The Bicycle Thread

bruh 58cm.... how tall iz u :nerd:
im like 5'10" and my pista is 56 :lol:

6"

A road bike and mountain bike are on different ends of the spectrum. I made that same mistake months ago when i went on a ride with two friends, and one of them has a track frame :sick:

As far as measurements go, you have to look at the geometry chart for the bike you want to buy. Generally speaking, since you're tall you wanna look at frames 56cm and up.

What kinda crank is it? My boy was telling me the fixie hypebeasts are buying out all the Omnium cranks :rofl:

Fsa vero , nothing special

I want to change the crank and the wheels next

I’m 6’1” and I ride a 57/58 - depends on the brand a little obviously but that’s a decent ballpark to start - really you want someone competent to look at you sitting on it and say if it’s correct, just make sure they’re not trying to sell you the only one you have left.

I def need to get a bike. I like riding at the gym and have always wanted to do some trails here in MA. Quarantine got me going on walks so now I’m more interested

I need to find a decent bike to get comfortable with again for now and then eventually do some trails for sure

6BF86CDE-889E-48DD-BAD8-9856513B97F3.jpeg
This is my beater fixie that I usually ride around DC/VA. Need to get some new tires for it soon but it does the job. Anything over 10 miles and I’ll usually hop my CAAD12. Gonna try to get a few rides in this weekend!

Bike demand is wild now. I got a cheap bike off of craigslist like 2 weeks ago and have been hitting the trails with a few friends. I'll hit some of y'all DC/VA riders up once I get some more experience and a tune up.
Let me know when you want to come to DC and ride. I currently have a hybrid bike but looking to purchase a Specialized Allez E5 Sport bike at some point.
I'm down for a DMV ride. :pimp:

Been staying at my parents crib for about 2 months. I’ve been riding my dads mountain bike for about 6 miles daily. So my uncle asked me to come ride with him. Before hand I told my homie and he asked what kinda bike my uncle got and I told him a speed road bike. He said your uncle bout to kick your ***. So I think I’m in good shape. Mannnnnnnn when I tell you my uncle busted my ***. Pause. He was literally gliding and I was working my *** off.

right then and there I gotta invest in a road bike. Totally different ride. I’m down to spend that 2 stacks for it.

I should go get measured right? I’m about 6 ft.
A lot goes into picking the right size so yes go to a reputable bike shop.

Need some help on a purchase

looking to cop this bike so i can ride to the city with the Boys

What do you think about this?

$350 is my budget and I’m real interested in this. I’m 5’10” and this is a 53cm. I rode my boys fixie last night which was the same size. It wasn’t uncomfortable

Wanted some other thoughts before I pull the trigger

I'm down for a DMV ride. :pimp:
We did Vienna to Reston on Sunday. We always stop at breweries but that’s probably the only way I’d go lmao. I definitely need a road or hybrid bike. This cheap mountain bike I copped is trash compared to what my friends have.

$350 is my budget and I’m real interested in this. I’m 5’10” and this is a 53cm. I rode my boys fixie last night which was the same size. It wasn’t uncomfortable

This is a good deal, considering he's assembling it for you

Buddy gave me his ‘87 Schwinn High Sierra. Just got it out the Shop (after a 3 week delay ... bike demand is OD! Smdh) to replace a rear derailleur. Took it for my first spin today. Loving it thus far! I do want to toss some slightly wider tires on it maybe.

I wouldn’t - the price is obviously tempting but it’s going to be really poor quality - 20lbs is actually heavy for a single geared bike - it’s not too bad for a budget road bike but removing all the gear parts saves quite a bit - and the components are all cheap.

It’s also too small - you want more like a 56 probably.

You’d get something much better for your money second hand.

Cannondale.jpeg
Giant.jpeg

these are my two favorite bikes, the rest are all beaters

need to do maintenance on both, tubes and frames.
the road bike needs some derauiller maintenance maybe brakes too.
called a couple local shops and they both have wait times of 1-2 weeks.
looks like i will order the parts and work on them myself.
any recommendation on where to order parts?
the shops dont even have tires for my mountain bike, thinking of getting some 2.3 wide tires super aggressive tread

Back
Top Bottom