The (Bootleg) Jordan 1 Wars

I doubt Jalen bought those. Either Kiy gave them to him for free, paid him to wear them or a stylist picked them out. He's signed to Adidas so it's a nice loophole.

If you create a fanbase/group of stans online it's a nice customer base. It's the same thing D and E list comedians do with podcasts which inflates their ticket sales on the road and then they create a merch line.

That’s crazy! I remember hearing Kiy sold a bunch of his shoes to rappers at one of his Pop Ups and didn’t leave that much left for the ppl waitin outside. Grimey AF!

I wonder if the end goal for these guys is to make as much money as they can before the lawsuits hit. In which case they’ll use all their earnings to pay off the lawyer fees and fines.

Not necessarily. Known a few friends who owned bars, many suffered.

The liquor license alone is enough of a hurdle/hassle. Application fee could be like 3k. 15k to file plus whatever other fees.

It's basically like dealing with the mob. If someone in the city/town wants you to go or doesn't want you to open near them lobby some government drones to deny your application/renewal

And that's before you consider Insurance, fake ids/underage drinking, over serving etc.

Last edited:
Apparently these were going for $350

There's no way Nike can keep up with this many "brands" :lol: I wish there was a way to track fakes/knockoffs from early 2000 SpongeBob jordan/Burberry AF1 era to Grey market/Ray Allen 13 era to now

Last edited:
Apparently these were going for $350

There's no way Nike can keep up with this many "brands" :lol: I wish there was a way to track fakes/knockoffs from early 2000 SpongeBob jordan/Burberry AF1 era to Grey market/Ray Allen 13 era to now

The dead duck is a nice touch but GOT DAMN make your own shoe!

Dude arguing for another brand… instead of continuing his? His shoes are GARBAGE so he needed those AF1 knocks offs. Like I said, BAPE already had a foothole in clothing. The Bapestas were just extra fuel really.

Stash, Futura, all the dudes who were collaborated with Nike in the late 90s and 2000s, AF1s were never going to die.

Last edited:
All of Geigers original designs SUCK! That’s why he’s so stuck on the AF1 silhouette

:lol: :lol:

3D6610A9-5906-4926-9A21-0685B6A775E8.jpeg

^ those aren’t even original either :lol:

Dude is hilarious bc in the very next tweet he gives credit to the ****** who actually brought them back from the dead (aside from street dudes who never stopped rocking them)

The dead duck is a nice touch but GOT DAMN make your own shoe!

Designing a shoe, creating the tooling etc is very expensive. Every size has a separate tooling like 10k-20k per size.

That's why a lot of shoes have the same or similar soles.

Last edited:
Designing a shoe, creating the tooling etc is very expensive. Every size has a separate tooling like 10k-20k per size.

Oh I know it cost a lot and know it cost a lot to make a completely different sole too. I jus think if you are gonna make your own shoe at least put some creativity on the “upper”

This not an excuse… sounds like something Kanye would say. Dudes got the money. Buy the proper equipment.

These dudes can buy million dollars homes or foreign cars that cost over 200k… but can’t buy equipment that’ll make them easily recoup the money?

^ those aren’t even original either :lol:

Dude is hilarious bc in the very next tweet he gives credit to the ****** who actually brought them back from the dead (aside from street dudes who never stopped rocking them)

I tried to give bruh the benefit of the doubt, I ain’t want to say it but you did it for me, lol

Imagine comparing buying homes/cars to essentially building/starting a factory.

AF1s never needed to be saved. If you want to say a certain segment of the population was introduced to AF1s by ASAP etc cool. Otherwise. No.

Imagine comparing buying homes/cars to essentially building/starting a factory.

AF1s never needed to be saved. If you want to say a certain segment of the population was introduced to AF1s by ASAP etc cool. Otherwise. No.

Was in school at the time (early 2010’s) and they absolutely died for a minute outside of “grimey” type dudes which is why that “Black AF1 energy” **** still exists to this day :lol: it shifted to J’s and Air Maxes and those Big Bang/Grinch era Kobe’s/KDs/Brons

Rocky and the “high fashion” crowd brought them back to the forefront if we talking like 2012-13 then by like 2015-2016 it was like they never left

Back
Top Bottom