The Case for Reparations Vol. Race Forum

Bruh, that aint even that much. I'm guessing 90% of this thread never picked up a book after HS.

About to go finish reading it now, thanks OP. Will post my thoughts after.

Son, that is the longest article Ive ever seen posted on NT in all my years.

Appreciate the effort tho OP.

I'm gonna have read this multiple times. I often forget things quickly after I read them, so I'll post later.

One of the most spineless things I've read on NT in a while.. :smh:
Look who posted it. The guy is a proven racist and has been for a long time.

Currently reading the article, will reply in detail once I'm done.

At first I felt bad for not reading and was worried I would be deemed a racist or white supremacist.

Then my finger got tired of scrolling and I didn't feel so bad.
I'm pretty sure most people viewed you as a suspected white supremacist long before this thread...............and will continue to view you as such, and rightly so. 

This is a powerful read and it should be shared with the masses, but I don't know if NT is the place for it. Most of the people on here are kids now and only want stuff that depreciates the moment you purchase it.

OP, why would you want to discuss something (important) when more than half of the cats on NT can't read passed a release date.

Did not read, if you can highlight an excerpt to hook us that would be great. I'd hate to get sucked into a long bout of gibberish. Either way I think reparations are pointless. Let's move forward and not add something to push the nation further into debt. Also this day and age, it would set race relations way back and push segregation to a whole new level. Nothing short of civil war.
Agreed.

Stop harping on about reparations.

It shouldn't happen (anymore) because while things aren't perfect things are as good as they've ever been in integrated society.  There are numerous state, federal, and non-profit programs to ensure that those who do the work will be rewarded with academic success at every level which in turn will lead to a high likelihood of being hired.  I know this because my parents used these programs when they first immigrated.  In the NYC area, one of my best friends was admitted to Prep-for-Prep and got into a private school at low cost.  So you just have to seek and you will find.

It won't happen ever because there likely isn't enough public land to spread among the 42 million african americans in this country.

BUT let us say that instead of giving African Americans 40 acres and a mule, they give you the equivalent price for it.  It would be difficult to pinpoint the cost because different lands cost different values depending on location, soil, climate, etc.  But let's say they standardize it and choose a base type of land they are paying for at a set price.  

Then you have the same dilemma at two very costly levels.  If they give you the cost of 40 acres and a mule it has to be decided if they are paying that value at current prices or 1865 dollars converted into modern dollars?

If they pay modern dollars thats could easily reach the billions of dollars. If they pay 1865 dollar converted to modern dollars that would reach the hundred billions if not trillions.

It's too costly.  They would never agree to it.

Then there's the question of who is a Black American/African American.  Are they counting black immigrants & their descendants? If not, how many generations in must one be to qualify as an African American if ever?  Can the Cape-Verdean American, Jamaican American, Nigerian American, Dominican American qualify?  What if a person is mixed between black american and black immigrant?

Then that being said if they pay black americans reparations what's to stop the opening of flood gates?

Will the Iraqis and Afghanis get their reparations for the 10 year occupation?

Will Latin America whom America bullied from their independence up until the 80s for some and present day for others get reparations for the numerous CIA backed operations, coups, political and economic destabilizations?  

Nope, it won't EVER happen.

Get on with your life and build generational wealth.

TL;DR/Cliffs

-Blacks shouldnt get reparations

-Blacks wont get reparation because it costs too much and may open lawsuit floodgates internationally.

Agreed.

Stop harping on about reparations.

It shouldn't happen (anymore) because while things aren't perfect things are as good as they've ever been in integrated society.  There are numerous state, federal, and non-profit programs to ensure that those who do the work will be rewarded with academic success at every level which in turn will lead to a high likelihood of being hired.  I know this because my parents used these programs when they first immigrated.  In the NYC area, one of my best friends was admitted to Prep-for-Prep and got into a private school at low cost.  So you just have to seek and you will find.

It won't happen ever because there likely isn't enough public land to spread among the 42 million african americans in this country.
BUT let us say that instead of giving African Americans 40 acres and a mule, they give you the equivalent price for it.  It would be difficult to pinpoint the cost because different lands cost different values depending on location, soil, climate, etc.  But let's say they standardize it and choose a base type of land they are paying for at a set price.  

Then you have the same dilemma at two very costly levels.  If they give you the cost of 40 acres and a mule it has to be decided if they are paying that value at current prices or 1865 dollars converted into modern dollars?

If they pay modern dollars thats could easily reach the billions of dollars. If they pay 1865 dollar converted to modern dollars that would reach the hundred billions if not trillions.

It's too costly.  They would never agree to it.

Then there's the question of who is a Black American/African American.  Are they counting black immigrants & their descendants? If not, how many generations in must one be to qualify as an African American if ever?  Can the Cape-Verdean American, Jamaican American, Nigerian American, Dominican American qualify?  What if a person is mixed between black american and black immigrant?

Then that being said if they pay black americans reparations what's to stop the opening of flood gates?

Will the Iraqis and Afghanis get their reparations for the 10 year occupation?
Will Latin America whom America bullied from their independence up until the 80s for some and present day for others get reparations for the numerous CIA backed operations, coups, political and economic destabilizations?  

Nope, it won't EVER happen.

Get on with your life and build generational wealth.

TL;DR/Cliffs
-Blacks shouldnt get reparations
-Blacks wont get reparation because it costs too much and may open lawsuit floodgates internationally.
just read cliffs.

Me personally... I don't want reparations...

But the wealth of this country was built on free African slave labor...

From J. Coles "new York times" f/ 50 cent.

Hop on the F train, took the express train
Skip that local ****, my vocal sick
That's how success came
Once kings now we pawns in this chess game
Wall street got black slave blood stains
Which means, we built this city
And never got scraps while the devil got fat
In fact, reparations for ****** in desperation
**** money, get my kid a real education
Blood money spills, had a real revelation
Southside make you realize there's still segregation

Just saying bro... :\

just read cliffs.

Me personally... I don't want reparations...

But the wealth of this country was built on free African slave labor...

From J. Coles "new York times" f/ 50 cent.

Hop on the F train, took the express train
Skip that local ****, my vocal sick
That's how success came
Once kings now we pawns in this chess game
Wall street got black slave blood stains
Which means, we built this city
And never got scraps while the devil got fat
In fact, reparations for ****** in desperation
**** money, get my kid a real education
Blood money spills, had a real revelation
Southside make you realize there's still segregation

Just saying bro... :\

Exactly country built on our free labor, then after slavery we were put in a position to forever be 2nd class citizens. Only people against reparations are those who think it's simply someone saying "hey here's a check". I hope every one against blacks getting reparations is against everyone else who has gotten them. People think the stuff that happened to blacks isn't something serious because they co exist with blacks or you even have a few blacks that are a tiny number that think they are "successful" when the community as a whole is in shambles. But them again most of you guys believe in the capitalistic ideologies so you can care less about the state of a community as a whole.

If we could identify the lineage of all the slaves to current Black citizens as well as where the pofits of their labor went, there should be reparations.

The wealth of the slave trade was passed down from plantation owners to current generations, who have numerous advantages in life because of that generational wealth.

The reparations shouldn't come from the government but from those people with generational wealth acquired through the slave trade.

With that said it becomes even trickier for a person like me who is a descendant of a slave that fled to the North to fight in the Civil War, and a descendant of a slave owner.

If we could identify the lineage of all the slaves to current Black citizens as well as where the pofits of their labor went, there should be reparations.

The wealth of the slave trade was passed down from plantation owners to current generations, who have numerous advantages in life because of that generational wealth.

The reparations shouldn't come from the government but from those people with generational wealth acquired through the slave trade.

With that said it becomes even trickier for a person like me who is a descendant of a slave that fled to the North to fight in the Civil War, and a descendant of a slave owner.

True I forget the names of the companies but I know there are a few banks and such that were directly started from slave labor revenue. I'm fore reparations, but It just sucks many of us minds are ao warped we won't use it to build infrastructure and more so just continue the cycle of consumerism first and investing/wealth building last.

Lol at get on with your life. The fact that there are folks that think that statements like that are acceptable speaks volumes about the sheer disrespect, entitlement, and ignorance regarding our entire situation. The same folks that make statements like that are the ones who'll turn around and basically blame everything that happened, and the current state of our situation on us. You have a country & system that basically sought to outright ensure that one race of people would forever be literally sub-citizens & placed in a disadvantageous position. What I find funny is that NEVER in my life have I heard a person even murmur such sentiments towards Jews, never in my life have I heard a person say welp Hitler was bad & all but Jews just need to forget about da holocaust & move the hell on. I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people are just outright ignorant to what exactly was placed upon us by this system, there is no way that anyone who is fully educated on the entire scope of our situation would ever come out their mouth and say "well, Blacks just need to take their L, and move on".

Lol at get on with your life. The fact that there are folks that think that statements like that are acceptable speaks volumes about the sheer disrespect, entitlement, and ignorance regarding our entire situation. The same folks that make statements like that are the ones who'll turn around and basically blame everything that happened, and the current state of our situation on us. You have a country & system that basically sought to outright ensure that one race of people would forever be literally sub-citizens & placed in a disadvantageous position. What I find funny is that NEVER in my life have I heard a person even murmur such sentiments towards Jews, never in my life have I heard a person say welp Hitler was bad & all but Jews just need to forget about da holocaust & move the hell on. I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people are just outright ignorant to what exactly was placed upon us by this system, there is no way that anyone who is fully educated on the entire scope of our situation would ever come out their mouth and say "well, Blacks just need to take their L, and move on".

I've addressed it a ton in the past, dudes think "oh I'm not racist I don't hate black ppl, I got black friends" but they continue to be apart of systematic white supremacy. The cats who talk like that are always non blacks or a Uncle Tom black dude who thinks he made it because he has a corporate job and moved to the burbs. When blacks talk about their issues they come on some "get over it steeze", then when issues of crime and other stuff come out they say blacks are the reason for their issues, its sickening. At the end of the day you can't even expect anyone to feel your pain, most they can feel is "damn thats messed up, but at least it didn't happen to me". You can't even compare any other ethinic group/immigrant group in america to blacks because at the end of the day they came by choice, if things were so bad for them in the United states they could have left, while Blacks were pretty much kidnapped, dropped off sodomized and told to get over it. Dudes want to blame drug dealers like the govt didn't put drugs in the hoods, lol.

At the end of the day Blacks need to quit seeking acceptance from a society that will never accept them and only wants them for economic gain. We are the only minorities in America still trying to integrate into a system that is against us. We need to take the little we do have and build like or Hispanic and Asian brothers and sisters. We can all co exist but we have to build form within because chances are we will never get reparations and we can't sit around waiting. I can guarantee if we took our 1 trillion in spending power a year and instead of giving it out to others we circulated it within our own community that would shake things up in America.

At the end of the day Blacks need to quit seeking acceptance from a society that will never accept them and only wants them for economic gain. We are the only minorities in America still trying to integrate into a system that is against us. We need to take the little we do have and build like or Hispanic and Asian brothers and sisters. We can all co exist but we have to build form within because chances are we will never get reparations and we can't sit around waiting. I can guarantee if we took our 1 trillion in spending power a year and instead of giving it out to others we circulated it within our own community that would shake things up in America.
This I concur with.

:smh: What's up with NT and all these race threads?

I'm seriously wondering how the Hell race threads seemed to pick up hyperbolicly over the past year or so. It's lame to be quite frank. Seems like people have their own personal agendas or something.

:smh: What's up with NT and all these race threads?

I'm seriously wondering how the Hell race threads seemed to pick up hyperbolicly over the past year or so. It's lame to be quite frank. Seems like people have their own personal agendas or something.

lololol man shut the hell up, nobody told you post in the thread.

Dudes so damn scary to discuss race but want to point fingers at people for their status and beliefs (speaking in general).

It amazes me on NT that non black cats can talk about what Blacks Need to do, but don't want to talk about the root causes of the current state of the black community and the state of the the mentality many have in America. Dudes tired of race threads as if they can't scroll past them. Amazing.

It amazes me on NT that non black cats can talk about what Blacks Need to do, but don't want to talk about the root causes of the current state of the black community and the state of the the mentality many have in America. Dudes tired of race threads as if they can't scroll past them. Amazing.

I find this funny too.

My professor actually put this up on blackboard as an extra credit assignment.

Saw how long the article was :smh:

Back
Top Bottom