The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

WAS DEF BETTER
didnt like the overuse of N
ruckus on the back of the fire truck was funny tho

I think the season is aaron McGruder telling his story of how he got out of the networks slavery but using granddad struggle as a metaphor
1st episode he did something controversial
2nd episode the network got him into a contract
3rd ep he trying to trust his own people in the industry but the want the show for them selves to keep the money flowing.....

idk but the story arc is going somewhere
Episode wasn't bad at all and I do agree with you, this season seems to have a lot more links between episodes than the past.

Yooo this was a great episode...I like how it touched on the problem with black women and they hair :lol: puttin anything on it just to make it look white :lol: A+

Yooo this was a great episode...I like how it touched on the problem with black women and they hair
laugh.gif
puttin anything on it just to make it look white
laugh.gif
A+
i agree and this is why this season is love/hate... they could have went waaaaaaaaaaaay deeper even with subtle stereotypes (that are mostly true) about black women and hair, and I think with aaron on board he probably would have

Finally watched it.

Meh, wasn't bad. Wasn't great either.

I'm sorry but the dialog is so clearly not the same.

Dudes cant be serious. Dudes acting like the previous seasons of Boondocks were classics. A few episodes at best were classics.

We are getting 20 episodes this season. Dudes need to relax. I'm not expecting the real funny episodes till mid to late season.

Yo the black womens hair ish is a beaten horse subject.. Just like the N word.

Should of been deaded after the chris rock documentary.

Where have you been? The hair debate is still raging with going natural being the current wave.

I think if it didn't come out that McGruder left and people thought he was still part of the show, people wouldn't be so critical.

All of a sudden everybody is expecting classics from each episode. There has been dry episodes every season

I just watched the fried chicken episode from season 3 again, that one is a classic. :pimp:

Dudes cant be serious. Dudes acting like the previous seasons of Boondocks were classics. A few episodes at best were classics.

We are getting 20 episodes this season. Dudes need to relax. I'm not expecting the real funny episodes till mid to late season.

Even the so called stinkers from S3 were way better than the crap this season.

The writing is way off, the characters, the dialogue, and the pacing.

Where have you been? The hair debate is still raging with going natural being the current wave.
I'm just saying that this is a know issue, and its tired. These **** aint changing ish. They conforming until the death and they arent trying to look nappy or bald..

Last edited:
I think if it didn't come out that McGruder left and people thought he was still part of the show, people wouldn't be so critical.

All of a sudden everybody is expecting classics from each episode. There has been dry episodes every season
Well him not being apart of the show is huge. That why it was so pivitol that everyone knew. So the proper reaction is critical judgment to see if it can live up to his caliber of work.

It''s like if your son gets into a car wreck, and he wants to drive again. Youre going to analyze everything he does after that.

WAS DEF BETTER
didnt like the overuse of N
ruckus on the back of the fire truck was funny tho
Just watched it. Exactly what I was gonna come in here and say.

This episode wasn't a bad one but they had Riley abusing the N word.

It not a debate. Natural won a while ago. Its an old black topic. Its like them doing a episode on baggy clothes, religion, bad eating habits, single mothers with different fathers, disproportioned jail sentencing etc....
If the show went with that mentality. Damn near every issue, ailment and problem associated with the black community would be off limits...and where would that leave the show?

Adult Swim is hosting a showcase event on the 14th. Black Jesus, Black Dynamite, and the Mike Tyson miniseries a supposedly all going to be previewed.

So at least after the Boondocks ends we know we got the some quality shows coming up.

So far the lulz are not present.  I forgot about this episode until I saw the thread.  It's like eating something you used to love and no longer enjoy anymore...

Am I the only one that thinks that black Jesus **** looks stupid af??

Brah the shorts were lulz a couple years ago. Black Jesus is a funny character, it got potential.

I honestly think it will be way funnier than this season of the Boondocks

Idk I think I saw the one where he's sitting on the couch (or maybe it was in the car) and it just looked like a joke.

Maybe I wasn't paying proper attention to the lulz

Tonight is more trash. 10 mins in and maybe one chuckle. Every problem we mentioned is still there in a nice big package of ****.

And I have come to realized, the animation is worst. I don't mind it, but it is as stiff as S1, and the characters all look off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom