The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

Msn I really want these, but $250 retail...!?

Same way I feel. As much as I want these, I'm definitely going to take my chances on being able to get them for under $200 with the safety net of knowing that these probably won't be a hot resale pick (i.e. We'll most likely be able to get them for just about retail later.)

Same way I feel. As much as I want these, I'm definitely going to take my chances on being able to get them for under $200 with the safety net of knowing that these probably won't be a hot resale pick (i.e. We'll most likely be able to get them for just about retail later.)
Yeah I guess it'll be a roll of the dice. With these, and then the space jams coming out near Christmas I'll be pretty much done. Probably cross my fingers for the 17's and call it a career...

Hoping these turn out like the copper 17s, and I'm able to cop for like 200$; even that is really steep, but it's certainly better than 250$ plus tax u_u

Can't wait, I just hope they do them right and don't throw us in the waiting-for-a-PROPER-jordan-XVI-retro loop like we've been getting duped into with the other models. Just release them right with enough quantities where when they hit discount prices there's definitely a pair left over for me to purchase. Official first day of spring 2017 sneakers

Gotta cop these. I remember I bought the OG pair from Mez0ne sp? from NT when these dropped like 12 years ago

^I love XV and XVI threads. You
get to find out who's who. If you catch a guy rattling off about how sorry the XV is, and how no one had those when they came out, and how more people were focused on retros back in the year 2000, you know you got a noob. A new-booty faking like they were really apart if the culture during that era.

It's REEEEEEEAAAL hard to imagine someone being of age and into Air Jordan sneakers in 2001 not having fond memories of this shoe.

Take my word, in the year 2001, retros were not yet dominant. If you were on your retro game at this time, you weren't the leader of the pack, but you were still far ahead of most.
16s, yes, 15s, not so much.

A few colorways werent bad, but it just didnt appeal to me like the 11, 12, 13 did. I did fall in love with the white/red lowtop and wished i had bought the white/red team colors that eastbay made available, SMDH.

Retro took off very slow...'94 was a joke, most had zero interest in '88 Jordans. I had the cement IIIs in '94, me and one other guy in 6th grade. We caught all the "daddy shoe" jokes.. Retro took a 5 year hiatus. In '99-'00 IVs dropped and slowly got out the gates at $100. Fall '00, Concord XIs dropped at $125, moved a little better. I copped mine 3 weeks after release at Hibbett's. Retro didn't get moving until 2001 IMO with the Vs, VIs, XIs, XI Lows and True Blue IIIs. Seems like new sigs were lukewarm hit or miss after the XIIIs. New sig fashion was disappearing while the prices were getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Need 
smokin.gif

but not for $250 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom