame & it honestly wasn't his

he aint been **** since HIS show was on

Clown Show Smith out here threatening dudes. Does he even consider himself a journalist anymore? Very unprofessional on his part.

seems like a lot of today's athletes dont know how to interact with the media 

you have to be pretty bad at talking to have steven a smith making threats and lil b starting curses 

all while KD thinks life is unfair when all if this is self inflicted 

Sports journalism as a whole just seems very unprofessional

I don't see the difference with what they do and when a troll lights up this thread

I agree 100 percent about sports journalism. Specifically, sports journalism on ESPN went out the door a long time ago but as unprofessional as sports journalism has become, there are certain lines that I didn't think a journalist should cross on TV. Threatening dudes on TV is out of bounds. I don't remember Skip, SVP, Bob Ley, etc threatening dudes on TV who call them out.

I think Stephen A Smith is risking his "cool Black reporter" rep with this.

Threatening to out players personal lives?

I think it would be hard to be a sustainable inside scoop reporter like that.

That's his real appeal having the inside scoop and the longer he stays on First Take, he is kinda diminishing that.

was i the only one who though SAS was eluding to something dirty like the fact that he could spill the beans about athletes sexual preferences if you wanna get on his bad side 
laugh.gif

im serious though. 

Last edited:
Stephen A is the one that is turning this into a "thing " tho , he was just itching to go back at KD, couldn't wait till it was Monday :lol:

was i the only one who though SAS was eluding to something dirty like the fact that he could spill the beans about athletes sexual preferences if you wanna get on his bad side :lol:

im serious though. 

Whatever he meant, what he said was foolish.

you gotta understand the difference.

Kevin Durant is a REALLY popular athlete with ALOT of influence across the world.

when someone like that comes along and pretty much takes away a reporters credibility and calls them a liar...

its like someone breaking a basketball players knees.

in a way SAS was basically defending his livelyhood. whether he wants to admit that or not.

Journalists get accused of lying sometimes. It's nothing personal.

SAS could've just said "I stand by my source"
and ride it out and then when KD visits the Lakers say "I told you so".

Last edited:
Journalists get accused of lying sometimes. It's nothing personal.

SAS could've just said "I stand by my source"
and ride it out and then when KD visits the Lakers say "I told you so".

QFT. I am all for Clown Show Smith standing up for himself, but to threaten a dude is going too far. All those times people have accused Christopher Broussard of lying, I don't recall him threatening anyone on TV.

QFT. I am all for Clown Show Smith standing up for himself, but to threaten a dude is going too far. All those times people have accused Christopher Broussard of lying, I don't recall him threatening anyone on TV.

That's cause Broussard is never right and always late.

I really hate the ESPN guys and I really hate that we talk about the ESPN guys lol

Exactly, like why are they even relevant?

Why does KD have to get asked by a journalist about comments made by another journalist about rumors?

The whole **** is stupid, sports journalism for the most part is just absolute ****.

And add in the games agents play with these guys.

Someone barely connected to KD probably leaked word to Stephen A to create a story, drive up the market, whatever. And KD probably had nothing to do with it so it would be annoying to hear.

In the end Stephen A just gets his panties in a bunch like he's really some kind of well-respected force in the world.

I know neither man personnelly, but you're assuming a lot..

See where Brian Williams was before his mess
...and you see where Brian is now. If a reporter loses credibility they are done; might as well go work for TMZ. Most of these reporters don't run with anything until they've checked and double checked it; no matter how juicy it is. There are other people involved, so if you make ish up you are bound to get called out and lose credibility...that's why SAS is so pissed right now.

He's taking it overboard but I see where he's coming from. KD messing with that dude pockets...
where is Broussard again?

IF   it is shown SAS is full of crap, what  are the real ramifications for him in this scenario?

skip bayless alluded to troy aikman being gay without any real proof to sell a book and where is he now?

That's cause Broussard is never right and always late.

Have you ever seen any other sports journalist openly threaten an athlete on TV after said athlete called them a liar? Even if we take Christopher or Clown Show Smith out of the equation I have never seen it. I am not talking about defending themselves or their sources.

KD went at his credibility so I don't see how you can accuse SAS of being the one

I don't even like SAS but my god yall can't look at **** objectively 

How do you know SAS didn't just make that **** hp tho? He worded it perfectly so that he could have an excuse to never be able to prove that someone told him KD wants to play elsewhere. He "heard". SAS knew if he yelled loud enough and acted tough he could sway people into believing him without leoviding any proof :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom