The College Basketball Post

Back when Pearl and Cal were "rivals". Stole that #1 spot from Memphis.

Now Pearl ain't even a blip on the radar, for now at least. I'm sure he'll get Auburn to a competitive level.

Last edited:
SJU couldn't hire Pearl after the way he left Tenn. Wasn't the right image for the school to uphold.

We had an elite camp once with a bunch of recruits. Tons of coaches were there: Pearl, Wright, Calamari. I was doing the stats for one of the games going on and Pearl came by and started ruffling though my papers. I thought he was some random dude at first and was ready to say something but I looked up, saw him and laughed. Someone later that night jokingly told me to slash Pearl's tires since both schools were recruiting Tobias at the time :lol: Fun night.

Woman judge for this dunk contest 
nerd.gif
devil.gif
 plays for the Sun

If I could change one play, it would be Korie Lucious making that game winner against Maryland in the 2nd round of the 2010 tourney. Everything fell perfectly in that region. Northern Iowa beat 1 seed Kansas, Tennessee beat 2 seed Ohio St and Michigan St ended up going to the Final Four. We could've been there, man. I miss my dude Greivis...

Might have to start following Longhorns ball more now 
laugh.gif
,happy for him. Hopefully he can turn them into a feared program.

I know Daniel Giddons is athletic , but I really don't like the kid. Hope he has a career like Amir Williams

Trying to see how my buffs rebound after this season.

Had a great run with Alec, and my bros Ski, andre and Spencer. Tad's done a fantastic job there, but it'll be interesting moving forward. The buffs every year up until this past year has had NBA level talent. Even ski, who may find his way on the Sixers or Lakers or something next year. That doesn't happen with a team like Colorado, and the success they've enjoyed in recent years is due in large part because they've been consistently pumping out NBA level talent. But NBA talent won't continue to come through Colorado, and next year doesn't look too good. We'll see though.

Trying to see how my buffs rebound after this season.

Had a great run with Alec, and my bros Ski, andre and Spencer. Tad's done a fantastic job there, but it'll be interesting moving forward. The buffs every year up until this past year has had NBA level talent. Even ski, who may find his way on the Sixers or Lakers or something next year. That doesn't happen with a team like Colorado, and the success they've enjoyed in recent years is due in large part because they've been consistently pumping out NBA level talent. But NBA talent won't continue to come through Colorado, and next year doesn't look too good. We'll see though.

My homies from LA are big time close with Ski...actually they were recently out there in colo. With him, so I follow him pretty close. But man they use to tell me about him when he was younger and now he's a straight nightmare. You think he will see any nba mins?

My homies from LA are big time close with Ski...actually they were recently out there in colo. With him, so I follow him pretty close. But man they use to tell me about him when he was younger and now he's a straight nightmare. You think he will see any nba mins?

Nightmare like how?

And I Was just with him a few days ago before he left back for CU the other day.

He had his best season of his career this past year, but 1) He was a senior which is a red flag and 2) He still was pretty inefficient.

If I had to guess, I would say no. You can't be sub 40% from the field for 17 a game on a team that didn't make the CIT, and you're barely 6'2. That said, he's generated a little interest from what I was told, and he has the craziest work ethic I've ever seen in my life. I've literally never seen someone take basketball that seriously. Out of all the college and pros I've been around, I've never seen someone OD on the workouts. So if you believe in that whole "Will yourself there" kind of thing, then yeah he has a shot. He's talented, can put the ball in the whole, and has a motor / work ethic that's out of this world.

Nightmare for the defense guarding him. Dude can get whatever shot he wants. I didn't know he had the bounce he got too.

Nightmare for the defense guarding him. Dude can get whatever shot he wants. I didn't know he had the bounce he got too.

Yeah crazy bounce. All from the work he puts in. He's a very good scorer at the college level though. I saw him this year give like 30, 35 on Arizona and the entire team was guarding him. From RHJ, to Stanley, everyone. He can go. His efficiency though leaves a bit to be desired though, which is only magnified since he's only 6'2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom