The (Bootleg) Jordan 1 Wars

Those joints are TOO wavy.
1649298893344.gif

That’s funny cuz they could have tweaked a few things keeping that same general aesthetic and that would have been a unique new shoe.

Curious what your thoughts are on the sellers who are making Jordan 1 OGs almost identical to their 85 release. Quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none but it is still a unauthorized Jordan shoe. Do y’all see that any different than the so called ‘upper’ tier Chinese factory sellers who sell AJ 1s?

Curious what your thoughts are on the sellers who are making Jordan 1 OGs almost identical to their 85 release. Quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none but it is still a unauthorized Jordan shoe. Do y’all see that any different than the so called ‘upper’ tier Chinese factory sellers who sell AJ 1s?

Pics?

You're still asking about bootleg shoes. Why would a fake Jordan/nike silouette with lighting bolt be viewed much differently than one with a swoosh?

Spongebob fakes,Grey market, UA to reps. Different levels of the same thing.

Man, this is an excellent question! I have a friend that hand builds AJ1's and calls them "sneaker art." He doesn't replicate OG colors or anything, and leaves off the tongue tag and wings. Thing is, he uses legit AJ1 Soles haha. I've never considered his an actual AJ1. I also have a couple of Frankenstein sole swapped AJ1's where all the pieces came from legit AJ1's, but nothing about them is how they came from the factory.

The dude that was hand crafting the Black Toes out of "super premium" materials is definitely a different story. I guess the difference between his and my buddy's is that not a single soul on this earth would mistake my buddy's for a legit AJ1. This guy is basically doing a kit car, but with a Jordan.

Look up MercuryMFG on IG. Handcrafted AJ’s with 85 details. His work is insane.

There are guys out there that will hand build you a AJ1 with better craftsmanship and quality of materials for less than what a 2015 Chicago 1 is going for on the secondary market.

I actually thought those wavy vans were a collab when I first saw them. So I think mschf would easily lose in court lol

Back
Top Bottom