THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Russell change his shot. He has a low release point and takes long to wind up, relatively speaking.

And like most 19 year olds, he needs to get stronger. Hopefully after a year or two of adding strength will help.

Last edited:
I also think people underestimate his athletic ability... surely he's no Westbrook & extremely explosive but the guy has a 39 inch vert and is extremely quick changing directions

The funny thing that people seem to forget is that everyone was saying Russell was the most pro ready player out of the top draft picks. That his game would translate right away to the NBA.

The only people worthy of comparisons to him were Curry, Harden and Ginobli.

Last edited:
Pretty sure most were saying Okafor (I thought otherwise) or Winslow would contribute right away.

Pretty sure most were saying Okafor (I thought otherwise) or Winslow would contribute right away.

exactly

& he does have skills that will translate immediately Passing & Shooting.. As far as the comparison btwn him & Mudiay... i'll just say i would have Been PISSED if Mudiay was the Lakers picked... He's a good but not exceptional athlete, isn't really a pure point & is a streaky shooter at best. He fits the mold of A lot of guys in the league & those guys never really seem to do too well.

Okafor will be good in the League but nothing about him says Superstar/ Franchise player, so sticking him with Randle & possibly having them hamper eachothers game wasn't very much of a productive idea to me either. If Randle wasn't here i would have had no problem picking Okafor up second.

With that said I'm perfectly fine with D, Angelo and i expect him to be an All-Star in this league. Not to mention outside of KAT i think he has the highest ceiling in this draft based off skillset.

Last edited:
The funny thing that people seem to forget is that everyone was saying Russell was the most pro ready player out of the top draft picks. That his game would translate right away to the NBA.

The only people worthy of comparisons to him were Curry, Harden and Ginobli.

I remember the last player who has the exact same description was Evan Turner who was also a #2 pick and a no brainer.

Last edited:
There's always one or two older prospects every draft that get that label and then conveniently bust. :lol: Only player in recent memory that I think lived up to that label was Oladipo.

exactly

& he does have skills that will translate immediately Passing & Shooting.. As far as the comparison btwn him & Mudiay... i'll just say i would have Been PISSED if Mudiay was the Lakers picked... He's a good but not exceptional athlete, isn't really a pure point & is a streaky shooter at best. He fits the mold of A lot of guys in the league & those guys never really seem to do too well.

Okafor will be good in the League but nothing about him says Superstar/ Franchise player, so sticking him with Randle & possibly having them hamper eachothers game wasn't very much of a productive idea to me either. If Randle wasn't here i would have had no problem picking Okafor up second.

With that said I'm perfectly fine with D, Angelo and i expect him to be an All-Star in this league. Not to mention outside of KAT i think he has the highest ceiling in this draft based off skillset.

Unless Okafor develops defensively, it's hard to see him become more than an Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez type of player. And look where their teams are right now. That being said, I do think Noel should be the Franchise cornerstone and only untouchable player in Philly. When he was on the floor, he took a team of D-leaguers to a top 8 defence! As a rookie!! that's unheard of.

That being said, I still really like Jah as a pick but I am concerned about him fitting in with Noel.

As for Russell, he will be looked at under a microscope, especially since he is a Laker. He still has the potential, but it will be up to him to get it together. I predict a painfully slow start full of turnovers but a slight improvement in the second half of the season.

I would also like to say that I saw KAT play live earlier this week and he is a beast defensively. Definitely lets guys think twice before they drive in the paint.

im gonna sit back and keep my opinions on russell to myself, my mans Wavy basically already think hes gonna be a bust....

Russell is too good to be average in the league...i think the hype has got him alot of unfair feed back. i love the kid game from High school and at Ohio State. hes a cant miss in the league. believe that.

just wait.

not even trying to take this conversation in this direction but Harden and Curry didnt light the league on fire their first 2 years either.

Last edited:
What was alarming about D'angelo was how he did when he faced pro type athletes and players in college.

When he was faced against guys who were NBA level defenders / teams, he really struggled. Granted, he was 18 however.

Said it before, D'angelo Russell is certainly a very skilled player. That much is evident. Will his athleticism (or lack thereof) stop him from showing off that skill is the question. I don't see the ability to turn the corner off the P&R, or the individual ability to break someone down off the dribble. Longwinded way of saying he's too slow. Right now. Physically he just isn't there yet. Too little and too slow to get into the thick of the defense and make plays.

I was ready to shoot on Russ for always acting like a ***** but I can't eem blame him with the stupid questions he was being asked. Can you imagine he he did an AMA on NT S&T?

"Why do you hate lamb?"

"Is CP3 a top 5 PG of all time?"

"Did you deserve the MVP over KD?"

@lawdog1  @Vincent Van Ho  HoopsHype just helped yall out and posted the numbers you were looking for yesterday:
DeMarcus Cousins vs. Anthony Davis head-to-head (11 NBA games). pic.twitter.com/8p5SFHJJzk
— HoopsHype (@hoopshype) October 18, 2015
CRnWgvWWIAAtTwN.png

::scratches head:: Errrruh....what?  Mudiay is absolutely a pure point.  His court vision and passing ability is outstanding.  Not sure what "Mudiay" you're talking about...

By the way, that was me you gave the AD / DC numbers too not vincent :lol:
I was ready to shoot on Russ for always acting like a ***** but I can't eem blame him with the stupid questions he was being asked. Can you imagine he he did an AMA on NT S&T?

"Why do you hate lamb?"

"Is CP3 a top 5 PG of all time?"

"Did you deserve the MVP over KD?"

I hear you, but if you're doing something like that on pretty much any major social media outlet, you kind of have to assume you're going to get a lot of stupid questions. I would. So if you don't want to deal with it, don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom