The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

They made it seem like Douda sent Q away for w/e rules he broke when trying to get the killer of his son. Dude was semi-retired or out the game. If not that Douda went to the other OGs and got the green light to send Q away.

I am shocked though they're keeping up the no cops storyline and now they're specifically doing one to bring them back under the facade of cops and politicians are pawns controlled by gang leaders :lol:

Q think he's some cartel boss or that Chicago is the slums in the City of God or something. Not even on the level of the mafia. They don't got it like that. It was always silly to me sell this idea than one of the most corrupt cities in the country somehow managed to have a dude with gang ties and a bunch of community leaders completely get rid of all police presence on the Southside.

That's some Spongebob ficition.

Sometimes when it comes to that part of the show its like they're trying to be everything The Wire wasn't.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I was looking twice, three and four times at the woman Weaver was trying to bag.

I know Lena not gonna miss the chance to sneak another transwoman on the show right under our noses.
So Is Fatima really trans?

So Is Fatima really trans?

Yeah.

I knew Lena wouldn't last the season without it.

Really making Victor seem like a chaser.

Footstomped it with the “she is not my type” comment

Man, I didn’t even notice she was trans. Lena is wildin for creating a ‘Victor thirsts over trans yambs’ subplot :smh:

I want to smack fire out of Gemma for the reason x Buddha Bless x x Buddha Bless x mentions. She has all the opportunity in the world with her upbringing and not only is she squandering it but she is convincing someone who might barely have an ounce of that opportunity to throw it away. The saddest part is that Lena probably thinks she is pushing a positive “follow your dreams” narrative too :smh:

Did Poppa get braces or something during the layoff? His teeth stood out for some reason this episode :lol:

Who do y’all think it was that runs up to Poppa at Smokey’s with the Glock next episode :nerd:

:smh: at Dre acting like taking in that other girl was no big deal. “We just have to watch them for a few more years.” WHAT?!??? :lol:

Why is Douda so dependent on Q's funds, what happened to all his money from running 63rd st. mob as well as the chain of pizzerias

I don't think they know their own storylines.

I don't even understand his character and what he's supposed to be. I don't think they have any consistency, because they keep bringing in new writers/showrunners who do whatever they want with the show and characters.

Wasn't Perry run out of town in the middle of the night in disgrace, but now he's helping someone else run for city council?

And they bring about that self policing up every now and then, but don't do anything with it really.

8C1D0208-04E6-4E1A-84C4-EFD86048A91A.jpeg
:rofl:

Show dun turned into a Tyler Perry play. It’s like watching a car crash before your eyes, want to quit watching and turn away but can’t. Now just watch it for the laughs.

Where did Victor get all this money for all the drip he's wearing this season?

Gemma is so worthless. I thought they were going to go with the anxiety/mental health angle when she was spacing out during the SATs. Instead just worthless.

Where did Victor get all this money for all the drip he's wearing this season?

Gemma is so worthless. I thought they were going to go with the anxiety/mental health angle when she was spacing out during the SATs. Instead just worthless.

That would require good writing.

They already did the young mom thing with Keisha. It's a redundant storyline I hope doesn't continue.

and if you don't call him Trig. :lol: I was trying to figure out who's Victor. You're talking about the dude who came out of jail with a G Wagon?

Shaad was looking out with that talk and gave good advice

Trig going to get caught in the range rover and hurt the campaign

when he could've been honest with people :smh:

Saw the show came back and was in zero rush to watch but caught up on the last couple days.

Idek why the show is still called The Chi at this point.

Trig pushing a GWagon but can’t buy birthday gifts for 3 people??? If that ain’t the most Power universe type ish

ECADF1CB-73AB-48AA-B701-34E533AECD44.jpeg

Douda coming back basically renders all of last season pointless.

The Bakari storyline seems interesting but they keep bringing him in to do absolutely nothing.

I really don’t even know who they are targeting with this show at this point. The kids were always central figures but they were never dealing with ish. It was mainly street ****/politics and their coming of age maneuvering through that. Now they trying to make them like the hood Degrassi or something. I ain’t tryna see Jemma in a towel, these like lil bro and sis at this point.

Lastly I see Lena Waithe still waging a war on black men, not even with Trig but all dem boys were suckas last season.

Luke James gotta be going broke, two trans woman is excessive.

Saw the show came back and was in zero rush to watch but caught up on the last couple days.

Idek why the show is still called The Chi at this point.

