The College Basketball Post

Nervous nerves are nerving. 
embarassed.gif

We ready! Hopefully K and Jah figured out a better way for him to handle the double team over this last week. We get easy buckets from Jah finding the open man quicker, we're definitely playing on Monday night.

I think Cal is the 4th best coach at the Final Four. Not saying he's not one of the best coaches in the country, because I do think he is. There are just a few guys that I would take over him.

Nervous drinking during big games like this are when I do the most drinking. This game has the same feel to me as the Packers Seahawks. I don't think we are going to win but I know we are very capable. I just cant do any of this losing to a last second shot bull ****. Regardless of the outcome i'm gonna be a **** show at the bar tonight.

Last edited:
NTers would probably kill themselves if they had to choose between Roy Williams and Calipari. 
laugh.gif

Cal is an elite coach. No way is Bo Ryan a better coach than him. 

They keep saying it is a rematch.

Technically yes but Kentucky is completely different, WCS didn't even play last yr :lol:

I think Kentucky is just to deep for Frank to get off.

If Hayes and Frank hit their shots and force Towns, WCS, and Johnson out of the paint it will be interesting. 1-5 being able to shoot from the perimeter is where the badgers have thae advantage.

Last edited:
For one game I might take Izzo.

But 35 games and a two tournaments? gimmie Cal.

You can keep Bo Ryan and his slow play over coaching

and Coach K and his inability to produce good defenses despite having superior athletes. (and somehow never gets criticized for this)

Ill roll with Cal and this not even factoring in recruiting.

If Hayes and Frank hit their shots and force Towns, WCS, and Johnson out of the paint it will be interesting. 1-5 being able to shoot from the perimeter is where the badgers have thae advantage.

Absolutely.

but then they can just as easily alter and put WCS/Lee on Frank, give Hayes to Lyles, Dekker to the Twins :smh: What a luxury.

Cal has said multiple times, he won't get beat from the FT line and won't get beat from the 3pt line. I'm certain the looks the others get won't be there all game.

What do we think the impact of having an entire week to prepare for each other's teams will have in these games?

From Selection Sunday to the Round of 64: 4-5 Days Off (for teams that are left, and that was against inferior opponents anyway, so factor in or not)
From Round of 64 to Round of 32: One Day Off
From Round of 32 to Sweet 16: 4-5 Days Off
From Sweet 16 to Elite 8: One Day Off
From Elite 8 to Final Four: A whole week for Wisconsin and Kentucky, six days for Michigan State and Duke

Am I alone on thinking this will matter? This is by far the longest period of time between games since teams had a break in December for first-semester finals. Giving Izzo, Ryan, Cal, and K a week or near it to prepare? I'm not even talking about extended video time/study with the team, but I would be very surprised if the four of them weren't loggig an obxnoxious amount of hours with their assistants and video coordinators over the past week.

Just to find something:

- Maybe finding out if there was a moment when Gonzaga, Louisville, Arizona or Notre Dame switched their defense for a couple positions and maybe -- upon closer review -- it worked better than it seemed at the time but they went away from it.
-Maybe seeing a hitch in somebody's game, KAT's/Jahlil's/a weakness to a point guard's ball security in certain or specific situations that doesn't show up in other times

Who knows, but these four should know what it means to have a Final Four win over the highly-respected coach of whatever team they're playing (Cal could get two straight, for example)

So which of these four coaches is the type who has the most to gain by having an entire week off like they hadn't previously during the tournament?

Hol' up...are folks really calling Cal the best coach in college ball right now?

Prisoner of the moment type dudes in here :smh:

Wish my dude Jimmy Calhoun was still coaching. Dude would coach circles around Cal like he always has.

Back
Top Bottom