THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: at Evan Turner making an All-Star team out of nowhere at 27 years old when he's slow/unathletic and can't shoot. He is who he is.

His main issue is consistency. If he pulls that inconsistent **** constantly throughout the season than he has no chance, but I'm basing what I'm saying on how he finished the season.

Last edited:
The Hawks were in a zone last year but still, if there were enough spots for their whole team to make the ASG, I wouldn't put Turner out of the realm of possibilities. I wouldn't pick him but I wouldn't pick anyone outside the obvious right now

About the best I can say for ET is he wasn't quite as bad as I expected last year. He's still not even remotely close to being an All-Star caliber player, and never will be. It just isn't happening. About the best he can hope for is to just be a decent enough role player to not totally sabotage the team.

Wut 
laugh.gif

Ed davis is 26 going into his 6th year and 4th team, there's nothing left to develop. He was a nice piece but not irreplaceable. Upshaw has a higher ceiling and brings more of what the team needs, specifically rim protection. Lakers have just as many if not more young prospects than pdx so I don't know what you're talking about there. Also clarkson and russell do not play the same position, style or even areas of the court

Him being 26 is exactly the point, he's just now in his prime as he showed last year. Who cares how many teams he's been on, that isn't relevant to his on court production.

Show me a guy his age that provides borderline elite rim protection, great in the pick and roll and a highly effecient finisher for 6.5 million a year.

They don't have more young prospects than Portland, you're tripping. Clarkson, Russell, Randle, Nance and maybe Upshaw.

Only one of those guys has even showed anything in the league.

Portland has CJ/Plumlee/Leonard/Aminu/Davis/Alexander/Harkless

5 of those guys have already showed promise in actual games.

But yea bet on a guy who went undrafted to due to a myriad of red flags instead of getting a guy coming off a career year for cheap. The likelihood of Upshaw even becoming Ed Davis is very low.

And are you serious regarding Clarkson/Russell? They're both ball dominant guards and both thrive in the pick and roll, Clarkson isn't good off the ball.

They signed Brandon Bass for the same money, that Davis wants, he's 30 years old and has never been as good as Davis is.

It was a stupid move.
Boss got double what Bass is being paid.

Lowe on the Clips

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-edge-of-glory-will-the-clippers-make-the-leap-or-hit-reset/

I question this every time I see the Clippers give up leads, including their pre season game against Toronto. BTW, check the underlined 
eek.gif

Rivers is weirdly opposed to staggering minutes so that either Paul or Griffin is on the floor at all times. That may not be an urgent need during the regular season, since Crawford, Stephenson, and Smith are smart playmakers. But opponents destroyed the Clippers when both Griffin and Paul were on the bench last season, and in high-stakes games, they may not be able to afford any empty minutes.

Last edited:
[quote name="TBreeze"]Why is Thibs still unemployed?[/quote]Because the Lakers are making SUUUUUUURE Byron is buns.

That they're smart playmakers? You on drugs breh?

Smith and Blake are great passers, it'll be a seamless transition for Smith to get lobs to DJ. Smith can be very unselfish and he's proved he can share the basketball

Their flaws last year was that they literally had no back up big man and no creator off the bench. Smith is a big man, Lance can create.

Good thing for LAC is that they are unselfish to a fault. CP, Blake especially. Lance will like playing with them. Crawford and Rivers proved they cannot create offense, so Lance will help them in that regard

Smith had a really solid post season, he showed he can handle the ball, pass and still play defense. Lance as "the man" in Charlotte crashed and burned. Now he can go back to being a 6th man where he flourished with Indy. He can come off the bench and create, something Rivers and Crawford were asked to do but were not capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom