The College Basketball Post

My team.

They FRAUDS this year though.

Team just isn't good :smh:. Plus, they in the BIG10 now :x
I mean, what did you think we'd be after losing 4 starters? Our freshman class is good, but it's not Duke/UK good where we can reload and be right back in the top 10. The Nebraska loss was terrible, but it's not the end of the world for the team. We are decent enough in a down year for the conference. Will probably be a bubble team, which is what most people thought in the first place.

Lowkey miss Maryland in the ACC, man. :smh:
I miss the ACC, but it's a move that had to be done. Once all of the Big East teams starting moving into the conference, it just wasn't the same any more. No longer playing Duke/UNC twice and they were trying to make Pitt be our new rival.

While I wouldn't say we actually had rivalries with Duke & UNC, they were teams that we genuinely disliked and it made the games really fun. Nobody in the Big Ten so far has really made me feel like that. I think that we've had a good thing going with Michigan St, where we've played several really close games, but it isn't the same.

I mean, what did you think we'd be after losing 4 starters? Our freshman class is good, but it's not Duke/UK good where we can reload and be right back in the top 10. The Nebraska loss was terrible, but it's not the end of the world for the team. We are decent enough in a down year for the conference. Will probably be a bubble team, which is what most people thought in the first place.
I miss the ACC, but it's a move that had to be done. Once all of the Big East teams starting moving into the conference, it just wasn't the same any more. No longer playing Duke/UNC twice and they were trying to make Pitt be our new rival.

While I wouldn't say we actually had rivalries with Duke & UNC, they were teams that we genuinely disliked and it made the games really fun. Nobody in the Big Ten so far has really made me feel like that. I think that we've had a good thing going with Michigan St, where we've played several really close games, but it isn't the same.

I knew what we were going into the season.

I meant our record going into the Nebraska game looked better than we actually were. 13-1.

Turgeon is a good recruiter. Average coach. Just imagine Gary with that team from last year :x.

We've also completely whiffed on recruits that should be contributors. Nickens and Wiley.....I'm looking at you.

:smh:

Last edited:
How did the acc tourney draw when it was at the Georgia dome?

Venue was too big. Whole upper level was empty, the mezzanine level was pretty full.

Phillips arena was where it shouldve went both those Georgia years.

I can't remember which Georgia arena it was at in the early 2000's

I knew what we were going into the season.

I meant our record going into the Nebraska game looked better than we actually were. 13-1.

Turgeon is a good recruiter. Average coach. Just imagine Gary with that team from last year :x.

We've also completely whiffed on recruits that should be contributors. Nickens and Wiley.....I'm looking at you.

:smh:
Yeah, we just didn't have a very difficult OOC schedule. The win against Kansas St on a neutral floor looks pretty good after how they played at Phog the other night.

Completely agree on Turgeon. Gary would've been great with last year's team, but he also never would've been able to put that kind of team together.

Nickens looked so promising as a knockdown shooter as a freshman, but has been absolute garbage ever since. Wiley showed flashes as a freshman too. The fact that those 2 aren't starting caliber players really hurts.

In the end though, we'll probably be somewhere in the 5-7 range in the Big 10, and that will put us around the bubble, which is exactly what we thought.

Venue was too big. Whole upper level was empty, the mezzanine level was pretty full.

Phillips arena was where it shouldve went both those Georgia years.

I can't remember which Georgia arena it was at in the early 2000's

Was it the old Omni?

"Kansas head coach Bill Self will see five-star point guard Trae Young today. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State also still involved".

Trae should've followed Porter and just been a highlight show next season at UDub

"Kansas head coach Bill Self will see five-star point guard Trae Young today. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State also still involved".

Trae should've followed Porter and just been a highlight show next season at UDub

Agree, him and Porter playing together would've been too ill, even Romar couldn't mess that up.

I like him but I need to see if he can actually score other than layups and dunks.

Jumpers been going in this year. Doesn't look broken.

can't ignore his large HS AAU sample of bricks but, his shot prep, looks much better than in high school, getting much more lift.

ball looks like it'ss coming off the pinky/ring finger rather than the index sometimes though.

Last edited:
I think Fultz/Dennis are a cut above the other guard prospects, who seem to all have major holes in their game.

I could see an argument for any other of the other guys being third.

It's a guard league now and you need to get those guys so it's not surprising to see all those guys going lottery but I really like Markannen and Issac and think both of those guys have a chance to be really good 4's.

Hamidou Diallo will announce his college decision on Saturday during a special ceremony in NY.

He's down to Kansas , Arizona , UConn , UK , Syracuse and IU

Why even have a conference? We know where he's going.

Ahead of UNC, Terry Henderson said NC State wants to bring in an "old school, Detroit Pistons 'Bad Boy'" mentality to the Dean Dome #abc11
— Ngozi_ABC11 (@Ngozi_ABC11) January 5, 2017

nerd.gif

TJ Leaf's dunk last night and Lonzo's pull up before the end of the half 
pimp.gif
 UCLA is so fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom