The Cheesecake Factory: Your thoughts, comments, opinions?

cheesecake factory is like the ultimate safe bet.... the food won't be great but it won't be bad. prices are affordable. and it;s very convenient.... ican't really hate it. but i can't really like it either... it's just way too average.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

It's a chain, enough said. For the most part, chain restaurants are not as great as they make themselves out to be. Overpriced for terrible food.

Don't take this the wrong way, but in the Northeast I feel people tend to stay away from chain restaurants alot more then in other areas of the country. I've been down south and out west and people swear by these "upscale" places like The Cheesecake Factory, P. F. Changs, etc but they just don't compare to "mom and pop" type of places.

Eating Italian or Chinese food at a place like The Cheesecake Factory=
sick.gif
people in the northeast for the most part stay away from chains unless you live in the suburbs which is pretty much the same as anywhere else...living in the cities offers you a whole goldmine of ma-pa restaurants.

Originally Posted by ao17

The Grand Lux is better
2 replies in and the truth is posted. I think what makes it taste better is that its comped when I'm with the fam
laugh.gif

NO RESERVATIONS FTL!!!!!!!! Only been there a few times and I've had to wait up to 2 hours before just to get a damn table......

Suburbia food. In the ranks of Macaroni Grill, TGIF, Chili's, Elephant Bar, etc.

In other words, where people, who know nothing about food, will go when they want something a bit classier than McDonalds.

alright I just ate

verdict: I had some taco/chicken/bean/salad type thingy, which was suprisingly VERY good, and some side chicken/fries with pasta
the pasta was average
overall it was a good meal

thumbs up

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Suburbia food. In the ranks of Macaroni Grill, TGIF, Chili's, Elephant Bar, etc.

In other words, where people, who know nothing about food, will go when they want something a bit classier than McDonalds.

Eh..I know a good share about food but like you said when you live in the suburbs there are a lot less mom and pop restaurants and often time going to a chainis much more convenient. I doubt people consider cheesecake factory or TGIF as classy..that's just being silly.

The food is alright... overpriced.

The cheesecake is probably the best thing out of that place... and you'd hope so given it's name.

I don't get why people are saying that it's overpriced. The prices are comparable to other chain restaurants, and you get a ton of food.

I actually like some of their items on the menu, with the pastas you get decent quantity....but the cheesecakes are delicious

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Eh..I know a good share about food but like you said when you live in the suburbs there are a lot less mom and pop restaurants and often time going to a chain is much more convenient. I doubt people consider cheesecake factory or TGIF as classy..that's just being silly.
I can only draw from my personal experiences but I've met a good number of people that thought Cheesecake Factory was a classy spot. Someplace to take someone out on a first date or even an anniversary. I'll admit I was reaching on the TGIF though
laugh.gif

But yeah, honestly if you live in a big city or close to one, you shouldn't really be considering these spots. For the same prices you'll end up payinghere, you can easily get a better meal by visiting some independently owned joints. Check out Yelp, it's extremely useful.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by eaalto

It's a chain restaurant, what do you expect? I love to eat at Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden, but I will never say that the food there is good, or that it's an authentic representation of Italian. It's average food, at an average price, just like the Cheesecake Factory. If you want good food, don't even bother stepping foot into a chain, unless it's a more upscale chain like Ruth's Chris.
Have you been to the Cheesecake Factory? I wouldn't call their prices average.
eyes.gif
OP said dinner for 2 was $39, which is pretty cheap.

Overrated and overpriced IMO. Food was good tho, I had some type of pasta with like shrimp in it. The one around my way is pretty out of the way so I don'tgo often

defitnely agree with the NT'ers above, saying that the Cheesecake Factory is overrated.

I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Boston Common and me and my classmates had to wait over an hour to get a long table
smh.gif

the food ended up being just alright. Wasn't even all that.

since it was senoir year in high school, i forgot what i had ordered. my bad NT.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom