The 30 Most influential Niketalk members of all time by Complex Magazine

That history of NT book doesn't sound like such a bad idea now does it? Every time one of these threads brings out the nostalgia and takes a trip down memory lane......there are so many old members who could contribute and provide insight for current and future members. Educate them on how things used to be, provide stories/memories, etc. I bet some new members are genuinely interested/curious how NT used to be 10 years ago.

People posting their actual picture on here was taboo almost. You have to think about it.....this was before social media took off where posting your picture became the norm, this was also before digital cameras/camera phones became common place.

When I first signed up for NT originally I think my CPU had a 20 GB hard drive and an Erols internet connection. My phone almost has more memory than that now.

That's actually super dope. Premo should have been on it though. Even if it was Number 30.

View media item 118802

Back when trolling wasn't even a term. NT only banned folks for "Flame Wars" or "Flaming."

Easy with all the Complex disdain. Impossible to please 40,000+ people, appreciate the time and effort it took regardless of the outcome.

That's actually super dope. Premo should have been on it though. Even if it was Number 30.
Premo55 from the music forum?  Dude was a trip.  

I just remember him forever going in on NTers who didn't know about [insert abstract band name here].  Like yo, that was well before the days of easy access to music on the internets and dude would flip out when nobody was up on the **** he was.  
laugh.gif

Didn't he go out posting a bunch of pr0n?  I think I remember something like that happening.  

You guys keep saying that Complex has no say in any of this but what you guys don't understand is that i've been around Niketalk for almost 10 years now. A lot of work went into the creation of this list and so that the list didn't come across as bias, I got 6 different opinions from members who have been just as active on this forum. At the end of the day I took on this role because of my love not only for sneakers but also for this website, like I said I probably wouldn't know what I know today without the help of this forum. The hate was expected this is NT after all BUT a lot of you are reaching with some of the outlandish things your saying.  Peace
The list is fine, you have a lot of wannabes on this site who have an extremely inflated sense of self worth. Just because someone makes people laugh over an extended period of time in General doesn't mean they should be deemed "influential".

Last edited:

I just remember him forever going in on NTers who didn't know about [insert abstract band name here].  Like yo, that was well before the days of easy access to music on the internets and dude would flip out when nobody was up on the **** he was.  :lol:    

Didn't he go out posting a bunch of pr0n?  I think I remember something like that happening.  

Premo was a permanent fixture in the music forum. He went out with an epic rant/tirade like he just had a bunch of pent of frustration. Definitely seemed out of character to go out like that.

RockDeep is still on NT. Just have to know where to look, creatures of habit. NikeDealer is the new name, still post in the DMV/threads about foams/flights.

I just remember him forever going in on NTers who didn't know about [insert abstract band name here].  Like yo, that was well before the days of easy access to music on the internets and dude would flip out when nobody was up on the **** he was.  
laugh.gif

Premo55 was a good dude and intimidated a lot of members with his vast knowledge of Hip-Hop. I remember when he started crossing genres and really appreciating other types of music. I enjoyed building with him, Spreewellbeast and BFO. Once members found out Premo was Asian an onslaught of racial attacks ensued. I guess it finally got to him and he just decided to say **** it and he went out in blaze of glory.

I thought Premo was still on just under a different name though.

I tend to think the majority of banned folks or fallen members have rejoined this site or still lurk the shadows. Some aren't as obvious as others.

Some folks just had classic names or iconic avys.

For example: When I think of Mez One, I think of Ghostface/Pretty Tone/Supreme Clientele.

also would have liked to see dj bana , she was ina  sense the "first lady" of nt for a while , contributed on many levels of this forum

No. The "first lady" of NT is on that list. And that's no shot to Bana, she's super cool.

laugh.gif

Premo55 was a good dude and intimidated a lot of members with his vast knowledge of Hip-Hop. I remember when he started crossing genres and really appreciating other types of music. I enjoyed building with him, Spreewellbeast and BFO. Once members found out Premo was Asian an onslaught of racial attacks ensued. I guess it finally got to him and he just decided to say **** it and he went out in blaze of glory.
Yeah, dude was cool as far as I'm concerned.  I just remember his infamous exit b/c it was pretty out of character and unexpected.  And yeah, I think I remember him getting clowned b/c he was Asian.  Guess some things on the internets never change.  
mean.gif

I just remember him forever going in on NTers who didn't know about [insert abstract band name here].  Like yo, that was well before the days of easy access to music on the internets and dude would flip out when nobody was up on the **** he was.  :lol:    

Premo was a permanent fixture in the music forum. He went out with an epic rant/tirade like he just had a bunch of pent of frustration. Definitely seemed out of character to go out like that.

Nin's a good guy. He helped me immensely with a high school project back in the day.

Last edited:
If Complex made a list of the most influential members of the NT General Forum, I'd be on that list...
...if it was the Top 1000.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom