^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by ss3walkman

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Iron Patriot 
eek.gif

Can we get at least a mention of Spiderman in Iron Man 3 somehow?  Osborn?  

Can't. They don't own the rights to X-MEN or Spider-man. Fox does

Well... 
http://www.craveonline.com/film/art...cers-tease-venom-storyline-avengers-crossover

Originally Posted by MrONegative

http://www.superheroauthority.com/2012/06/marvel-and-disney-rumored-to-be.html
Marvel and Disney Rumored to Release The Avengers: Director's Cut in Theaters to Land No. 1 All-Time Spot

Monday, June 11, 2012 at 6:00 AM
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Marvel[/td][/tr][/table]By Daniel Wolf
Editor-in-Chief

The Avengers is sitting comfortably at No. 3 overall on both the domestic and International ticket sale charts but it seems both Marvel and Disney desire the No. 1 overall spot and a current rumor says they are contemplating releasing The Avengers: Director's Cut in theaters at the end of this summer.

You might be thinking this is a ridiculous move but when you consider the fact there could be over 35 minutes of new and unseen footage in the director's cut, you might actually consider seeing it again in the theater. Before the current theatrical version was released, director Joss Whedon's previous edit of the film was at just about, or just over, three hours in length.

This journalist thinks that amount of additional time is more than enough to make the re-investment worthwhile.

In the end, this move could legitimately push The Avengers to the top of both the domestic and International charts and the world's largest entertainment company will own the top grossing movie ever.
of all the greedy $%** that could work on me, that's one of them.

i guess i could watch it 1 more time
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

Hasbro #$%#$! up. I wanted the 6" Mark 7 figure. Not no damn battle damaged Mark 6. 
30t6p3b.gif
Breh, the only figure worth getting are the Hot Toys 1/6th scale dolls. They are
eek.gif

Word around the web is it's not the Iron Patriot, but J.Rhodes new government issued WM costume. The white guy under the suit is obviously just a stand in.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Iron Patriot 
eek.gif

Can we get at least a mention of Spiderman in Iron Man 3 somehow?  Osborn?  

Can't. They don't own the rights to X-MEN or Spider-man. Fox does

Well... 
http://www.craveonline.com/film/art...cers-tease-venom-storyline-avengers-crossover
Fox owns the rights to X-Men. Sony owns Spider-Man.
Regarding the Venom/Spider-Man tie-in to the Avengers...I like it. What would have been cool is that in ASM, when he's looking at New York's skyline, Stark Tower is being built...But I highly doubt that. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Secret Agent Venom...But I believe everyone wants the original version.

If The Avengers release a director's cut in the theaters. I'm there.
pimp.gif

They're doing OG Eddie Brock Venom. It'd be too much of a cheat to skip ahead to Flash.

I finally saw it again about a week ago and noticed at the end when Maria Hill was done talking to Nick Fury and walking away, a guy walked by her who was wearing a suit. I don't remember anybody else on the ship wearing a suit, so I assume maybe that was Agent Coulson.

O, and I would definitely go see it again for the extra 35 minutes.

Only way DC version would work for a re-release is if it had at least 10 - 15 mins more worth of action. Thirty minutes more of pure dialogue might be a tad too boring. Flick was perfect as is. Leave the director's cut for DVD/BR.

how many times has everyone seen this movie?
IF the dc version of this movie comes out in theaters at the end of summer i will watch it again making it my 5th time...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

with all this success the avengers had, will we see a justice league film?

Not until they reboot Batman. The current Batman doesn't exist in the realm of Superman and the other Justice League members. Also, Superman HAS to be successful and HAS to exist in the realm of the JL as well. A few other characters have to be introduced before the movie as well. If they want to be successful they must do it right. They can't just spit out a movie having Batman exist in this world without any type of build up. It would be suicide.

^They said they would make a JL movie before making any other individual movie..................

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Word around the web is it's not the Iron Patriot, but J.Rhodes new government issued WM costume. The white guy under the suit is obviously just a stand in.

That makes a lot more sense

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^They said they would make a JL movie before making any other individual movie..................

Then that's suicide. A JL movie as a introduction movie?? Desperation will be their downfall
tired.gif

Then that's suicide. A JL movie as a introduction movie?? Desperation will be their downfall
tired.gif
Ya seriously. I was
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
all at the same time when I was reading about it

tired.gif
Ya seriously. I was
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
Where did you read it from? Because last I read was that they just have a writer for a script. But a WW film is also on the writing stages as well. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

tired.gif
Ya seriously. I was
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
Where did you read it from? Because last I read was that they just have a writer for a script. But a WW film is also on the writing stages as well. 
I really hope they don't lead with a JL movie..

Definitely not a good source but some of the things they are saying make sense. However, a WW & Flash film being written at the same time as a JL movie, I say there is a good chance the individual films comes out before the JL film. Not to mention that a GL2 film will be made and likely be out by late 2013 or early 2014. And iirc, a new Batman reboot is scheduled for 2015 already as well (not Nolanverse but he’ll be involved in it in one way or the other).

I really can’t see the JL film getting steam until the new Superman film comes out and they see how well received it is. I really wish they would just do a Worlds Finest film first and then tackle a JL film. At least once the Superman/Batman film is established, they can tease a JL film while other individual films (Flash, WW & GL) comes out. Aquaman & MM doesn’t seem necessary in the group from the get go.

I will say tho, that if somehow they do lead with a JL movie and hit a home run, then that will set up all the other individual movies for great success. Cuz its gonna be tough for me to bring myself to see a Flash, WW, or another GL movie

I just don't see it working that way. Individual films are easy to do especially if it's an origin one that will lead to a JL film.
I mean look at Thor, Capt. America and IM2, those films are mediocre to good but none were really that great.
I keep falling asleep when I try to watch Thor & Cap America these days on Showtime.
I think most films fail, like GL, because they try to go all out and try to go out with a bang since they are not sure with the future or where the thing is headed.
Those Marvel films had a goal from the get go so they had a finishline that they have to make it fit in and introduce the characters w/o blowing the audiences mind.
Very few people could pull that off, Nolan being one of them and Raimi with SM1 & SM2 as the second (burnt out on the 3rd though or just forced by Sony to include Venom?).
The first IM film is the best Marvel Film outside of the Avengers but its success was such a fluke (thanks for great actors and improvisations) and that is why IM2 wasn't even close.

So DC/WB just need to step back, take a breath and really plan the future out. With Nolan and his brother writing the scripts and being involved, I am sure they can puzzle a JL film to be as epic as the Avengers.

Back
Top Bottom