Trig pushing a GWagon but can’t buy birthday gifts for 3 people??? If that ain’t the most Power universe type ish

ECADF1CB-73AB-48AA-B701-34E533AECD44.jpeg

Douda coming back basically renders all of last season pointless.

The Bakari storyline seems interesting but they keep bringing him in to do absolutely nothing.

I really don’t even know who they are targeting with this show at this point. The kids were always central figures but they were never dealing with ish. It was mainly street ****/politics and their coming of age maneuvering through that. Now they trying to make them like the hood Degrassi or something. I ain’t tryna see Jemma in a towel, these like lil bro and sis at this point.

Lastly I see Lena Waithe still waging a war on black men, not even with Trig but all dem boys were suckas last season.

Luke James gotta be going broke, two trans woman is excessive.

That G Wagon is 63rd St. Mob company car that Trig just never turned back in after he resigned and went community activist

This is Power levels of laughably bad at this point

Dude tried to rob the only place in Chicago, Smokey's and then everyone just stayed in there like nothing happen. They must have some good chicken :rofl: I'm not losing my spot in line or letting my food get cold.

And Emmett taking hour long showers while Keisha whips up a thanksgiving meal

Why do Bakari and Jake hate each other?

Shaad kicked PaPa out of a place that isn't his :rofl:

All the writers on this show need to have their names posted publicly to ensure they don’t get any other jobs. Lena Waithe needs to catch a fade.

Trig St. Patrick really a wild guy man.

They really had a opp staying at Jake’s and no one thought to at least call him before he got home.

Wtf type scenes do they be having my boy Kevin doing bruh??? The only scenes that even resemble early Chi are Emmitt and Keisha scenes barely.

They really made Douda out to be top dawg when he really a lil ***** to Q. Which in itself isn’t so bad cause that does happen, but it’s how they be going about **** in this show.

Them Jason Weaver scenes with his shawty are just mad awkward, it’s like their searching for ways to hit the screen time limit.

So they’re really pushing the narrative that Trig actively seeks out transgender woman. As someone who has zero ill will towards the LGBTQ community at this point I’m pretty sure most are in agreement Trigs character just makes zero sense and the heavy highlight is just odd.

However, I can appreciate the discourse he and Fatima had regarding him being a cis male and only liking transgenders and what does that make him? For those in that community I can certainly see why topics and conversations like that are necessary and should be highlighted. But this ain’t the show for that bruh, even with the understanding of who the creator is. Two things can be right, that can be an important subject and this can also not be the right show for it. Like the show was already established in regards to what it was as far as content and subject matter and the audience and viewers expect certain ****, can’t just do a whole 180. Granted yes, their probably isn’t a “good time” for a topic such as that but the implementation within this set of characters makes absolutely zero sense.

All the writers on this show need to have their names posted publicly to ensure they don’t get any other jobs. Lena Waithe needs to catch a fade.

Trig St. Patrick really a wild guy man.

They really had a opp staying at Jake’s and no one thought to at least call him before he got home.

Wtf type scenes do they be having my boy Kevin doing bruh??? The only scenes that even resemble early Chi are Emmitt and Keisha scenes barely.

They really made Douda out to be top dawg when he really a lil ***** to Q. Which in itself isn’t so bad cause that does happen, but it’s how they be going about **** in this show.

Them Jason Weaver scenes with his shawty are just mad awkward, it’s like their searching for ways to hit the screen time limit.

So they’re really pushing the narrative that Trig actively seeks out transgender woman. As someone who has zero ill will towards the LGBTQ community at this point I’m pretty sure most are in agreement Trigs character just makes zero sense and the heavy highlight is just odd.

However, I can appreciate the discourse he and Fatima had regarding him being a cis male and only liking transgenders and what does that make him? For those in that community I can certainly see why topics and conversations like that are necessary and should be highlighted. But this ain’t the show for that bruh, even with the understanding of who the creator is. Two things can be right, that can be an important subject and this can also not be the right show for it. Like the show was already established in regards to what it was as far as content and subject matter and the audience and viewers expect certain ****, can’t just do a whole 180. Granted yes, their probably isn’t a “good time” for a topic such as that but the implementation within this set of characters makes absolutely zero sense.

They're really playing homeboy with that role.

I don't even know what Douda is at this point. He went from top dawg to a peon. Him and the bullet proof 90 year old man who must be a mutant.

Back
Top Bottom