The College Basketball Post

Man...drama drama drama...

I think the call was close...but to me if it isn't a 100% charge, it's a block.

Boeheim deserved to be tossed though, can't run onto the court like that and expect to get away with it.

Walton called games are hilarious...espn knows this...dead *** watch em just to listen to his randomness

Completely terrible call at the end of the Cuse and Dook game; if Fair was called for the charge then Jabari should of got called for an offensive foul when he bulldozed Gbinije. 

Standing in front of a player and letting yourself get ran over is not a basketball play. That's not defense. If a player is playing defense and gets ran over then okay I get that, but what homie just did was essentially a flop. A dude is driving to the basket, homie races to jump in front of him not to defend the play but to get in front so he can get ran over. That's not defense to me i'm sorry.
Ok. 

But getting your feet set, body square, and in position to impede an out of control player IS A BASKETBALL play. It's been taught since the game was invented. That's a fact.

What happened tonight was a bad call, but by your logic...are really saying you would see nothing wrong if a player is CLEARLY set in position and gets bulldozed out of the way? He shouldn't be rewarded? That doesn't make any sense. 

That's like rock and jock or some ****. Take charging fouls off of NBA 2K and see how comical it becomes. 

Someone like Lebron could average 50 points if there was no charge call in basketball

Last edited:
Bill Walton calling the Arizone/Colorado joint. Im here for this
laugh.gif
I see what you did there. 
nthat.gif

Bad call, but it made up for what happened to Duke at the Carrier Dome I guess. 

Bad that it was decided that way after a 39 plus minutes. 

It was 50/50 play....think they should have let it go...but hey home teams get calls...cause had the calls at home...good game

Contest the shot, jump straight up, make a play on the ball don't just stand there and wait to get ran over :lol:

im sorry you can't construct a rule book like that, how would you even put that in writing. You have a right to the spot if you are a defender unless the defender is in the air. It just wouldn't make sense to have it any other way.

Last edited:
Not to mention that it would give the offensive player all the leverage in the world.

If a guy knows he can go FULL STEAM to the basketball and he's either going to get his shot blocked or fouled...who WOULDN'T charge at the basket with reckless abandon? 

Back
Top Bottom