THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to be a big rose fan , but he turned me off with his bs and declining game . 
now im a jimmy fan. chi needs to get jimmy some real  help/ a real sidekick. .... 

People kill me with the D. Rose ****. Y'all act like he made a conscious decision to tear his knees apart.

thank you fohwtbsn

People kill me with the D. Rose ****. Y'all act like he made a conscious decision to tear his knees apart.

Last edited:
what does that have to do with getting jimmy some help. i want chi to be a great team and take out the cavs for the next however many years..... 

Last edited:
There's really nothing you can do to prevent injuries. That's obviously out of Rose's hands. Defies logic that someone like Andre Miller can have amazing durability when they don't do **** in the offseason...but you have guys like Rose (and others in different sports) who train hard, but fall victim to bad luck.

That's just the nature of sports. Can't really get on a guy for the injuries they accumulate.

There's really nothing you can do to prevent injuries. That's obviously out of Rose's hands. Defies logic that someone like Andre Miller can have amazing durability when they don't do **** in the offseason...but you have guys like Rose (and others in different sports) who train hard, but fall victim to bad luck.

That's just the nature of sports. Can't really get on a guy for the injuries they accumulate.
Andre Miller says he avoid injuries by not jumping. 

Seriously.  

Because it is THE central factor in that "declining game" you just mentioned.
yeah ish happens. they need to drop rose asap and move on to get jimmy help.... jimmy dont even respect roses work ethic.... that should speak volumes on rose.....it does for me . not a fan anymore. . 

Last edited:

Devil's advocate:

Working out in the offseason could possibly increase the risk of injury in some because of the wear and tear you put on your body. Andre Miller can preserve himself because he doesn't do any of that. 

Not saying this line of thinking is totally right or anything but Andre Miller not getting hurt after doing nothing all summer and Rose getting hurt doesn't defy logic.

Last edited:

Devil's advocate:

Working out in the offseason increases your risk of injury because of the wear and tear you put on your body. Andre Miller can preserve himself because he doesn't do any of that. 

Not saying this line of thinking is totally right or anything but Andre Miller not getting hurt after doing nothing all summer and Rose getting hurt doesn't defy logic.
kind of make senses. i think alot of people over train... besides though playing below the rim you are at a way lower risk of being injured . kinda common sense that the way rose played wasnt sustainable...... 

Last edited:

kind of make senses. i think alot of people over train... besides though playing below the rim you are at a way lower risk of being injured . kinda common sense that the way rose played wasnt sustainable...... 
Funny you mention overtraining, because there was an interesting article from ESPN that came out this summer talking about the increase in injuries and one of the culprits was potentially overtraining
 3. Too much early mileage
Smart began playing AAU basketball in third grade, and through the years he might play four AAU games per day and as many as five per day at national tournaments. And that was on top of in-season competition at school.

This was the norm for Smart and other NBA rookies, and it creates perhaps the biggest red flag that trainers and others see in young players today: a considerable amount of mileage that can lead to more injuries at an earlier age.

"The AAU is the biggest thing people around the league pinpoint as to why all these injuries are occurring," Stotts said.

It's simply a matter of wear and tear.

"I think you only have so many jumps and landings in your body before it begins to break down, and you can go down through every body part and say the same thing -- each one has a separate number," DiFrancesco said. "There's no way to go back and get those miles back, but there's ways to manage their overall workload."

Obstacles exist, DiFrancesco said, such as the age-old notion that rookies must be "broken in" once they reach the NBA.

"When I first got into the league, I got this sense that, once you get your hands on a rookie, you can just push him and push him until they drop -- literally sometimes," he said. "By design, there's many people that believe that's how you have to show them the ropes, the hard way, and just grind them to see if they're mentally tough enough to withstand what it means to be an NBA player."

NBA prospects like Tyus Jones are put through the wringer in the pre-draft process, with some players enduring as many as 14 workouts in 20 days. AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast

Another obstacle cited by players and trainers alike is the pre-draft process, during which prospects fly around the country and go through grueling workouts for NBA teams.

"They get fast food when they get off planes, then they practice on the site of the team that's requested them, then they do a huge, massive work-up -- very intense, long duration -- then they go on to the next one the next day," DiFrancesco said. "Any one of these guys will tell you it's miserable. It's one of the hardest things they do."

Bryan Doo, the Celtics' strength and conditioning coach, compared the grueling workload that many prospects face leading up to the draft to what LeBron James  endured throughout the 2015 NBA Finals, when he averaged 46 minutes a game and dictated a huge portion of the Cavs' offensive possessions.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13217004/the-four-injury-risks-today-young-nba-players-face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom