The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Where did this Dre come from?
Apparently Kev's mom quickly found a new chick and they aint even explain why they broke up.

I do feel like this had something more to do with Lena's wife leaving her cuz she been cheating.

If she came back, Jerrika should have been there too.
Due to Mitchell's sexual harassment and w/e foul thing he did to her she quit.

I would have liked Reg to be alive (don't even know why they killed him off)
Lena wanted Reg's character to have a relationship with a transgender this season. The actor said **** that and quit the show.

I don't know what they about to do with Ronnie. I actually forgot about his major plots from S2. Last i remember he met his pops & then now in this season he getting trashed again like he was fresh out of jail or something.
Ronnie became a drunk again last season after he met his dad and all that. Things aint work out with Emmett's mom and no other woman giving him that chance.

You can tell Emmitt & Keisha are going to be central pieces for this season.
Ep 1 made it seem like Keisha got abducted and is gone.

To me it'd be unrealistic if she came back cuz irl missing girls don't come back unless this is some sort of sex slave prisoner in my basement sort of thing.

Brandon's absence leaves a lot of plot holes. Will those cops Touissant or Armando still be on the show?
They'll still gonna go after Douda and his gang.

Lastly, i don't know who took Keisha but we know Ronnie getting blamed for it & I feel like he will be one of the key reasons she is found. His arc will pivot based of this storyline.
Hopefully he dies.

Master Zik Master Zik

Did not know that about Reg's character. Thanks for the info. Looks like she got what she wanted anyway with Trig's girlfriend. Doesn't make sense why Lena was THAT persistent for that.

I also mentioned Jerrika cause Brandon's mom had issues with him in real life on set as well but still came back for that scene it seems.

I also disagree on Keisha. But we shall see.

PO

Master Zik Master Zik

Did not know that about Reg's character. Thanks for the info. Looks like she got what she wanted anyway with Trig's girlfriend. Doesn't make sense why Lena was THAT persistent for that.

I also mentioned Jerrika cause Brandon's mom had issues with him in real life on set as well but still came back for that scene it seems.

PO
Trig's girl is a dude? Damn didn't really focus on her like that.

Oh okay. Didn't know Sonja had problems with Jason too. Key difference I think is it sounds like Jason actually tried something with the actress playing Jerrika. Keep in mind they had to fake intimacy. With Jason's dirty mackin perv ways I could see him asking to rehearse a scene and try something.

Unless they gonna have a real dark subplot showing Keisha getting drugged, raped, wholed up in some room I don't see how she survives this if it goes the other way. Cuz again when girls go missing they go missing and thats it. Maybe they can reach for some sex trafficking subplot

Man po2345 po2345 and I hyped up that food truck blowing up so much that I was bummed they didnt show anything at all. But when I realized where Kev was going after the wedding and seeing the casket slowly pan out to the picture, I was :rofl: :rofl:

Yall clarified alot of stuff for me. I def was confused who dre was. Wonder what happened with Karen

The story around Reg leaving. Sheesh. The dude they casted as his bro looks alot like him. Im guessing his gf is trans based on what yall said about Reg's actor

Last edited:
wait is that Reg trans GF thing fr? Master Zik Master Zik . That **** remind me of that FP episode where Will was on the daytime soap and they wanted him to have a kissing scene with a man and he messed the whole show up so he could get fired :lol:
I couldn't find any official article cuz obviously that might make dude look bad in this climate (even going back to last year). Found this though

Also on the low, shockingly, Lena was actually laying the groundwork for Reg having a trans relationship back during the pilot. If y'all rewatch the pilot, the scene when Ronnie goes to Reg to find out who killed his son; as that scene starts, a trans woman (apparently this caught other ppl's eye as well) is seen going in to Reg's car so he could talk to Ronnie. There's like one more shot of the person in the car as they talk and thats it. Then when he finished with Ronnie Reg is shown walking to that car before the next scene starts.

Oh damn, that really might be a trans woman. Didn't peep it at first but her voice seems off.

Trig's girl is played by Jasmine Davis.

Not much about her. So I dunno if that's a trans woman or not. I do question the 5 pics of her now.

I did a quick google on her name alone and a transgender awareness video came up. I dont think it was the same person playing Imani though. Lets let it play out and see lol

Lena wanted Reg's character to have a relationship with a transgender this season. The actor said **** that and quit the show.

:smh:

Master Zik Master Zik

PO

Shows about to jump the shark with too many messages.

Now it's going to go on black missing girls.

She's on a crusade to message us to death, but a year ago you were copping pleas about not having power to adequately handle the Jason Mitchell situation

Lena waite think she is better than what she really is .... I don’t have a problem with shows having diverse characters but she be doing the most ....
wasnt one of bokeem “ women” in queen and slim a transgender .... now she pushing it on the show .....

This show was set up for failure with all the main characters leaving/not getting along. I am just alone for the ride but not expecting much

Something in another dicussion about this show brought up what could be an interesting situation.
What if Keisha is faking her kidnapping? It's clear that she doesn't want to leave Chicago at all. Maybe she went into hiding with this random boyfriend she's dating....
I also find it funny that she went from dating the track coach to dating somebody that makes her take the bus late at night. Her choice in men are terrible.

At this point, my favorite character is Douda. He has the opportunity to be a nice villain if they give him more camera time. I mean he's businessman that's running for a political position while being in control of a few rival street gangs. He's also tried forcing black people to move out of the neighborhoods so that he could buy up the property for what could be a push for gentrification.

Lena waite think she is better than what she really is .... I don’t have a problem with shows having diverse characters but she be doing the most ....
wasnt one of bokeem “ women” in queen and slim a transgender .... now she pushing it on the show .....
I already posted that photo of the transgender from Queen & Slim in this thread. She got the chick from the Netflix show "Pose" .

Something in another dicussion about this show brought up what could be an interesting situation.
What if Keisha is faking her kidnapping? It's clear that she doesn't want to leave Chicago at all. Maybe she went into hiding with this random boyfriend she's dating....

This could happen, but since its a TV show, the viewer would see it as anti-climatic.
But i enjoy the perspective.

PO

So Trig's girl isn't transgender?

I'm not saying that...
The guy above mentioned how in the movie Queen & Slim, Lena Waithe had one of the characters dating a transgender. I was telling that poster that I already posted the photo of that transgender from the movie and that the transgender was also in a tv show on Netflix called "Pose".

As far as this new chick on The Chi, I don't know what she is. I looked her name up on Google and it seems like she might actually be a natural female from the limited amount of photos I've seen. There's not much out there on her though.

They should of just let Jason grab whoever he wanted or got him some counseling. Best actor left is chick who plays his mom from the wire. Too many things behind messed this show up. This ghread will get how the Power thread is.

They should of just let Jason grab whoever he wanted or got him some counseling.

4580041.gif

What? WHAT?

Back
Top Bottom