THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[table][tr][th=""]STARTERS[/th][th=""]MIN[/th][th=""]FGM-A[/th][th=""]3PM-A[/th][th=""]FTM-A[/th][th=""]OREB[/th][th=""]DREB[/th][th=""]REB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TO[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""]+/-[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Hassan Whiteside, C[/td][td]26[/td][td]6-9[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]0-9[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]9[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]-3[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][/table]
How do you go 0-9 from the FT line though? That erases half of those Blocked shots.

Last edited:
How the NBA's fashion game has evolved in the 10 years since the 2005 dress code

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-th...ears-since-the-2005-dress-code-060252761.html

I REFUSE to acknowledge that Dwyane Wade dresses well. As a matter of fact, his fashion sense sucks.

That Nance dunk :x

Wizards beat the Bucks last night 105-101, without John Wall. He had better things to do.

John Wall misses Bucks game, participates in Light The Night event for Miyah

Couldn't pick a better guy to represent the city.

:pimp:

Man....D'Angelo Russell has really sucked balls this preseason.

He said T Max was GOAT. His struggle was expected since that tweet. Kobe probably gives him that MJ Kwame Brown treatment in practice. Calling him flaming you no what and such.

I know it's preseason, but I've said from the jump that this dude isn't the #2 pick. Lakers goofed. He'll figure it out though. Not nearly as bad as he's looked, but his ceiling isn't what scouts thought it would be. Boredom, scrutiny, trends and groupthink got scouts and the general media sleeping on Okafar and Mudiay. Those are the best 2 in this draft. It's been this way for a while.

Also, as I said yesterday. You simply cannot trust a dude that makes duck lips in his selfies....with the squinty eyes...and has 3 cuts in his eyebrows...tryna wild out. Especially a 19 year old in LA.

Last edited:
He'll be fine if he can make his threes. He's struggled adjusting to the line dating back to summer league.

I know it's preseason, but I've said from the jump that this dude isn't the #2 pick. Lakers goofed. He'll figure it out though. Not nearly as bad as he's looked, but his ceiling isn't what scouts thought it would be. Boredom, scrutiny, trends and groupthink got scouts and the general media sleeping on Okafar and Mudiay. Those are the best 2 in this draft. It's been this way for a while.

Also, as I said yesterday. You simply cannot trust a dude that makes duck lips in his selfies....with the squinty eyes...and has 3 cuts in his eyebrows...tryna wild out. Especially a 19 year old in LA.

I for one was shocked the Mudiay slipped that much. Especially after seeing the workout videos and highlights, I didn't really see how Russell was the consensus.
I was almost certain the Sixers would have drafted him. I think a core of Mudiay + Noel + Saric would fit much better than Oak + Noel + Saric.

Just imagine if the Sixers had Mudiay, the Kicks could have ended up with Oak. Porzingus would have probably ended up with the Kings, Denver or Hornets.

On a side note: Looking at Russell's choices of style is too reminiscent of Bynum.

I don't think Mudiay worked out for any teams outside the top four, so it makes complete sense why he fell to #7.

D'Angelo too busy trying to be a trendsetter :lol:

He'll get it eventually hopefully. Byron ain't doing him any favors either.

Last edited:
I don't think Mudiay worked out for any teams outside the top four, so it makes complete sense why he fell to #7.

After a while, it became a consensus that he was the best PG in the draft. And the "Steph Curry" and "James Harden" comparisons were running. After the year both of those guys had, all the scouts started putting more emphasis on that type of guard.

Yes, a lot of scouts and draft experts did. Or at least project he can have that type of impact.

I don't really see Russell failing in the league at all considering he already has EXCEPTIONAL court vision, has a very good shot, and physically he can become a real heavy mismatch at the PG Spot. He will struggle this year, and he will catch plenty of flack but that's to be expected especially on this site. Hell i remember people clear as day calling Wall a bust because he didn't come in & dominate from day 1.

Also Byron's offense may not be best suited for Russell, but Byron also coached, CP3 & Kyrie from young & he ain't exactly stunt these guys careers. The only comparison i see in his game to Curry is his control of the rock & a quick release, IMO he needs to add a few more pounds and pattern his game after D-Will. he has the size advantage to do it.

Another reason i think he's gonna be fine in the League is because he is playing with Kobe, say what you want about his shot attempts but i can't think of many players in the league who didn't come to the Lakers while Kobe was on the team and play the best ball of their careers (outside of ******** D12). Kobe may only be here for 1-2 years but having a guy who stresses over the details of the game that much and knows what the pressure of being the face of LA is can only help Russell in the long run. Not to mntion Russell doesn't seem like one of those dudes who's lacking confidence in his game, i think he will be a slow bloomer but when we look back at this draft he will be the best player behing Town's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom