THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thompson saga, no Kyrie for a while, Lebbywinks getting back injections, Mosgov out of shape and K-Love sporting a weird white-guy fro. Cavs got some issues right now . . . yet they still have to be the prohibitive favorite in the East.

Dudes acting like Tristan Thompson was a second round pick, 10 day contract type of dude. He went 4th overall. They need to compromise. If he can be a Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace/Draymond Green (minus the shooting touch) contributor, throw him something. I feel like he's being undervalued.

Dudes acting like Tristan Thompson was a second round pick, 10 day contract type of dude. He went 4th overall. They need to compromise. If he can be a Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace/Draymond Green (minus the shooting touch) contributor, throw him something. I feel like he's being undervalued.
Cue the "he's a negative net player" post

Therein lies the issue. He's none of that lol.

Breh I completely missed the Rodman, Wallace and Green comparisons

It's time to get some rest big fella

ROY 
pimp.gif

Had a chance to meet and talk to Mudiay earlier this preseason too. Really great guy. 

Last edited:
Therein lies the issue. He's none of that lol.

Thing is he's worth a lot to the Cavs. Depending on how they use Love this year he may be more valuable. The essential dirty work/hustle/toughness guy that team needs down low. Plus you don't want to draw the ire of Bron for essentially being cheap.

Thing is he's worth a lot to the Cavs. Depending on how they use Love this year he may be more valuable. The essential dirty work/hustle/toughness guy that team needs down low. Plus you don't want to draw the ire of Bron for essentially being cheap.
He's not worth more to CLE than MosGAWD

They kind of had a decision to make between TT and Love

He's not worth more to CLE than MosGAWD

They kind of had a decision to make between TT and Love
Mosgov is a UFA after this season, they don't have control of him.

If they're willing to pay him 80 mil what's an extra 3 mil a year? They're well over the tax already, literally Gilbert's pockets are the only ones they're affecting. 

Thompson saga, no Kyrie for a while, Lebbywinks getting back injections, Mosgov out of shape and K-Love sporting a weird white-guy fro. Cavs got some issues right now . . . yet they still have to be the prohibitive favorite in the East.

So true.

If they ran out to say a .500 start like they did last year thru the first 40 games in the West, it's lights out. Season over. 1st round exit at best.

In the East though, that's 50 wins, a walk to the Conference finals...and a jog to the NBA finals :lol:

Last edited:
The difference is 10 MILLION DOLLARS B. 10 MILLION DOLLARS.

Big difference. 

I think the difference may be even bigger than that. I'm not cap expert, but I believe once a team gets into luxury tax territory, the penalties get steeper the higher over the cap the team is. The Cavs are already in the tax even without TT's deal. So that extra 10 million could cost the team more than just 10 million.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mosgov is a UFA after this season, they don't have control of him.

If they're willing to pay him 80 mil what's an extra 3 mil a year? They're well over the tax already, literally Gilbert's pockets are the only ones they're affecting. 
They can offer him a large contract (not sure what the cap will look like). Are you operating under the assumption MosGawd is gone after this year?

So true.

If they ran out to say a .500 start like they did last year thru the first 40 games in the West, it's lights out. Season over. 1st round exit at best.

In the East though, that's 50 wins, a walk to the Conference finals...and a jog to the NBA finals :lol:

The East will be stronger too, this upcoming season. Cav's ain't gone cake walk.

I think the difference may be even bigger than that. I'm not cap expert, but I believe once a team gets into luxury tax territory, the penalties get steeper the higher over the cap the team is. The Cavs are already in the tax even without TT's deal. So that extra 10 million could cost the team more than just 10 million.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes it would, but it wouldn't affect the regular cap more than the extra 3 mil. Dan Gilbert would have to fork over the tax penalties. If you have a championship group together you don't let a few million dollars when you're worth billions stand in the way. 

Yes it would, but it wouldn't affect the regular cap more than the extra 3 mil. Dan Gilbert would have to fork over the tax penalties. If you have a championship group together you don't let a few million dollars when you're worth billions stand in the way. 

I guess, but really don't see Tristan Thompson as the difference between them winning or losing the championship. You never know though . . .

Whoich Would you guys rather have TT and the contract he wants, or Kanter for the contract OKC gave him? Both are said to be insanely stupid

They did Henson dirty. I would not have even went in the store. Soon as they locked the door, and you saw employees walk towards the back, you knew what that meant. Jerks, I would not spend any money with them or their affiliates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom