THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MVBeard #Soon 
rejoice.png

Props to T-Mac.

I'd love to see some top talent in the HBCU's. Th $$ that would come with that would help the schools tremendously. Imagine the TV deals, sponsors etc.

A MEAC Neetwork would be :pimp:

Props to tmac. I never understood why someone with power hasn't tried to orchestrate a move to push top prospects to HBCUs. It's set up perfectly to do so. If the top 100 HS prospects were to team at HBCUs were they would all be playing with and against each other...it would turn college basketball upside down and piss a lot of people off. Nike, Adidas, and UA still come up...and these kids would still be coveted NBA prospects.

Nobody would be watching Kentucky, duke, UNC, as much as they would Howard, Hampton, Morgan St, etc. those teams would be loaded with 5 and 4 star talent all playing in the same conference with each other.

Last edited:
I didnt pay for it. Shrugs.

Props to TMac but HBCUs.... Nah. I would never recommend someone go to one and I went to one. The epitome of ripoffs.

If this is purely from a funneling athletics into them standpoint then thats another story.

Last edited:

Props to TMac but HBCUs.... Nah. I would never recommend someone go to one and I went to one. The epitome of ripoffs.

If this is purely from a funneling athletics into them standpoint then thats another story.

HBCUs are no more of a ripoff than PWIs. Your degree can be worthless everywhere and you'll be stuck paying for it.

Last edited:

He US are no more of a ripoff than PWIs. Your degree can be worthless everywhere and you'll be stuck paying for it.
I disagree. The workforce recruiting efforts at HBCUs always pale in comparison to other schools that I visited, and to  me the sole purpose of college was to get out and use it as a launchpad for my career. They do a poor job of that (albeit not 100% their faults) so until that changes, then my opinion of them likely wont, and they're equally as expensive as your mid-high tier school. Its ridiculous.

Man please sounds like you're Antiing again. College overall is a scam, HBCUs and PWIs included it's all about who you know and networking while you're at your institution. You have to make those connections regardless of where it is. I know far more PPL in my circle that have struggled finding work in their degree field from UF (PWI) than from FAMU (HBCU). And they don't have near the resources or prestige in certain areas.

I just hope all of the good teams can be healthy going into the playoffs for once and withstand injuries in the playoffs. Every single year, a few teams catch the injury bug and basically ruins their shot at seriously competing for a title. But, that's too much to ask for. If it happens every year, I expect it to happen this year too.
2nd that. For all team to be healthy would give us a great post season to watch. 

If you say so man. Along with the experiences I've had attending one, knowing others who've attended, and stats on it, I've been a part of diversity recruiting for the two firms that I worked for. Outside of Spelhouse and Howard which aren't seeing a large amount of attention to begin with its always weak.

I would do whatever I could to help someone who attends one but until I've seen tangible change in how that works, then I would never recommend attending one.

Last edited:
If you say so man. Along with the experiences I've had attending one, knowing others who've attended, and stats on it, I've been a part of diversity recruiting for the two firms that I worked for. Outside of Spelhouse and Howard which aren't seeing a large amount of attention to begin with its always weak.

I would do whatever I could to help someone who attends one but until I've seen tangible change in how that works, then I would never recommend attending one.

Spellhouse?

Who's mans is this?

Props to T-Mac.

I'd love to see some top talent in the HBCU's. Th $$ that would come with that would help the schools tremendously. Imagine the TV deals, sponsors etc.

A MEAC Neetwork would be :pimp:

i swear to you if they moved the CIAA or Meac to the west coast...they would easily be the 2nd best conference over there besides the Pac.

Spelhouse is what people refer to Spelman and Morehouse by. It's really a thing the homecoming is billed as Spelhouse homecoming

That's what's up T-Mac! I would like to see more top players attend HBCUs, especially Hampton U. If you're one and done, then you can afford to play one year in the smaller leagues. Game is game. You work on it where you're at. With all the technology we have these days, the world is flat.

Where's the dude with the court side Pistons tickets?

Gonna let me grab em for a game ??

Started reading Lowe's League Pass Rankings:

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist’s injury cost Charlotte at least three spots.

I mean, WAR violation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom