The Case for Reparations Vol. Race Forum

Damn, will make Jordan's even harder to get, :smh:

Only one's that will benefit from this are Nike/JB and designer labels.

There's been a lot of give and take throughout history, too late for reparations. Oh, and 'Merica was built on "take".

Capitalism 101.

My dad's factory got closed when the government subsidized his competing factory but not his.

Where are my reparations?

The fact you think people getting what they deserve is a free hand out shows how little you think of the history behind it all

You don't deserve it though, not as an individual. What have you done?

Serious. Reparations are not going to give you the first class status that apparently eludes you.

How would you go about distributing reparations?

What are the benefits of distributing reparations?

Slavery was abolished over 150 years ago, I definitely think reparations were due at that time, unfortunately it didn't happen. Do I think this generation deserves the "payout" (For lack of better term)? Definitely No.

Should this money figure be re-invested in some form of infrastructure? How would the government go about that?

Neighborhoods are becoming more diverse.

I'm talking about myself...

trying to make my own case for reparations

I can see it's difficult

Last edited:
You don't deserve it though, not as an individual. What have you done?

Serious. Reparations are not going to give you the first class status that apparently eludes you.

How would you go about distributing reparations?

What are the benefits of distributing reparations?

Slavery was abolished over 150 years ago, I definitely think reparations were due at that time, unfortunately it didn't happen. Do I think this generation deserves the "payout" (For lack of better term)? Definitely No.

Should this money figure be re-invested in some form of infrastructure? How would the government go about that?

Neighborhoods are becoming more diverse.

Who are you to tell an entire people what they deserve? Reparations can be used for individuals to develop infrastructure and invest in self to help create the wealth opportunities missed out on. You speak as if blacks not being in chains they aren't still feeling the consequences and results of slavery, civil rights Jim Crow, Slave codes, etc. you do realize many of us have parents who were around during the civil rights era?

What is your ethnicity ironman?

Last edited:
Who are you to tell an entire people what they deserve? Reparations can be used for individuals to develop infrastructure and invest in self to help create the wealth opportunities missed out on. You speak as if blacks not being in chains they aren't still feeling the consequences and results of slavery, civil rights Jim Crow, Slave codes, etc. you do realize many of us have parents who were around during the civil rights era?

What is your ethnicity ironman?

It's not me who's telling them, apparently it's the government. It is not as easy as coming up with a dollar figure and distributing that amount.

Plus, money, in bulk is not going to solve any of the issues you seek to solve. It's going to be flushed into the economy, you know damn well that is what's going to happen.

Having parent's who were around during the Civil Rights era is not the same as having a parent/grandparent that was a Slave.

I'm Mexican if that even matters, not that you know much about our struggles or care to know.

Family had roots in California and got booted when they lost the war, made their way back. What we call a "grind" is nothing to what they did. Worked long hours at low wages, eventually became succesful small business owners.

At no point do I feel like I deserve to piggy back or receive compensation for the unfair wages they dealt with.

This thread is a prime example of why racism will never go away, people don't give a **** about equality. They just want to see their group rise above the rest.

Answer my question though.

How would you go about distributing these funds?

How would it benefit individuals?

It's not me who's telling them, apparently it's the government. It is not as easy as coming up with a dollar figure and distributing that amount.

Plus, money, in bulk is not going to solve any of the issues you seek to solve. It's going to be flushed into the economy, you know damn well that is what's going to happen.

Having parent's who were around during the Civil Rights era is not the same as having a parent/grandparent that was a Slave.

I'm Mexican if that even matters, not that you know much about our struggles or care to know.

Family had roots in California and got booted when they lost the war, made their way back. What we call a "grind" is nothing to what they did. Worked long hours at low wages, eventually became succesful small business owners.

At no point do I feel like I deserve to piggy back or receive compensation for the unfair wages they dealt with.

This thread is a prime example of why racism will never go away, people don't give a **** about equality. They just want to see their group rise above the rest.

Answer my question though.

How would you go about distributing these funds?

How would it benefit individuals?

How is blacks getting reparations racist? What other race went through the same thing? You're throwing in the "not like you know my struggle or even care" as of you're salty nobody is making articles like this for Mexicans. Clearly you don't know about the black struggle or care about it.

And the issue isn't how the government is going to distribute funds, the topic is reparations in itself.

And I've already spoken on how it will benefit blacks. What's wild is for you being Mexican you speak as if the things blacks went through weren't instrumental in you and your fam being able to live in America and not have to worry about "whites only" institutions. It's amazing how the American education system and such has conditioned other minorities to think this way.

Last edited:
People truly don't understand the definition of racism. :lol:

But will throw it out at the drop of a dime.

How is blacks getting reparations racist? What other race went through the same thing? You're throwing in the "not like you know my struggle or even care" as of you're salty nobody is making articles like this for Mexicans. Clearly you don't know about the black struggle or care about it.

And the issue isn't how the government is going to distribute funds, the topic is reparations in itself.

And I've already spoken on how it will benefit blacks. What's wild is for you being Mexican you speak as if the things blacks went through weren't instrumental in you and your fam being able to live in America and not have to worry about "whites only" institutions. It's amazing how the American education system and such has conditioned other minorities to think this way.

That wasn't specifically aimed at you, and should have been noted. Well aware about the black struggle, I like to point out that while the argument is valid, majority of the time it is not presented properly and therefore it is shut down.

You do know that the civil rights movement was more than just black people right? That those marches were more diverse than you may think? That marches were taking place in other parts of the country with different groups of people?

Am I the one that's been conditioned?

You think black people were the only ones being oppressed and marching for equality? C'mon bro.

...and just to point out, I did not say that this topic is "racist", but that has more to do with comprehension, :lol:

People truly don't understand the definition of racism. laugh.gif

People have issues with reading comprehension, not shocked, :lol:

Last edited:
People truly don't understand the definition of racism. :lol:

It's mind blowing when non whites have views like this as if blacks getting their behinds destroyed in the 50s and 60s didn't open the doors for many of them to be able to come to America and go to school and not worried about being denied access to things because of their skin color. It's not even about some you guys should feel grateful, but this is why I tell blacks we need to work on building ourselves because nobody else cares about us or our well being but have the most to say about the status of where we are as a collective in America.

I think women are first in line for reparations if they're actually gonna do this

I've been searching all over CNN and I don't see any mention of it though..

So first you're gonna tell us that we know nothing about the struggles of any other people

Then you proceed to tell us what will and won't solve our issues

Next you try to compare your parents "struggle" and dealing with unfair wages to an institution that systematically broke an entire group of people

K

It's always these types. Non-black more than likely had parents that are immigrants & are able to somehow tell us what we should/shouldn't do and what we need/don't need. All because their parents supposedly "pulled themselves up by the bootstraps" regardless of the system. There was one of these threads a while back & rexaglorum (sp?) basically outlined these types of cats, I need to go back & find it.

That wasn't specifically aimed at you, and should have been noted. Well aware about the black struggle, I like to point out that while the argument is valid, majority of the time it is not presented properly and therefore it is shut down.

You do know that the civil rights movement was more than just black people right? That those marches were more diverse than you may think? That marches were taking place in other parts of the country with different groups of people?

Am I the one that's been conditioned?

You think black people were the only ones being oppressed and marching for equality? C'mon bro.

...and just to point out, I did not say that this topic is "racist", but that has more to do with comprehension, :lol:
People have issues with reading comprehension, not shocked, :lol:

The black struggle is an economic and psychological conditioning thing, what amazes me is as a Mexican in America you even ask something like this as if Blacks and Browns don't share similar struggles. The one thing is Hispanics and knowledge of self so they can at least serve a stronger chance of being likely to practice group economics and creatin parallel economies where discrimination and things be come a lesser factor in daily life. Once again nobody is asking or begging for reparations. I feel blacks deserve them but at the end of the day if we get them or not that doesn't mean we shouldn't be working as a collective unit to improve our situation. NO other ethnic group endeared what Blacks did I'm America besides the Natives and even the few that are left got reparations.

SON!!! YOU WILD :rofl:

I was pressing the space bar trying to scroll pass that and it still took a while. You could slip a nazi manifesto in that and nobody would notice. Can't even post on topic after seeing that :lol: :lol: :smh:

You fail at starting a race thread. This will get out of hand despite your "efforts"

And dude said this is why racism will never end because we can't be equal in regard to blacks getting repatriations as if tr White Majority elite isn't continuing to stay elite at the expense of not being equal lol. Like as a Mexican in America are you satisfied that many businesses under pay Mexican immigrants whether legal or illegal and use them as sort of in short outsourcing?

And dude said this is why racism will never end because we can't be equal in regard to blacks getting repatriations as if tr White Majority elite isn't continuing to stay elite at the expense of not being equal lol. Like as a Mexican in America are you satisfied that many businesses under pay Mexican immigrants whether legal or illegal and use them as sort of in short outsourcing?

That's not what I said, but keep fighting the good fight.

Fairness and Capitalism don't belong in the same sentence, that was your first mistake. Reparations are not going to bring you or "your group" the solace you seek or it isn't going to help you knock off the "White Majority Elite".

Groups are exploited all the time, yours was the most, no one is arguing.

If there was a way to distribute, then you would have a better position in this argument. Sorry you're not getting extra funds to buy more supps. *shrugs*

It will be difficult to seperate those that will use reparation distributions for the greater good, and those that will use it as a handout.

You still didn't answer any of the questions I posed you're way, instead you got yourself caught up in some key words.

Hard to have discussions with people that have a SEO mindset.

Last edited:
Who said I'm even for capitalism? So why bring up fairness and capitalism as if I'm asking for both? America wasn't founded on fairness or equality, these are things I am for.

Once again I said blacks deserve reparations, these reparations can be used to build infrastructure such as people starting businesses, purchasing home/land, investing in existing businesses etc, I already answered this. The topic isn't how to distribute the funding, they can send it to peoples pay pal for all I care.

Last edited:
Some of y'all can't be posting ignorant nonsense like "slavery ended 150 years ago" when the historical information is in the article.

Can some of y'all read the article before posting. If you can spend 10 minutes arguing, at least spend 2 minutes reading the article posted.

Some of y'all can't be posting ignorant nonsense like "slavery ended 150 years ago" when the historical information is in the article.

Can some of y'all read the article before posting. If you can spend 10 minutes arguing, at least spend 2 minutes reading the article posted.

Lol word, my girl showed me the article a few weeks ago and the article is mainly about unfair housing practices and stuff

Back
Top Bottom