The College Basketball Post

This dude Ben tho

He is the most can't miss pick since AD

Dude is special
maxresdefault.jpg

Give me Ben any day...and KAT can hoop but Ben upside is way higher to me

I'll take KAT. Do it all talent on both sides of the ball.

Future MVP candidate.

Last edited:
I'll take KAT. Do it all talent on both sides of the ball.

Future MVP candidate.
I feel you but it's a little easier to choose KAT now bc he's done 1/3 of a NBA season. I didn't think KAT was gonna be this good this fast in the league. Dude is so legit.

I saw the talent in Hoop Summit 2013. 7'0 shouldn't be able to move and shoot like he does. His year at UK just confirmed it.

Last edited:
So......

Said this a week or so ago but since it was put on notice on national TV once again....can Skal keep on being this trash and still go top 5 this year? I mean this dude visibly ******* sucks balls and has zero confidence. If he can't do a single thing vs college kids what do you think he's gonna do against grown men every night?

Don't know if Skal would go top 5, but I still think he would go top 10 simply off potential.

He'll go top 10 for sure, all he has to do is knock down a couple of jump shots at the combine and scouts will fall in love again.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, let Skal play his game until he builds his confidence back up. I understand what Cal is doing since it's worked with the rest of bigs in the past, but at this point you gotta take the handcuffs off the kid and see what he can do.

Skal will go top 10. The tools are there, he just looks really soft right now. Still think he has a lot of upside. But as I was saying from the jump....Ben is the clear best talent and is in the same stratosphere of a prospect as AD and them

Not for nothing, but Steven Adams was highly regarded coming out of high school, played poorly his freshman year...slid down the draft board and became a steal. Skal of course was more highly regarded...but it wouldn't surprise me if his career turned out similarly.

Simmons impressed the heck out of me even though he got into foul trouble. When he wants to guard I feel like he can stick an array of positions

I like the energy he had, on the bench he was still really into the action. Even though he didn't put up a monster stat line his finger prints were everywhere. Strip steal, charge, rebounds, crazy vision/timing. His FT stroke is nice, I wish he would show any interest in shooting.

This was my takeaway from the game. I think it was his most complete game this season, and showed his defensive potential. It's all about being locked in on that end for him. The way he was able to hedge and recover, quick hands, stay with guards and battle down low were for sure impressive.

He'll never be an elite shot blocker, but he'll be a good defender because of his fluidly, instincts and lateral quickness.

Not for nothing, but Steven Adams was highly regarded coming out of high school, played poorly his freshman year...slid down the draft board and became a steal. Skal of course was more highly regarded...but it wouldn't surprise me if his career turned out similarly.

When has Steven Adams been considered a steal?  He was the 12th pick in that draft. He is a solid, marginal big man.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
I don't think "steal" was the proper term. Late lottery is relatively still a high pick. but the point about Adams being drafted high despite not meeting expectations at Pitt is correct.

Same can happen with Skal. If he kills workouts and shows off his shooting, he's still going high.

Again, hard concept for some to grasp but your performance as a college freshman isn't the sole measurement for how teams draft.

Steven Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skal

Adams can battle with any big in the world in the post off his strength, athleticism, toughness and grit alone. Skal can't even rebound or block shots against guys who will be working a regular 9-5 this time next year.

Buc Em is the same guy who bashed Wiggins all year long then changed his tune down the stretch :lol:

What does that have to do with this scrub Skal?

Even with Wiggins I was saying he looked like the next Ariza/Brewer and at best Leonard when you guys were comparing him to KD and T-Mac...this dude Skal I don't even have anybody to compare him to. He just looks like he doesn't even know how to play basketball.

dude said this is the worst Cal team...

previous to last night they were 11-2 and 9th in the country and beat Duke earlier. :lol:

And.....? Kansas is the #1 team in the country and doesn't have a single player on their team that looks like they'll be worth a damn at the next level. The crop of talent this year is awful compared to years past. LSU didn't even have Simmons for basically the entire 1st half and they were manhandling them from start to finish. Everything considered, this really does look like Cal's worst overall team since he's been at Kentucky.

dude said this is the worst Cal team...

previous to last night they were 11-2 and 9th in the country and beat Duke earlier. :lol:

And.....? Kansas is the #1 team in the country and doesn't have a single player on their team that looks like they'll be worth a damn at the next level. The crop of talent this year is awful compared to years past. LSU didn't even have Simmons for basically the entire 1st half and they were manhandling them from start to finish. Everything considered, this really does look like Cal's worst overall team since he's been at Kentucky.
You clearly don't remember Archie Goodwin running the 1 in Lexington along with Ryan Harrow.

You clearly don't remember Archie Goodwin running the 1 in Lexington along with Ryan Harrow.

Year was straight comedy:

-Archie wildly driving into the lane out of control trying to get calls.
-Nerlens reaching all the time getting into foul trouble and fumbling the ball.
-Harrow being scared and getting his spot taken by Jarrod Polson.
-Kyle Wiltjier being soft and a turnstile on D.
-Pothryss looking lost. WCS looking lost.
-Julius Mays actually getting playing time. He was a graduate student :rofl:

If Jordan Mickey and Jarrell Martin had stayed at LSU, they probably would have a shot at winning the title this year

Back
Top Bottom