The College Basketball Post

Nigel Hayes returning to school
needed to
 SportsCenter ‏
Out of 11.57 million Tournament Challenge brackets 9.3 percent picked Duke to win national title game.
laugh.gif

Nigel Hayes didn't need to do anything. He could have been a first rounder with a good combine and interviews.

every year you stay the scrutiny increases.

If he comes back and shoots 36% from 3 that first round talk disappears.

The timing of Bo's rent-a-player quote makes absolutely zero sense if he in-fact was only talking about the 5th year transfers...Personally, I think he blurted out that comment out of frustration with regards to one and done players, then quickly realized he shouldn't be saying that and tried to cover his tracks...

Bingo.

*edit*

Two COMPLETELY different players, but how long until Grayson Allen is compared to Bob Sura? :lol:

Last edited:
Nigel Hayes didn't need to do anything. He could have been a first rounder with a good combine and interviews.

every year you stay the scrutiny increases.

If he comes back and shoots 36% from 3 that first round talk disappears.
He's going to be the #1 option on Wisconsin next year, assuming Dekker leaves, and the spotlight is definitely going to be on him. You're absolutely right. People are going to be expecting A LOT from him.

This was the least disgusting Duke team in a long time. Probably why I'm neutral. That and they have a potential draft pick my squad might be looking at :lol:

Wisconsin men's basketball head coach Bo Ryan vented some frustration with the officiating after his team lost to Duke 68-63 in the 2015 national championship game in Indianapolis Monday night.

Ryan said that there was more contact in the national title game than any other game the Badgers played all year.

Ryan told Tracy Wolfson of CBS that the officiating crew, which included Syracuse native Pat Driscoll, missed the mark on a certain aspect of Duke's game.

"It was just a situation where you just have to be able to handle all the hands and the checking. All the body contact -- there was more body contact in this game than in any game we've played all year, and I just feel sorry for my guys that all of a sudden, a game was like that. I think they're struggling with that a little bit. We missed some opportunities. They hit some tough shots. You know, it's just a shame it had to be played that way."

Later asked directly about the officiating, Ryan shied away just a bit.

"You can't say anything about the officiating," he said. "C'mon. Are you trying to set me up?"

He added: "We practice in our practices where if an offensive player jumps into you, we always call it on the offensive player. It's just what we do. So there were some situations where obviously our guys felt they were in position. I'm sure they felt they were in the rights. Both teams are always going to feel that there's a question or two. So it's just the way the game's played."

Always sucks when calls don't go your way (especially on the biggest stage) but the irony here is officiating has aided in Bo Ryan getting to the level his program is at.

It's a shock to Bo's system when every single call doesn't go his way - which it typically does in 99% of games he coaches, and 100% of conference games he coaches.

These elite coaches are flummoxed when that all of a sudden stops (Coach K included).

I haven't really followed the B1G closely until MD joining this year, but last night was the 2nd instance this season where Bo sounded like a sore loser...When we beat them earlier this year, he basically pushed Turgeon out of his post-game presser so he could get up there to talk and leave...Almost makes me happy that Duke won.

Two COMPLETELY different players, but how long until Grayson Allen is compared to Bob Sura? :lol:

It already happened.

:rofl:

On NT, or elsewhere?

Also, lost in the championship hoopla, Chris Obekpa announced he's staying at St. John's for his senior year.
Mullin making moves :pimp: if he can get Jordan to stay too that would be great. Jordan has no business declaring unless he's fine with living in Europe for the rest of his career.

@GoodmanESPN: VCU expected to hire ex-Shaka Smart assistant Will Wade today, sources told ESPN. Wade has been head coach at Chattanooga the past 2 years.

Paschall is very good. Combo forward, really a good scorer and crafty game. Kinda like a TJ Warren type.

Last edited:
Thanks Allen.

The kid is visiting UF soon and I hope he picks them. The team will lose 3 forwards after next season .

Back
Top Bottom