The College Basketball Post

Cant wait, hope Malachi stays but I doubt it. Games at 9pm also .....Blarney will be jumping
First and only time I've ever seen a game at MSG was MD/UConn from this past season. Game didn't start til like 9:30 and there weren't nearly as many MD fans as UConn, but the atmosphere was still great. Everybody was drunk and rowdy.

I actually thought it was an approriate response given the context of what he was replying to.

The recruit made a stupid comment to begin with.

:lol: the kid was asked about their recruiting pitches and gave his perspective about the the two program's approach. Don't act like almost all recruits haven't said that's what their approach is. It was never a problem until a Diallo said it wasn't anything new and that various programs could get him to the league.

It was the fact that he appeared more enamored with Dukes pitch that it became a problem, even though he mentioned that he'd been waiting on UK offer for a while now.

Cal was dirty macking trying to shade Duke to recruits, did the same thing he shamed other coaches for doing to him a few years ago.

I'll allow it Cake :lol:

Just because you Puke fans ain't trying to hear that doesn't take away from the context of what he was saying :lol:

"I refuse to go in a home and paint a picture saying things like, 'If you come with us you'll be taken care of for the rest of your life by the program and by our alums' even though you may only be in school for a year or two. How preposterous does that sound? What if I say that same thing and the young man decides to transfer for one reason or another? Does that still hold true that we're going to take care of them the rest of their lives? Our approach is to give them the fishing rod and the lures to help them catch fish, not to just give you the fish."

Cal knows :smokin

stephenb stephenb I might check out the Hofstra game :lol:

The man has spent the last 5 years or so vehemently expressing his disgust at coaches dirty macking UK and painting him like he's doing something unethical or wrong only to turn around and do the very same thing he was shaming them for. Cal is looking funny in the light.

I'll allow it Cake :lol:

Just because you Puke fans ain't trying to hear that doesn't take away from the context of what he was saying :lol:
Cal knows :smokin

stephenb stephenb I might check out the Hofstra game :lol:

Even beyond the context of what led to Cal making that statement, consider the context of the whole situation. It is understandable that the Duke staff would use that as a selling point because it applied to the majority of them. Duke is sending former players who didn't have NBA talent and needed a fallback into the homes of these kids. Of course it is on their minds to say that. They have jobs because of it.

I don't have an issue with the Duke staff saying it and I don't have a problem with Cal calling them on it. You can have the Duke network or you can have a whole state support you after your bball days are over. Either of those is a great option to me.

Stephen B : The only thing I know about Canyon Barry is that he shoots free throws underhanded ( he also isn't as athletic as Drew or Brent)

Stephen B : The only thing I know about Canyon Barry is that he shoots free throws underhanded ( he also isn't as athletic as Drew or Brent)
Thats about as much as I know too that he he averaged almost 20 at College Of Charleston,could be a really good pick up for them.

Bolden and Allen are really dragging their recruitment's out :smh:

Bolden has to be waiting to see what happens with Lee, if he wanted to go to Duke he would've committed by now.

Allen should just commit to Shaka and UT already, not sure what the hold up is on his end.

Bolden has to be waiting to see what happens with Lee, if he wanted to go to Duke he would've committed by now.

Allen should just commit to Shaka and UT already, not sure what the hold up is on his end.
The writer from the Devils Den said basically the same thing about Bolden,and how he thinks UK has the inside track.I like Lee and hope he flourishes but it's time for him to move on.

The writer from the Devils Den said basically the same thing about Bolden,and how he thinks UK has the inside track.I like Lee and hope he flourishes but it's time for him to move on.

Yeah, he's not going to be a featured big in the offense, he wants to showcase his offensive talents, won't be able to do that at UK next season.

Might as well stay in the draft or head overseas.

Back
Top Bottom