The Carter series vs. The Blueprint series

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Soo....
Blueprint>>>Blueprint 2>Carter>Carter 2>BP3>Dog *%+%>Carter 3

Blueprint series should not even be compared to the Carter series, and Jay should never be compared to Wayne. Wayne shouldn't be compared to anyone except other mediocre rappers.
and why is that? (i ask knowing you're a legitimate Jay rider)

it's pretty evident in this thread the SERIES is pretty even.

Blueprint 1 is widely regarded as a classic.  The Carter 1 is considered a regional classic at least by A LOT of people and no matter how you feel about C2, it simply just isn't that far removed from its predecessor.

very mixed feelings concerning BP2 (i think it's pretty underrated)

and then we have each artist's third installment, each widely regarded as poor. 

you're so biased that you state C1 is better than BP2 then go on to rank it behind BP2?

forgive me, it's been a minute since i've been entertained by the Jay-Z stans.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by jthagreat

CAN yall do me a favor and name the filler/weak songs on Blueprint 2? thanks.
"A Dream"
Did we REALLY need to hear the 1st verse of Juicy over a UNDERwhelming production??... What's the point, we get it you love Biggie and ALL his ideas...

"What They Gonna Do"
Good question... How bout SKIP this track...

"All Around The World"
I've never thought traveling the world could be so uneventful... Until I heard this song...

I actually really enjoy these songs. A Lot.

Everyone on this board knows how I feel about BP however.

BP (just because the production was far superior even though he was as shallow as possible) > BP2 > C1 > C2 > BP3 > C3

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Soo....
Blueprint>>>Blueprint 2>Carter>Carter 2>BP3>Dog *%+%>Carter 3

Blueprint series should not even be compared to the Carter series, and Jay should never be compared to Wayne. Wayne shouldn't be compared to anyone except other mediocre rappers.
and why is that? (i ask knowing you're a legitimate Jay rider)

it's pretty evident in this thread the SERIES is pretty even.

Blueprint 1 is widely regarded as a classic.  The Carter 1 is considered a regional classic at least by A LOT of people and no matter how you feel about C2, it simply just isn't that far removed from its predecessor.

very mixed feelings concerning BP2 (i think it's pretty underrated)

and then we have each artist's third installment, each widely regarded as poor. 

you're so biased that you state C1 is better than BP2 then go on to rank it behind BP2?

forgive me, it's been a minute since i've been entertained by the Jay-Z stans.
Eh, you actually bring up valid points.

I guess it's unreasonable to say they shouldn't be compared. I guess just personally, I think The Blueprint series is superior, but I guess it wouldn't be that far fetched for one to say The Carter series is superior, although I disagree with that. I think it's just my hatred for the new Wayne and this best rapper alive #!!+#%%$, and how overrated he is, that makes me have a bias against him, even his old stuff (which I like).

My apologies for any level of stannage I implied, it's all opinion at the end of the day.

EDIT:

And putting BP2>Carter was kind of a typo
laugh.gif
I had the mindset still about talking if it had the best 14 tracks on it, my bad I didn't notice I did that.

One day yall understand how nice an ALBUM C3 was. But until then yall keep enjoying the Dwayne Carter that just spit to spit.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

One day yall understand how nice an ALBUM C3 was. But until then yall keep enjoying the Dwayne Carter that just spit to spit.

Birdman JR >>>>> C3
Tha Mobb >>>>> C3

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

This is a joke right? There is no competition at all, it's a joke

exactly, carter series alllllllllllll day ... bp1 is overrated as hell ...

carter 1 > carter 2 > bp1 > carter 3 > bp3 > bp2

SMH, are you #%!$!* serious? I am a 23 year old man, not a 14 year old boy.....you can't listen to Wayne once you cross 16 and if you did, the joke is on you

The Blueprint series, and it's not even close. You Wayne fans might have had a better argument if you put Waynes mixtape series in place of the Carters however.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The Blueprint series, and it's not even close. You Wayne fans might have had a better argument if you put Waynes mixtape series in place of the Carters however.

How? Blueprint 1 is the best album of both artists. I'll say that, but the 2nd and 3rd BEST albums belong to Dwayne Carter.

Carter 1 is a classic album. This is the best of Wayne. Carter 2 is right behind that.

As already stated, Blueprint 2 had some real skippable tracks. Jay had GREAT songs and TERRIBLE songs so it averages it out for me.

I personally like the Blueprint 3 better than the Carter 3, but both were nothing special.

To say that it's not even close is not giving credit where credit is due. Open your ears man.

wayne does not have any classic albums... he doesnt have any good albums

he dont have subjects on his songs... just random lyrics especially on the carter 1...

his albums are mixtapes with beats that he paid for...

Is this a serious thread?

Imma just assume all of the Wayne fans are saying it's the Carter series and the Jay fans are laughing at them.

There is no serious discussion to be had.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Deuce King

How? Blueprint 1 is the best album of both artists. I'll say that, but the 2nd and 3rd BEST albums belong to Dwayne Carter.

Carter 1 is a classic album. This is the best of Wayne. Carter 2 is right behind that.

As already stated, Blueprint 2 had some real skippable tracks. Jay had GREAT songs and TERRIBLE songs so it averages it out for me.

I personally like the Blueprint 3 better than the Carter 3, but both were nothing special.

To say that it's not even close is not giving credit where credit is due. Open your ears man.
this is pretty much the just of the convo...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

wayne does not have any classic albums... he doesnt have any good albums

he dont have subjects on his songs... just random lyrics especially on the carter 1...

his albums are mixtapes with beats that he paid for...
/thread

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Yeah the Blueprint 2 had a a good amount of trashy filler's....
tired.gif

Remember this is NT... Where Steadman hasn't committed a sin, much less recorded a song that wasn't "EPIC"...

laugh.gif
Laugh out loud at "Stedman"
roll.gif

BP1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> C1
BP2<<<< C2 (If he took 6-7 songs from each instead of a double album it would be the other way around)
BP3>>>>C3

BP series >>>>>>> C series

C1 = BP1.
BP2 > C2.
BP3 = C3.

Its pretty much been said already.
The third installments are the worse.
2nd installments are overrated/underrated.
1st installments are deemed classics. Regional or nationwide.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Blueprint 1 @$++% all over the Carter series.

Co-signing this....
+

The Blueprint 1 & Tha Carter II are the best out of each catalogue..

^^^^ Yea. An whoever said the blueprint 1 is overrated is jus a dummy

Back
Top Bottom