THE AMERICANS on FX -- Season 2 Finale: "Echo" ... Tonight at 10/9c

Man this ep made me feel for this guy I thought was just a lame. He getting yambs, has some real character and respectability to him. Had to die imo just for seeing Liz but the way he went out felt like a wimper. Thought he was doing some good though.

Overall ep was really good, another exceptional balance witht he fmaily and spy stuff.

The way dude dies while eating :lol: Phil getting it in :rofl:

Stan with the lemme get you a cola and bam. :wow:

Martha was comedy. And the balance of spy/family dynamic is just right. Cant wait for next week.

Martha had me dying. "Shoot it into me Clark!"
roll.gif
I rewound it a couple of times to just to hear that, too funny. 1st time I heard it I was "wtf?" haha

Martha had me dying. "Shoot it into me Clark!" :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This...kinda felt like a Homeland move more than The Americans.
It was just...jarring how they jumped the storyline, but they made it work.

Beeman, man. :smh: Not at all turning out like I expected the FBI next door to.

And :smh: at FX for cutting the ending off. :lol: Good look on the link.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Thought he said, you want a drink? Yea...I think there is a colt (beer) in here, bang

I watch with CC on. Too many details to miss without it.

He actually said "think I got a cold beer". My hearing is second to none

My hearing is fine too, confirmed it with CC on. It's cola.

Nah bruh the closed captions guy done goofed. I would bet a half eaten egg and lettuce sandwich that he said "cold beer"

Thought he said, you want a drink? Yea...I think there is a colt (beer) in here, bang

I watch with CC on. Too many details to miss without it.

He actually said "think I got a cold beer". My hearing is second to none

My hearing is fine too, confirmed it with CC on. It's cola.

Nah bruh the closed captions guy done goofed. I would bet a half eaten egg and lettuce sandwich that he said "cold beer"

we are debating such a trivial detail but the line really is ".....cola here." :lol:

If you want you can stick with "cold beer" and I'll stick with "cola here" and we can both be happy. No matter what Vlad still gets shot without ever taking a sip of either. :D

Watched it on DVR yesterday...had to finish it on Hulu :smh:

I love reading the recaps on Grantland. More specifically for some of the user comments. There are always interesting POVs. Here's one I found regarding the contrast between the two men being held "hostage."

I kept thinking that the vibe I was getting from Stan as the show played out was wrong, but it wasn't. I was still shocked, perhaps more by the circumstances of what he did. Amador KNEW he was going to die and didn't beg, plead, etc. Vlad didn't know it; he cried and pleaded (maybe fake?) but the juxtaposition was a significant element I think. Stan was pushed, perhaps by the display of weakness or cowardice he knew Amador wouldn't express, but then he couldn't tell the guy he was going kill him. He flirted (with food & friendliness much like Elizabeth with sex) to get the agent to confess he really was KGB, "I just wanted to hear you say it." But then he went behind his back, acting out a lie. Perhaps he couldn't face what he was doing, but he was compelled. That is the thing I keep thinking about.

cue the Alonzo.gif

Makes sense...

anyways, here's the recap link:

Safe House Recap

Last edited:
Watched it on DVR yesterday...had to finish it on Hulu :smh:

I love reading the recaps on Grantland. More specifically for some of the user comments. There are always interesting POVs. Here's one I found regarding the contrast between the two men being held "hostage."

I kept thinking that the vibe I was getting from Stan as the show played out was wrong, but it wasn't. I was still shocked, perhaps more by the circumstances of what he did. Amador KNEW he was going to die and didn't beg, plead, etc. Vlad didn't know it; he cried and pleaded (maybe fake?) but the juxtaposition was a significant element I think. Stan was pushed, perhaps by the display of weakness or cowardice he knew Amador wouldn't express, but then he couldn't tell the guy he was going kill him. He flirted (with food & friendliness much like Elizabeth with sex) to get the agent to confess he really was KGB, "I just wanted to hear you say it." But then he went behind his back, acting out a lie. Perhaps he couldn't face what he was doing, but he was compelled. That is the thing I keep thinking about.

cue the Alonzo.gif

Makes sense...

Safe House Recap

Yeah the Grantland recaps are always a must read for me, really thorough :smokin

Watched it on DVR yesterday...had to finish it on Hulu
mean.gif

cue the Alonzo.gif

Makes sense...

Safe House Recap
If you like recaps and member discussions, check out The AV Club

http://www.avclub.com/articles/safe-house,93864/

500 comments for this week's episodes. And the more popular shows get weekly discussions hitting 1000+ regularly

Back
Top Bottom