The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Are they any more comfortable than regular ultra boosts bro?
Comparing Oranges to Apples.
They are fruits but different taste altogether.

No, not at all. Foam technology will be more comfortable than 4D Resin technology even after breaking in. Honestly speaking, you’re also wearing the 4D for the Wow factor. Still a unique special shoe for Collection.

yeah for those that are curious about comfort of boost vs 4D, boost will always come out on top.

4D midsole is a whole lot firmer and heavier, but still comfy and only gets better as they break in whereas boost already has that plush soft feel out of the box

No, not at all. Foam technology will be more comfortable than 4D Resin technology even after breaking in. Honestly speaking, you’re also wearing the 4D for the Wow factor. Still a unique special shoe for Collection.

I don't find Boost comfortable, its too soft and doesn't have support. People seem to relate comfort to softness of a midsole. But it needs to be soft yet response and have good energy return, otherwise you get foot fatigue.

Can you speak to the differences in this new less expensive 4D and say a consortium pair before the lowered the price? I’ve owned the onyx and the black futurecraft pairs, but haven’t hit on any new 4Ds yet since the price drop.

Got my Ultra 4D in from the ADC raffle. They fit TTS, IMO, and a little looser than the OG UB 1.0. The quality of the 4D doesn’t seem as nice as that on the Futurecrafts, and the outsole is disappointing. With that said, I’ll probably keep them just because the combination of OG purple upper with a 4D midsole would have been peak Adidas in like 2016-2017, and I remember attending the Futurecraft launch event and being disappointed to have not been able to get a pair of those.

Can you speak to the differences in this new less expensive 4D and say a consortium pair before the lowered the price? I’ve owned the onyx and the black futurecraft pairs, but haven’t hit on any new 4Ds yet since the price drop.

The only other 4D model have left is the Adidas ZX4000 4D Carbon. But I think the shoe shares the same newer thinner softer tech as the Ultra 4D. Couple vids do comparison and you can see differences from original og to second to now third variation.

DEE20DB2-2144-4F3E-BC16-0BB8664DF850.jpeg

Minute mark 2:49.
Compare second to third variation.

Original og to second variation.

Attachments

• 067CA9D3-AA0E-45C2-9015-C9EAFE03D870.jpeg
    067CA9D3-AA0E-45C2-9015-C9EAFE03D870.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 171
The only other 4D model have left is the Adidas ZX4000 4D Carbon. But I think the shoe shares the same newer thinner softer tech as the Ultra 4D. Couple vids do comparison and you can see differences from original og to second to now third variation.

The ZX and Alphaboune 4D midsoles are probably the worst of the lot, they're very firm and none responsive, feels very much like your standard EVA midsole. ULTRA 4D does have a nicer midsole than these, more responsive but still nowhere near as good as the Consortium runners.

DEE20DB2-2144-4F3E-BC16-0BB8664DF850.jpeg

Minute mark 2:49.
Compare second to third variation.

Original og to second variation.

I appreciate all the info! I had no idea the newer ZX models were different. I just assumed they continued using the same exact midsole tooling all throughout since they were still that shade of green.

So your OG UB 1.0's are 0.5 up, while the 4D are TTS?

Yes my 2015 OG Ultraboost are a size 11 (1/2 up).

For whatever reason I opted to go with a 10.5 (TTS) for the 2018 retro of the OG Ultraboost.

The Ultra4D at a 10.5 (TTS) fit more like my 2015 Ultraboost (1/2 up) without the added length.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: The 2018 retro (TTS) works but it fits snug, I have no idea why I opted to go TTS with the reto :lol:

It's a nice shoe, but I think it'll be under retail somewhere down the line. Look at the OG 4D. Pretty much near retail on the secondary platform

Back
Top Bottom