The Carter series vs. The Blueprint series

BP1 = C1 = C2 > C3 > BP3 > BP2

aside for BP1, I really prefer jay's other albums like black album and american gangster and reasonable doubt

BP1= 5/5 Classic
BP2= 4/5 The fillers keep it from 4.5 but Jay is still beastin Lyrically tho
BP3= 3.5/5 Enjoyable to listen 2, still better than most people's albums but not great compared to other Jay Albums

Average about 4.2 Rounded

C1= 4/5 And this is a bit of a reach but Ill keep it at this
C2= 4/5 Very Solid piece of work, not classic but good
C3= 3.5/5 Again, better than alot of albums but not his best. Last time he was very nice lyrically imo

Average about 3.8 Rounded

As you see the fact that BP1 is so good is really the difference maker. C3 as it was intended to be may have changed this but we'll never know. But I think we can all agree that we are comparing Waynes 3 best to one of Jay's best and 2 of the more average ones for him right?

laugh.gif
i guess some of yall are just bored...but to say BP1 = C1...
laugh.gif
smh.gif
awww man...

i can listen to bp1, c1 and c2 all the way thru with no skips

all 3 took over my car radio for years at a time

yeah, real hilarious, laugh it up

Comparing Jay-Z's Volume series or Kanye's 3 albums (minus 808) that would make more sense than this

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by jthagreat

CAN yall do me a favor and name the filler/weak songs on Blueprint 2? thanks.

"I Did It My Way"
Sounds more like you did it a few OTHER peoples way... But who's keepin track...

"U Don't Know (Remix)"
The OG was crazy... But did this REALLY need a sequel??
indifferent.gif

Blueprint is better than all Waynes $!@* but collectively I'll ride with Tha Carter series over the Blueprint series.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Blueprint is better than all Waynes $!@* but collectively I'll ride with Tha Carter series over the Blueprint series.

That answer makes much more sense than the others in here...

Cats have to find a way to make where Steadman > Weezy so they're willing to say anything ex. ("BP2=4/5")
tired.gif

From top to bottom I think Tha Carters is on avg more consistant then the Blueprints...

Blueprint 1 obviously is one of the better albums of the past decade, but that's something that can also be said about both Carter 1 & 2...

Blueprint 2 is just littered with filler, and failed attempts of recapturing the soul sound of Blueprint 1...

Blueprint 3/Carter 3 both have their bright spots, they also both have low points, but overall I'd have to say I enjoyed Carter 3 more than Blueprint 3...

Blueprint 1 obviously is one of the better albums of the past decade, but that's something that can also be said about both Carter 1 & 2...

I have never heard Carter 1 or 2 being mentioned as one of the best albums of the past decade...............EVER.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I have never heard Carter 1 or 2 being mentioned as one of the best albums of the past decade...............EVER.
Have you heard BP2 or 3 mentioned in that category... EVER??...

Tha Carter 1 is considered Wayne's breakout album by most (especially on the east coast)...

Top 25 Hip Hop Albums of The Deacade

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Reasonable Doubt = Tha Block is Hot

Lights Out > In My Lifetime

Vol 2 HKL > 500 Degreez

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Reasonable Doubt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tha Block is Hot
Vol 1 In my Lifetime> Lights out
Vol 2 > 500 degreez

Tha Carter 1 is considered Wayne's breakout album by most (especially on the east coast)...

I never said anything about BP2 or 3 being in that category, but I have heard people say that if BP2 was just 1 disc instead of 2 disc that it could have been classic.  With that being said BP 1 is clearly a hip hop classic and although Carter 1 may be some of Wayne's best work most folks wouldn't consider Carter 1 to be a hip hop classic, more like a personal classic if anything.  Even if you or anyone else want to call Carter 1 a classic it's nowhere near the classic level or scale as Blueprint 1. 

Also, that top 25 hip hop albums of the decade link you posted stinks to the high heavens champ.  It listed Carter 2 over Blueprint, Marshall Mathers LP and Stillmatic just to name a few.  Not to mention you yourself didn't even list Carter 1 or 2 in your top 5 hip hop albums of the decade thread that you made a few months ago.  I don't even think either album got honorable mention as well, not only from you but from others as well.   

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Hmmm.... interesting..

Breakdown this logic to me.

I never said anything about BP2 or 3 being in that category, but I have heard people say that if BP2 was just 1 disc instead of 2 disc that it could have been classic.  With that being said BP 1 is clearly a hip hop classic and although Carter 1 may be some of Wayne's best work most folks wouldn't consider Carter 1 to be a hip hop classic, more like a personal classic if anything.  Even if you or anyone else want to call Carter 1 a classic it's nowhere near the classic level or scale as Blueprint 1. 

Also, that top 25 hip hop albums of the decade link you posted stinks to the high heavens champ.  It listed Carter 2 over Blueprint, Marshall Mathers LP and Stillmatic just to name a few.  Not to mention you yourself didn't even list Carter 1 or 2 in your top 5 hip hop albums of the decade thread that you made a few months ago.  I don't even think either album got honorable mention as well, not only from you but from others as well.   

If you have to get rid of half the songs on BP2 for people to consider it  good abum (or "classic") that should tell you somethin...

I know many people aren't willing to consider the notion of someone else making somethin better than Steadman & all...

Tha Carter series is overall MORE consistant than the Blueprints...

Blueprint 1 is one of Jay's best albums, but the other 2 are average at best...

Where as Carter 1-3 are prolly Wayne's best albums...

Bluprint > Tha Carter
Tha Carter II > Blueprint II
Tha Carter III > Blueprint III

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

BP1 > C1> C2> BP2 > C3 > BP3

of the series Jay got one great album, Wayne has two.

given BP3 will most likely pass its successors in sales, both artist most successful releases are their worst.

co-signs.
This is way closer than i thought it would be
laugh.gif

Carter series(collectively) > BP Series (collectively)
BP1 is the best outta the 6 tho, with C1+C2 competing for 2nd/3rd

Back
Top Bottom