The College Basketball Post

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein · 9m 9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Chris Mullin will hire Iowa State's Matt Abdemassih at St. John's as an assistant, source told @CBSSports. Story coming. #SJUBB

Still a bit skeptical of the Mullin hire, but this probably means that Diallo ends up at St. John's :pimp:
Great addition. Kid is a class act and one of the hardest workers in the NCAA.

Still a bit skeptical of the Mullin hire, but this probably means that Diallo ends up at St. John's :pimp:

great first hire.

Yup...alumnus as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how Mullin shapes his staff. Hit one out of the park w/ Abdemassih, but there's still a lot to be done.

I hope Mullin can replicate the success Hoiberg had (seeing how he didn't have coaching experience)....from what I've been reading, administration is going to give Mullin everything he needs to be a success in Jamaica. I REALLY hope this works out.

Sources: Alabama expresses interest in Gophers coach Richard Pitino

AMELIA RAYNO , Star Tribune

Gophers basketball coach among Alabama candidates.

The University of Alabama has expressed interest in Minnesota basketball coach Richard Pitino, sources with knowledge of the situation told the Star Tribune.

Crimson Tide athletic director Bill Battle fired former coach Anthony Grant two weeks ago, after six years with the program. According to multiple reports, Alabama is currently heavily pursuing Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall as its first choice.

The 32-year-old Pitino has been at Minnesota for two seasons, directing the Gophers to an NIT championship in his inaugural year before falling short of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments this year.

Minnesota's A.D. Norwood Teague might :lol: at Alabama firing Anthony Grant for not making a tournament and hiring Richard Pitino, who has yet to reach a tournament himself (2015 recruiting class will change things, don't get me wrong).

Teague hired Grant at VCU.

Last edited:
Just heard a great stat on Kentucky...(and I don't want this to seem like I am taking shots at UK...they're great, phenomenal)...

Doug Gottlieb said on a radio station in KC that Kentucky has been phenomenal on defense, but in their first 37 games (this stat was before the Notre Dame game, not sure where it is now) ...they have played against only THREE top 50 offenses in the country. North Carolina (23rd) is the best, Eastern Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the others.

Needless to say, this match-up of UK and Wisconsin is going to be very very interesting.

Kentucky vs Top 50 Offenses (2014-15):

#13 Notre Dame - 78.0 PPG
#15 North Carolina - 77.7 PPG
#18 Arkansas - 77.4 PPG
#29 Buffalo - 74.6 PPG
#40 LSU - 73.4 PPG
#48 Ole Miss - 72.8 PPG

Wisconsin is currently ranked #49 - 72.8 PPG
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/145

I'm not sure what else goes into Top Offense rankings so I'm only looking at it from a PPG aspect, not sure where Doug was going with his stat.

Sources: Alabama expresses interest in Gophers coach Richard Pitino

AMELIA RAYNO , Star Tribune

Gophers basketball coach among Alabama candidates.

The University of Alabama has expressed interest in Minnesota basketball coach Richard Pitino, sources with knowledge of the situation told the Star Tribune.

Crimson Tide athletic director Bill Battle fired former coach Anthony Grant two weeks ago, after six years with the program. According to multiple reports, Alabama is currently heavily pursuing Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall as its first choice.

The 32-year-old Pitino has been at Minnesota for two seasons, directing the Gophers to an NIT championship in his inaugural year before falling short of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments this year.

Minnesota's A.D. Norwood Teague might :lol: at Alabama firing Anthony Grant for not making a tournament and hiring Richard Pitino, who has yet to reach a tournament himself (2015 recruiting class will change things, don't get me wrong).

Teague hired Grant at VCU.

McDonald's all american scrimmage is on right now on ESPNU. Way better than the game. Guys are out here at least trying on defense.

Diamond Stone and Ben Simmons look really good so far.

"I plan on being a low post beast on the block." - Diamond Stone

If I'm a Maryland fan I'm doing the "yes" chant

also despite what I said about this class being really weak and it is.

that is from an NBA scouting perspective.

Diamond Stone will destroy college kids, so Maryland fans should be happy.

Just heard a great stat on Kentucky...(and I don't want this to seem like I am taking shots at UK...they're great, phenomenal)...

Doug Gottlieb said on a radio station in KC that Kentucky has been phenomenal on defense, but in their first 37 games (this stat was before the Notre Dame game, not sure where it is now) ...they have played against only THREE top 50 offenses in the country. North Carolina (23rd) is the best, Eastern Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the others.

Needless to say, this match-up of UK and Wisconsin is going to be very very interesting.
Kentucky vs Top 50 Offenses (2014-15):

#13 Notre Dame - 78.0 PPG
#15 North Carolina - 77.7 PPG
#18 Arkansas - 77.4 PPG
#29 Buffalo - 74.6 PPG
#40 LSU - 73.4 PPG
#48 Ole Miss - 72.8 PPG

Wisconsin is currently ranked #49 - 72.8 PPG
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/145

I'm not sure what else goes into Top Offense rankings so I'm only looking at it from a PPG aspect, not sure where Doug was going with his stat.
I am not either honestly, don't think it was a PPG thing though (obviously) ...could be from KenPom (I don't have a subscription) or something else? Overall offense? Idk. Just sharing what I heard, thought it was interesting.

D'Vauntes...can't blame him for leaving, bout to be 23, time to go get paid. That team is going to have a REAL hard time replacing him imo.

If Mullin can somehow get Diallo and Sampson back on board that would be a great start. If Obekpa and Rysheed stick around as well, team won't be bottom of the league bad next year at least.

Smooth. Def has a good feel for the game. Easy to compare him to alex Murphy...but he's not that. Should be a good player at Duke. Can't wait to hate him.

also despite what I said about this class being really weak and it is.

that is from an NBA scouting perspective.

Diamond Stone will destroy college kids, so Maryland fans should be happy.

i like it. i like it.

My real question is who's gonna run the 1 next year if Tyus leaves. Looking at the current roster and pgs still left out there to get, k is gonna be in trouble next year.

the offensive efficiency is based on the kenpom its not strictly PPG...its actually free so you can check out the basic rankings on there.......i was thinking the same thing with the PG situation...i think they would try allen out but we will see....anyone have any ideas on transfers that could be available?

Who would be the go-to scorer on duke if tyus okafor and winslow leave. quinn's graduation.. that leaves duke with 6 points per game from jefferson and matt jones. 
sick.gif
, I'm smellin a unc sweep 
pimp.gif

DSR will most likely not get drafted...but he can get a decent payday overseas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom