The College Basketball Post

Nah he made the right play the first time, the second time his fear of jump shooting clearly came back to bite him.
I mean, the jump shooting thing is definitely interesting. Even if defenders sag off him, he still will just manage to get inside and get his 20+ points. I just don't know if there is anybody in college that can actually keep him out of the paint.

UT-Arlington beats Ohio State and then knocks off Memphis. Both games on the road (obviously)

:lol: What the ****. For those that don't know, this is a large, random *** school in a suburb about 25-30 minutes outside of Dallas. About 10 minutes away from Cowboys Stadium.

Two quality wins from a Sun Belt school.

Last edited:
Abdul Herrera. He apparently went to Cincinnati, but I never saw him play one minute of college basketball. That 2005 year had some good basketball prospects from the Miami area.

Brian Asbury & Abdul Herrera(South Miami)

Adrian Thomas (Flanagan)

Edwin Rios & Dwayne Collins (Miami High)

Dennis Clemente (Calusa Prep)

Pretty sure he was 05. This guy was the fastest person I ever tried covering. I would be running side by side trying to keep up with him full court and he'd just blow by everybody with the basketball. It was ridiculous. Was regularly putting up #'s his senior year.
remember michael jackson and Dennis clemente putting up SILLY numbers back in the day

Had the pleasure of watching Ben live...dude is nice. Loved his decision making skills on the court, handling, vision, aggressiveness/positioning, leadership, confidence, and unselfishness. What I don't like is that broken jump shot and passiveness in closing minutes. He's gotta be more aggressive in crunch time.

Abdul Herrera was so trash :lol: Forgot all about him. I remember this Cincy recruiting site hyping him up so badly.

Need Champ in here to defend Pastner

If Ben had a 3-Ball right now, there'd be no real weakness for him. We're nitpicking here on an 18/19 yr old 4 games into his college season....who is averaging like 20/13/5 :lol:.

Positives from him is he's hitting his free throws at an over 80% clip on a good volume, albeit a small sample size of 4 games. I think in most situations at this stage, he doesn't HAVE to take those perimeter shots y'all want to see. Just like Towns/KD didn't have to shoot perimeter shots....yet they were still 80% shooters at the line. And I'm not comparing to Ben or AD/KAT....just pointing out that at the college level, showcasing the jumper isn't necessarily needed. Ben's mechanics need work, but he showcases a good touch and accuracy. The jumpers he has attempted have rimmed out. For a guy like him, developing s respectable jumper to keep the D honest is the next step. And I see him doing it.

If Blake Griffin can develop into a good shooter, I have no doubt in my mind Ben Simmons can. He's a better shooter than Blake was at this stage.

If Ben had a 3-Ball right now, there'd be no real weakness for him. We're nitpicking here on an 18/19 yr old 4 games into his college season....who is averaging like 20/13/5 :lol:.

Positives from him is he's hitting his free throws at an over 80% clip on a good volume, albeit a small sample size of 4 games. I think in most situations at this stage, he doesn't HAVE to take those perimeter shots y'all want to see. Just like Towns/KD didn't have to shoot perimeter shots....yet they were still 80% shooters at the line. And I'm not comparing to Ben or AD/KAT....just pointing out that at the college level, showcasing the jumper isn't necessarily needed. Ben's mechanics need work, but he showcases a good touch and accuracy. The jumpers he has attempted have rimmed out. For a guy like him, developing s respectable jumper to keep the D honest is the next step. And I see him doing it.

If Blake Griffin can develop into a good shooter, I have no doubt in my mind Ben Simmons can. He's a better shooter than Blake was at this stage.

most of this stuff is about the NBA. Of course in college he won't need to shoot.

BUT

a smart college coach is going get more aggressive when they realize he won't shoot a jump shot almost any circumstances, you saw it tonight, they couldn't really use him as a ball screener because marqutte would essentially ignore him and contain the ball handler.

If LSU faces a slow paced team that doesn't turn it over, like a wisconsin or a Northern Iowa. It will be a problem.

In pre game he didn't shoot well either.

He didn’t shoot well there either. I think he made two three-pointers out of about 30 he attempted. He doesn’t have any confidence in his shot right now. He doesn’t believe that it’s going to go in.”"

The right mid major can take them out early. Luckily for LSU most college coaches aren't that smart.

How does Goodluck only play 11 minutes? :x.

I really like Edmond Sumner for Xavier, redshirted last year. 6'5 PG, basically another Semaj Christon for them.

Dunn stat line through 4 games: 18/8/7 with 5 steals and a block a game :rofl:

KU put up the most points they've ever scored under Self last night (against Chaminade, not that exciting) ...Svi had somewhat of a breakout game, hitting five 3s. A lot of KU fans have been battling on if Self should "free the 3" ...I think this is the year to do it if he is going to do it. Really has stayed away from it since 2011.

Also, Kris Dunn's stat line last night 
sick.gif

22 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 7 steals, 1 block...

How does Goodluck only play 11 minutes? :x.

I really like Edmond Sumner for Xavier, redshirted last year. 6'5 PG, basically another Semaj Christon for them.

Dunn stat line through 4 games: 18/8/7 with 5 steals and a block a game :rofl:
Goodluck is an offensive liability. Seargers killed any chance unlv had to win. I'll never get how all Dave Rice teams miss free throws and are dumbfounded by zones.

KU put up the most points they've ever scored under Self last night (against Chaminade, not that exciting) ...Svi had somewhat of a breakout game, hitting five 3s. A lot of KU fans have been battling on if Self should "free the 3" ...I think this is the year to do it if he is going to do it. Really has stayed away from it since 2011.

Also, Kris Dunn's stat line last night :x  
22 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 7 steals, 1 block...

Can he really keep these numbers up... Hell even the 18/8/7... I fully expect the steals to dwindle down to around 2 a game. But ****. :smh: :x

Man, Theo Pinson is really turning into a play-maker. Hell of a passer.

Jordan McLaughlin is killing back off of injury too. 20/4/5 on 61% shooting and 10-19 from 3. Not against total cupcakes either.

I like Justin's game... He just always seems to be in the right spot. Reminds a little bit of Joe Forte in that regard.

Justin must have heard me talking **** about him in this thread :lol: Dude been killin the past couple games. Hopefully he keeps it going when Paige gets back.

Back
Top Bottom