The 25 worst Rappers of all Time

n's act like staying on beat ISN'T an ESSENTIAL part of rapping
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this new generation is weird young...

go easy on lil b, he gives these kids who try too hard to fit in some purpose in life. i wouldnt have included project pat, yayo, or g. dep on that list.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by il prescelto

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I've listened to every song that you guys post to say he "can make good music if he wants to"
he can't stay on beat on those songs...
I'm not a rapper and I can stay on beat, I mean what are you settling for?
I'm arguing that there's more to being an artist than "staying on beat".
Different people have different tastes, maybe some people favor interesting/creative subject matter over "staying on beat". You can't say he's a bad artist simply because he doesn't do perform well on what YOU think is the only metric we should judge an artist by (how well he "stays on beat").
I mean, he doesn't even consider himself a rapper, so he arguably he shouldn't even be included in the list, because technically he's not a "rapper".
and I'm arguing that if you take 20 seconds to check on youtube or pandora you'll find better artists with better subject matter

theres no excuse for lil B
Actually, no, that's not what you were arguing. Go ahead and re-read your previous posts; you never made the point that Lil B is bad because of his subject matter. All you were arguing was that he was not a good rapper from a technical standpoint. I'd be willing to take the time to address your (new) claim that there's artists out there with better subject matter than Lil B, but it's hard to compare Lil B to a hypothetical artist on Pandora whose name I don't know. In other words, "take 20 seconds to check youtube or pandora you'll find better artists with better subject matter" doesn't really prove your point.

The argument stems from a disagreement about what it means to be a "worst rapper", so I ask you: What is your definition of a "worst rapper of all time"? What makes someone a "bad rapper"?

Inability to stay on beat, poor delivery, poor live performance, the fact that 7 out of 10 songs are doo doo

Originally Posted by solarius49

Inability to stay on beat, poor delivery, poor live performance, the fact that 7 out of 10 songs are doo doo
I've never seen him perform, but I should max my post count re-quoting this, cause that truly sums up Lil' B and his music. Along with abutta's quote
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Okay, so persona, subject-matter, personality, creativity, honesty, or humor can't contribute to how "good" an artist is?

I guess we just disagree about what makes someone a "good" rapper/artist. That's fine, your opinion is just as valid as mine.
happy.gif

Either way, I guess I don't even care that much if he gets labeled as one of the "worst rappers". What irks me though is the people who say that and then try to diminish his value as an artist. Lil B makes enjoyable music, his fan-base attests to that. I don't care if he's not "skilled", I enjoy his music, so I'll listen to it. Plus....I like the sound of his voice 
laugh.gif
. Seriously, I'd rather listen to Lil B than Jay-Z just cuz Jay-Z's voice sounds so stupid and corny to me.

Okay, so persona, subject-matter, personality, creativity, honesty, or humor can't contribute to how "good" an artist is?

I guess we just disagree about what makes someone a "good" rapper/artist. That's fine, your opinion is just as valid as mine.
happy.gif

Either way, I guess I don't even care that much if he gets labeled as one of the "worst rappers". What irks me though is the people who say that and then try to diminish his value as an artist. Lil B makes enjoyable music, his fan-base attests to that. I don't care if he's not "skilled", I enjoy his music, so I'll listen to it. Plus....I like the sound of his voice 
laugh.gif
. Seriously, I'd rather listen to Lil B than Jay-Z just cuz Jay-Z's voice sounds so stupid and corny to me.
But all those artists named have fan bases, thats why they were worth mentioning.  If it was some basic corner rapper weed carrying for some other rappers weed carrier, then they wouldnt have been mentioned.  People said E-40 should have been on there, but he has a huge fan base, Pat is on there, and he has a HUGE fan base.  Point is, if you like him, thats cool, but based on the criteria to define a "good rapper" he doesnt meet many of them.  I mean its all good, i aint hatin though, my Itunes is still filled with Dipset lol
Edit: Jay-z's voice sounds corny to you?  I know you havent been listening to Lil B since 96, so what HAVE you been listening to?

