THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they've always translated issues like LO's into scenes on their shows, even when they're serious.

I really really hope they're above bringing cameras along to the hospital. Even filming their reactions to the situation is disrespectful imo, because you know they want to get made up and the scenes lit and the cameras set up so it's not spontaneous.

Also I saw some article with "Lamar Odom update: Khloe flies out to Vegas" like that's not a Lamar update, that's a Kardashian update. SVP is right in that video.

barkley 2.0

tmac 2.0

iverson 2.0

pimp.gif

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread the last few days but...I'm catching up on Forst Take right now, man SAS got me feeling real heart broken, yet appreciative right as he speaks about Odom.

Lord

Don't know why anyone bothered to listened to that interview anyway.

Doubtful he would've given more insight into the situation than what we already know.

Shameful people using this Odom  situation for publicity.
mean.gif

I hope the reports of the Kardashians popping up to hospital to visit him with cameras in tow are untrue.

That's beyond scum even for them.

Major props and respect for Kobe and how he handled this.

So I went to watch the Raptors Wolves game in Ottawa last nigh. Here are my thoughts:

• Kyle Lowry works HARD: After dropping 40 points and not playing last night's game, was at the court over and hour early and was shooting non-stop until the other players come to warm up 10 mins prior to the game. It wasn't casual shots, he was legit going through shooting drills not taking a break. Most of the time, no one else was on the court. He was the loudest bench player as well. So passionate about the game.
  • Will Rubio ever get a jump shot?: Rubio was in the same situation as Lowry (Already doing full practices and drills) however, he was shooting casual 3s for about 15 mins then left. I know it's a small sample size, but I just did not see Rubio's work ethic there, I mean he has a very evident weakness in being a historically bas jump shooter, this dude should be practicing on his shots night and day but I just did not see the focus he needs to better his jump shot.
  • Caboclo who?: I really don't see the potential in this guy, sure he's tall and young but that's about all there was to see. The guy was airballing threes last night. Doesn't drive, isn't aggressive, he was nothing more than a spot up 3pt shooter who kept air balling his attempts. I don't think he was worth a first round pick.
  • Valanciunas can't jump: I know this is not news, but dude has like a 2 inch vertical. lol that may work to his benefit for injury provision and longevity in the league a la Andre Miller.
  • Bennet's ceiling: After finally seeing Bennet up close, it's evident that he will never amount to anything more than an energy PF type of guy. Yes, he had a decent game last night, but the points came from catch and shoot 3s. His footwork is none-existent, his defence is okay, doesn't really specialize in anything. I can see him having a brandon bass type of roll off the bench at best (Unless he learns how to be a smarter player)
  • Anothny-Towns is legit: As a rookie, he showed maturity beyond his years, he was such a force at the block defensively. His offensive game is raw, but he got the passion, energy and tools to become a legitimate franchise player. Wolves have a solid foundation with Wiggins and Towns. Both have the potential to be great two way players.
  • Wiggins is a freak athlete: guy is also talented, already able to drive and spin both ways giving him more scoring options. The kid is not afraid to takeup the tough tasks such as guarding the team's best player. He WANTS that assignment and wants to be great. I can't wait to see this core grow. :smokin

Last edited:
So I went to watch the Raptors Wolves game in Ottawa last nigh. Here are my thoughts:

• Kyle Lowry works HARD: After dropping 40 points and not playing last night's game, was at the court over and hour early and was shooting non-stop until the other players come to warm up 10 mins prior to the game. It wasn't casual shots, he was legit going through shooting drills not taking a break. Most of the time, no one else was on the court. He was the loudest bench player as well. So passionate about the game.
  • Will Rubio ever get a jump shot?: Rubio was in the same situation as Lowry (Already doing full practices and drills) however, he was shooting casual 3s for about 15 mins then left. I know it's a small sample size, but I just did not see Rubio's work ethic there, I mean he has a very evident weakness in being a historically bas jump shooter, this dude should be practicing on his shots night and day but I just did not see the focus he needs to better his jump shot.
  • Caboclo who?: I really don't see the potential in this guy, sure he's tall and young but that's about all there was to see. The guy was airballing threes last night. Doesn't drive, isn't aggressive, he was nothing more than a spot up 3pt shooter who kept air balling his attempts. I don't think he was worth a first round pick.
  • Valanciunas can't jump: I know this is not news, but dude has like a 2 inch vertical. lol that may work to his benefit for injury provision and longevity in the league a la Andre Miller.
  • Bennet's ceiling: After finally seeing Bennet up close, it's evident that he will never amount to anything more than an energy PF type of guy. Yes, he had a decent game last night, but the points came from catch and shoot 3s. His footwork is none-existent, his defence is okay, doesn't really specialize in anything. I can see him having a brandon bass type of roll off the bench at best (Unless he learns how to be a smarter player)
  • Anothny-Towns is legit: As a rookie, he showed maturity beyond his years, he was such a force at the block defensively. His offensive game is raw, but he got the passion, energy and tools to become a legitimate franchise player. Wolves have a solid foundation with Wiggins and Towns. Both have the potential to be great two way players.
  • Wiggins is a freak athlete: guy is also talented, already able to drive and spin both ways giving him more scoring options. The kid is not afraid to takeup the tough tasks such as guarding the team's best player. He WANTS that assignment and wants to be great. I can't wait to see this core grow. :smokin

A lot of assumptions based off one game. Caboloco has shown the exact opposite of what you described before. That's like watching one good game from him and calling him the next T-Mac.

More often than not, a teenager that gets drafted into the Worlds premier basketball league probably has potential. Whether he maximizes it or not is up to him

Last edited:
Nice.

They didn't change the shorts though. I have the 3 main Spurs authentic shorts and for some reason, the Black ones look the most cheap in person.

The regular white and black stance socks look just as good as the NBA ones IMO :lol:

Now, when you start putting the team logos and all the colors into it :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom