The Best Thing You Ever Ate Vol. Foodietalk

This thread was inspired by the show. It doesn't have to be the BEST thing you ever ate but just really good is ok or maybe something weird that just worked. I'd like for this thread to be a way to share interesting cooking ideas and cool spots that exist.

One dish that changed my view on cooking actually came from a regular hood chinese food spot that did something different from every other one I've eaten at. Got hungry at a bus stop and there was a chinese food place on the same block so I just went in and ordered fried chicken wings to snack on.
Took one bite and I was like
giphy.gif

It had a familiar flavor that gave it a little something extra.
After a few more bites I figured out what that extra wonderful flavor was. Curry.
fU2.gif

Curry fried chicken had never even occurred to me at that point in my life.
I love curry chicken and fried chicken and together they make a goddamn beautiful baby.
Chicken was seasoned so well.
69a4a437_joakim-noah-e1306209579112.jpg

Had me in that place like.
ColdSphericalBadger-max-1mb.gif

My friend put me on to this Indian restaurant. Told me to get the Chicken Tikki Masala... Cotdamn! :pimp:

Got it with rice and Garlic Naan bread

sritikkamasala.jpg

Not my pic

He told me out of all the other spots they had the best tasting one...

Went to this one fancy spot once just for dessert. There was a poached/caramalizrd pear, a pear tart, pear ice cream and thse Lil cubes of like pear jelly or something. It was so ****ing good. Went back a couple days later.

Edit: it was a pear gelato.

pear-tart-with-gelato.jpg

Not my pic

Last edited:
Katz pastrami
Jackson hole burger/potato skins
Zaxbys wings/fries
Jerry's lasagna (hood pizza shop Boston Rd/Seymour ave)
A taste of seafood fried shrimp (seafood spot Harlem)

+1 on Jackson Hole - their burgers/chicken are VERY good.

I'm a BIG breakfast guy...not so much during the week, because it's always a rush with everything going on. But every once in a while, I'll head up to B-More and hit up either Miss Shirley's or Blue Moon Cafe. Two things...

1. Miss Shirley's Cinnamon Danish Pancakes

2. Blue Moon Cafe's Cap'n Crunch French Toast

475dd5294fdfa1a9f46ba8c3f1d77cf0.jpg

not my pic, but this is it :pimp:

cuban sandwich from cafe habana

Discontuned pop tarts strawberry cereal (Best cereal I ever had im telling you)

Yams from Roscoe chicken and waffles

0910B5BA-048A-49F8-A417-DE11A2151FCD.gif

Gotta experiment with this curry fried chicken thing.

For me, top 3 -

Jerk chicken my aunt's Caribbean wig shop homegirl made. It was around Thanksgiving in 2002. It was that good that I remember damn near that whole day.

My grandma's baked macaroni and cheese.

This Filipino Puerto Rican girl I used to mess with in high school.

Reactions: Ube
Similar to OP but a couple years back I wanted to try something different from the Chinese spot and got the Singapore noodles ...sooo good , had to add it to my ordering rotation...n it got curry in it too :lol: :pimp:

I had fried oysters for the first time ever over the weekend and they were delicious (Captain Whites out D.C.). First time ever eating oysters but they were far better than I imagined (being fried surely helped). Also thanks to Abbey Burger Bistro I have ate the following types of meat

• Wild Boar (Excellent)
  • Deer (Great)
  • Bison (Excellent)
  • Camel (Good)
  • Kangaroo (Good)
I'm also now a big fan of Tuna Steak after eating a month ago, cant wait to try it again

I had fried oysters for the first time ever over the weekend and they were delicious (Captain Whites out D.C.). First time ever eating oysters but they were far better than I imagined (being fried surely helped). Also thanks to Abbey Burger Bistro I have ate the following types of meat

• Wild Boar (Excellent)
  • Deer (Great)
  • Bison (Excellent)
  • Camel (Good)
  • Kangaroo (Good)
I'm also now a big fan of Tuna Steak after eating a month ago, cant wait to try it again

Bison is crack so is venison.

Want to try kangaroo, emu, ostrich and gator.

Bison is crack so is venison.

Want to try kangaroo, emu, ostrich and gator.
Along with kangaroo its also lean as hell with low fat content. Whenever I go out and see it on the menu as an alternative I make sure to order it. I dont know about gator but emu &
ostrich sound interesting. I've had shark once at this Spanish place and it taste like chicken

Youre in Toronto? If so, theres a hot dog place called WVRST that has a Kangaroo hot dog.

Good looks, gotta peep that.

Menu looks sick.

Kangaroo, elk?? Ya I gotta make a trip those ways.

Last edited:
i was always intrigued by otoro, which is fatty tuna meat. so when i got the chance i tried it. its nothing like anything i have ever tried before

714FD5D6-942F-43C4-B472-6F5865536952.jpeg

and in thailand, the popular khaniao mamuang aka mango stickyrice, turned into shibuya toast. this thing is just perfection :lol:

4995BBBB-011A-485C-8652-53143F733C9A.jpeg

i broke the toast to reveal the sticky rice inside.

Back
Top Bottom