Everyone that cosigned what I said linked bad songs. I used to think he was bad and that he wasn't serious. Then I heard D.O.R and Secrets Pt.1 and they changed my mind. I'm Gay was a DOPE +*+ album if  you can look past the title.

happy.gif

laugh.gif
But all those artists named have fan bases, thats why they were worth mentioning.  If it was some basic corner rapper weed carrying for some other rappers weed carrier, then they wouldnt have been mentioned.  People said E-40 should have been on there, but he has a huge fan base, Pat is on there, and he has a HUGE fan base.  Point is, if you like him, thats cool, but based on the criteria to define a "good rapper" he doesnt meet many of them.  I mean its all good, i aint hatin though, my Itunes is still filled with Dipset lol
Edit: Jay-z's voice sounds corny to you?  I know you havent been listening to Lil B since 96, so what HAVE you been listening to?
I agree, based on your criteria all those artists are "bad rappers". different criteria of "good rappers" will lead to different conclusions, and that's perfectly fine.
All I'm really saying is that unskilled rappers aren't necessarily bad artists. there's always comments in threads (including this one) where people imply (usually by making fun of their fans) that "unskilled" artists like gucci, lil b, waka flocka, riff raff, etc. are somehow inferior to "skilled artists" like jay, nas, etc. That's really all I have an issue with.

yea, it sounds corny lol, idk why, just does. maybe because it's kind of high-pitched.
laugh.gif

are you really implying jay z and lil b are the only two artists out there? lol, plus that's just in one genre, i listen to classical, jazz, electronic, etc.
you'd probably think the artists i listen to are all trash anyways, i think production is the most important thing on a track, so that excludes "good" artists like nas and others with boring production.

happy.gif

laugh.gif
I agree, based on your criteria all those artists are "bad rappers". different criteria of "good rappers" will lead to different conclusions, and that's perfectly fine.
All I'm really saying is that unskilled rappers aren't necessarily bad artists. there's always comments in threads (including this one) where people imply (usually by making fun of their fans) that "unskilled" artists like gucci, lil b, waka flocka, riff raff, etc. are somehow inferior to "skilled artists" like jay, nas, etc. That's really all I have an issue with.

yea, it sounds corny lol, idk why, just does. maybe because it's kind of high-pitched.
laugh.gif

are you really implying jay z and lil b are the only two artists out there? lol, plus that's just in one genre, i listen to classical, jazz, electronic, etc.
you'd probably think the artists i listen to are all trash anyways, i think production is the most important thing on a track, so that excludes "good" artists like nas and others with boring production.

well can we agree that an unskilled basketball player/poet/painter/writer/sculptor is inferior to someone in that same line of work with those same skills?  Antoine Walker was talented as hell, be he is garbage compared to somebody like Dirk, or Lamarcus Aldridge because he is way less skilled, skills can be learned, and the less skilled artists obviously arent working as hard to learn those skills.  And if all you are interested in is producation, why are we even talking about a rapper? i would expect you to be listening to instrumentals

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Pretty much. I'll give Lil' B credit on one thing, he can pick some fantastic beats, and whoever
does his beats, he needs to refer them to Nas, Canibus, and other rappers who have problems getting consistently
good beats.

You can't compare a sport or a science to an art. If you could then Lupe's one album fluke %*+ would be on top of everyone's top MC list and Tupac would be lucky to crack top 50 but that's not the case. I have no problems with Lil B on this list. Still one of my favorite artists of all time
pimp.gif

Lupe is on top of alot of peoples lists, so im not sure i understand the correlation? and i def listed several arts, painting, writing, sculpting ect...soooo....?

laugh.gif

well can we agree that an unskilled basketball player/poet/painter/writer/sculptor is inferior to someone in that same line of work with those same skills?  Antoine Walker was talented as hell, be he is garbage compared to somebody like Dirk, or Lamarcus Aldridge because he is way less skilled, skills can be learned, and the less skilled artists obviously arent working as hard to learn those skills.  And if all you are interested in is producation, why are we even talking about a rapper? i would expect you to be listening to instrumentals

no, i'm sorry but we can't agree on that. kafka, for example, is an absolutely terrible writer, but he's a really famous writer and is highly regarded by many. why? because what he has to say is interesting, regardless of the fact that he writes like $%^$. similarly, plenty of famous painters are often criticized for having bad or improper technique, but their work is still appreciated.
the analogy to sports works less well imo because, like someone mentioned, it's not really an art, there's less creativity and personal touch involved. basketball is about scoring and winning, not expressing your unique self and sending a message to an audience.

and yea, i do listen to instrumentals too!
happy.gif
but i never said i only care about instrumentals, i said instrumentals matter more than anything else, like maybe the beat is 60% and the rapper is 40%

and to whoever posted D.O.R....
pimp.gif

Lupe is on top of alot of peoples lists, so im not sure i understand the correlation? and i def listed several arts, painting, writing, sculpting ect...soooo....?

Yeah sure he is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And is this skilled to you?
tumblr_lx77emFaao1qc5gwto1_500.jpg

We should make a NT top 25 worst rappers list, with a criteria on what makes a bad rapper (no hate included so don't say #1 is drake when there are clearly worst rappers than drake)

Back
Top Bottom