The College Basketball Post

the funniest was Harrow tho...youngboy looked like he pissed his pants before every game. :lol:

he was a product of that youtube hype too. 

He was def scary at Kentucky. I think he didn't like the spotlight. But he could really play though. His first year at NC State wasn't bad, and he was a monster here at GSU. Shame he got hurt right before the tourney.

Would've been a sweet 16 team for sure :smh:

Honestly, I would probably take Murray ahead of Skal at this point

Murray don't play like an 18 year old. He's just got this vibe of a guy who's been there before. I think it's honestly gotta be difficult to mesh 3 guys who want and excel with the ball in Ulis, Briscoe and Murray. Which is why I take their performances with a grain of salt

I'm not really high on Murray. Poised and a good college player though.

The Brandon Roy/Deron Williams comparisons are only because he's 6'5, average at best athlete and light skin :lol:

Yeah definitely. Point being, he's still only 18 and plays with the confidence of an upperclassman. His size and versatility at 18 are crazy. Coming into the year I was weary of his high draft projection, but looks like they were correct all along. I'd have a tough decision to make between him and Dunn tbh

I don't envision him as being a #1 option guy but a very good potential complimentary player

Last edited:
That Nerlens team isn't even debatable as the worst team Cal had at UK , they didn't even make tournament :lol:

And Skal is late 1st rounder at worst

its not a talent problem it's a head problem. His awareness and bball IQ are really low, tons of, over rotating for block shots and leaving his man, lets of easily screened or fooled by the most obvious misdirection actions, always biting of on pump fake, not helping when his teammate gets screened.

but the worst part is.

He can't. even. catch. the ball.

He's lost all confidence becuase in the first couple games he could, y'now catch. but now he's completely lost it's hard to watch,.

and if jamal murray goes top 5 it shows how truly herrendous this draft is.

Last edited:
tvobach tvobach maybe it was different for you because you were on campus when Selby was there but I always thought his career at KU got a bad rep. Had to sit out the first 6 games. Got into a good flow but then got hurt and never could get back into the rotation on a deep KU team. I think had he stayed healthy after serving his suspension his short stint at KU / College Basketball would have been a lot different.

Selby shoulda stayed in school , but he already had his mind made up before the season he was one n done :smh:

@TVobach maybe it was different for you because you were on campus when Selby was there but I always thought his career at KU got a bad rep. Had to sit out the first 6 games. Got into a good flow but then got hurt and never could get back into the rotation on a deep KU team. I think had he stayed healthy after serving his suspension his short stint at KU / College Basketball would have been a lot different.
This is true. But, to be fair, he never had the right attitude either and wasn't able to adapt. Was an "all about me" guy from day one.

He actually put up really good numbers for the first 13 games or so, then he got hurt, fell down the depth chart, had a bad attitude and it was a wrap from there.

Providence lost last night was watching the game but it didn't really hit me that Marquette won

Last edited:
This dude Ben tho

He is the most can't miss pick since AD

Dude is special
I'm with @PMatic on this one, give me KAT. What Towns is doing in his first year, in the Western Conference, is incredible. It's not just the numbers, his NBA transition has been so seamless while quickly playing efficient basketball.

I keep hearing and do see the upside for Simmons, but two things worry me: His jumper in the NBA and lack of consistent defensive effort. Not saying those two aspects can't improve drastically but if Simmons has the higher ceiling, KAT is the "safer" high-level prospect to me.

Blankeney still playing like trash tho.
He'll turn the corner the way Brown and Rabb are starting to click at Cal. Freshman learning curve.

I love Quarterman's game. Besides Hornsby's perimeter shooting, he's the difference-maker for LSU. Does it all on the court. Presents a matchup problem and impacts the game in multiple facets without shooting the basketball. Pleasure watching him in last year's tourney against NC State.

If Jordan Mickey and Jarrell Martin had stayed at LSU, they probably would have a shot at winning the title this year
Crowded frontcourt Johnny Jones would love having trouble allocating minutes to.

He's been quietly one of the best players in the Big Ten conference for almost two years now (only D-I player in the nation last year with 50+ 3-pointers, 55+ blocks, and 35+ steals), but regardless - you're correct, it's insane - I had no idea he could elevate his play to this sort of level.

Last edited:
That Nerlens team isn't even debatable as the worst team Cal had at UK , they didn't even make tournament :lol:

And Skal is late 1st rounder at worst

they would have made it if Nerlens didn't get hurt.

Also Andre Drummond was also a victim of shot happy guards.

Lamb, Boatright and Shabazz were ON ONE that season, Calhoun checked out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom