The College Basketball Post

Shaka at Texas will be interesting. With those facilities and his coaching, he should be able to recruit exceptionally well.

(Preface: I think we'll see Kentucky vs. Duke)

I'm wondering about Michigan State.

I've been down on them more than most, and that's saying a lot. I look at their odds to win the championship today (+1310) and laugh because it's true.

But then I play this scenario out: Wisconsin figures out a way to do what I think won't happen - defeat Kentucky.

Michigan State, the worst of the four teams, playing what looks to be the third-best team. Maybe second. Maybe. The Spartans pull off the 'smaller' upset (again, something I don't see happening) and faces Wisconsin in the National Championship.

Izzo's squad, who I've doubted all year, does have the confidence of having played Wisconsin well on a neutral floor in the Big Ten Championship about three weeks ago. Koenig was at 'peak' Koenig, even.

I am the biggest skeptic when it comes to this year's Michigan State team, but I'm just willing to throw that scenario out there as a distant possibility.

A distant possibility that is a bit more likely than the +1310 odds for a future bet of Michigan State winning the title.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting how much Shaka presses when his team has more talent.

Will he dial it back or still employ a risky strategy?

that shot helped chalmers draft stock for certain 
laugh.gif
make/miss rio was gonna be a second rd pick for some team
He still could've returned for his Senior year though, even if that shot didn't happen.

Shaka at UT will be fun. As a KU fan, I am not saying I want to see KU play UT twice (maybe 3) times a year, but I think it will be fun college basketball to watch.

It's going to be interesting how much Shaka presses when his team has more talent.

Will he dial it back or still employ a risky strategy?

Shorter shot clock may influence his change.

I don't think you can press KU guards off of misses :lol:

Having Isaiah Taylor, Holland, Yancy is a great starting point tho.

We gotta start getting more athletic at the big position to really run it correctly.

Lammert/Ridley/Felix are just not it.

Last edited:
Since it's official,what does it mean for Marshall? Does he take Bama's offer or is he staying at WSU until a sexier job opens up?

Shaka gon ease up on the press since he in the big 12 n at a major school now ...good luck to him at Texas

Vcu should get Anthony grant back

Smart move for Shaka, he can make his own legacy, he's at a school with awesome resources, low-pressure in a state oozing with talent.

If I were a Kansas fan, I'd be a little afraid.

Kaminsky officially AP Player of the Year.

Not gonna lie, I thought Okafor was gonna nab that joint.

Last edited:
all right guys im off to indy...cook, malta, cake, woody lets get it! ill try to keep up on here but just going to soak in this experience...should be cool...lets go duke...

Back
Top Bottom