The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (Wed 10pm)

The acting and cinematography of this show is amazing but jumping back and forth between different dates has my head going in circles. Show has been on point though.

The accuracy of this documentary and the OJ one is amazing. Something as small as the magazine stand having the cover of Tyson biting Holyfield's ear in this episode. Fits right in with the time frame of this documentary. From vehicles etc., wonder what the budget is to get some of this 90's stuff on the set?

Edit -- they even got the 90's WalMart shopping bag in this joint.

Was saying the same thing with my brother yesterday. The props on this are amazing. The little things add to the aesthetic like crazy. I was like, damn even the walmart is 90'd out.

Did he really have aids?!?!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/01/versace-gianni-aids-hiv-american-crime-story

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: Did Versace Really Have AIDS?
The Italian designer is treated for the H.I.V. virus in the second episode of American Crime Story—but was he diagnosed in real life?
by
January 24, 2018 10:45 pm
By Tony Palmieri/Penske Media/REX/Shutterstock.
The Versace family has long denied that Gianni, the original visionary behind the Italian fashion house, was HIV positive when he was murdered in 1997. So it seems like a bold choice for American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace to open its second episode, “Manhunt,” with a scene in which Gianni is treated for the virus—especially given that there have been no major developments about his supposed status since Vanity Fair contributor Maureen Orth first reported Gianni had HIV, citing lead Miami Beach detective Paul Scrimshaw, who had seen Gianni’s autopsy results, as her source. So why did the series tackle such a prickly subject so directly?

“We weren’t approaching it as a piece of salacious gossip, nor was Maureen Orth, in all honesty,” explains American Crime Story writer Tom Rob Smith, who says that he also spoke with sources off-the-record who claim Versace had HIV.

“She has no agenda or reason to push any point of view,” he continues. “She was interested in unpicking some of the myths around the murder, such as that Andrew had AIDS and was killing because of it. In fact, Andrew, this destroyer of life, did not have AIDS, and the person who did have HIV was this great creator and celebrator of life.”

Excellent episodes so far. I think I'll enjoy this even more than the OJ season.
With the OJ case I already knew many of the details due to how infamous the trial was, even across the pond. I'm not sure how big the Versace murder was in the US but I really don't know anything about that case. Makes it extra fascinating for me.

the clothes, the scenery, the colors, just remembering that very specific style during that period in the in the 90's
is enough to keep me hooked

Was this Andrew cat really out here like that killing old gay dudes?

Damn this really is some Gay American Psycho **** going on.

This dude Andrew is getting depicted as a serious real deal serial killer. This is psychopathy.

Something is broken in dude. The gaslighting he does on David to convince him he may be the suspect, to not call the cops, etc. :smh: Too much.

Last edited:
This dude Andrew is getting depicted as a serious real deal serial killer. This is psychopathy.

Something is broken in dude. The fighting he does on David to convince him he may be the suspect, to not call the cops, etc. G{ Too much.

For real. And the actor that’s playing him is phenomenal.

Darren is definitely getting nominated

Breakout performance for sure -- he looks like the real Andrew too

Show just keeps on getting better. This episode was masterful, had me glued to my seat the whole time.
Wouldn't have expected this kind of phenomenal acting from someone whose previous experience was on Glee of all things.

Honestly I would rather them not do Katrina. I feel like most of it would just be made up and with a bunch of characters that we don’t even know who they are. What’s made this Versace show and the OJ one great is that we know a lot of the big characters involved.

Honestly I would rather them not do Katrina. I feel like most of it would just be made up and with a bunch of characters that we don’t even know who they are. What’s made this Versace show and the OJ one great is that we know a lot of the big characters involved.
Thats a good point and i kind of agree with you, i didnt even think about that.

edit: looked at up and looks like it is based off real people :lol:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...y-katrina-gets-new-book-cast-overhaul-1028311

I honestly did not expect this kind of thrilling, scary basically damn horror, compelling drama, and this kind of action from this season.

Its been a well received surprise.

I honestly did not expect this kind of thrilling, scary basically damn horror, compelling drama, and this kind of action from this season.

Its been a well received surprise.
i agree, have been loving this season. So far i think i like it better than oj so far, i knew much less about the versci murder.

Back
Top Bottom