The College Basketball Post

Couple thoughts from the late games:

-Cal was on that UVA game plan letting the less talented team stick around with a slow game

-I know Washington on Kentucky sick right now with all them missed FT’s :smh: :sick: ...free throws kill Cal again

-Weber made a great decision taking Wade out...he wasn’t ready to come back yet and the team was struggling with him in the game , alotta coaches would left him in cuz he’s their best player even if hurt

-FSU was just bigger/stronger/ faster than Gonzaga and the Zags wasn’t ready for that

wonder if the kentucky guys bought into the they have easy pass cool aide....man that left side of the bracket is a mess...cant believe one of those teams will be in the chip..oh yea....LETS GO DUKE....get that dub tomorrow

I’m really not sure if it was Cal’s idea to walk the ball up that slow every single time including a lot of times when they even got a turnover or if that was all on SGA. That’s just how he plays a lot of times where he tries to just lull his man to sleep and play real crafty. But it was like he went OD with it this game and absolutely refused to push the ball. He was just one slow *** speed the whole game. I’m not putting that on Cal.

I’m also not sure if it was Cal’s idea to completely freeze Knox out of the game the last few minutes after he hit that clutch three pointer or if that was on SGA as well. Him and PJ Washington just got into a two man game for the entirety of the last basically three minutes.

Cal stays with that i have a young team excuse a lot...like Cmon man...you had all season...this group just didnt mix well...it happens...

Man Kansas State, Loyal, Michigan, Florida State will be playing for a national championship. Wild.
Michigan was a 3 seed with a bunch of upperclassmen and one of the best coaches in the country. They are right where they should be. The other teams are definitely crazy though.

My Villanova/Michigan national championship game is looking good. Rest of my bracket is complete trash.

While calling your team young is always the convenient excuse in sports, Calipari also must have forgotten he has ten 4/5 star players on his roster. Kansas State has zero.

I’m really not sure if it was Cal’s idea to walk the ball up that slow every single time including a lot of times when they even got a turnover or if that was all on SGA. That’s just how he plays a lot of times where he tries to just lull his man to sleep and play real crafty. But it was like he went OD with it this game and absolutely refused to push the ball. He was just one slow *** speed the whole game. I’m not putting that on Cal.

I’m also not sure if it was Cal’s idea to completely freeze Knox out of the game the last few minutes after he hit that clutch three pointer or if that was on SGA as well. Him and PJ Washington just got into a two man game for the entirety of the last basically three minutes.
You're not putting the pace of the game on the coach?

You're not putting the pace of the game on the coach?

SGA has been by far their best player over the past month. I personally have no idea if that was just their best player’s idea of controlling the pace of the game or if Cal really told the dude to keep walking the ball up as slow as possible.

I only watched the first half but I saw numerous times when someone on Kentucky would get a rebound, pass it to SGA and then he would look at Cal who would give him the hand motion to slow down. I thought it was weird they didn't let them get out and run when KSU's strength is their half court defense.

CAL is usually always talking about tempo and how they need to play faster. I didn’t see any of the games (Amsterdam is wild).

CAL is usually always talking about tempo and how they need to play faster. I didn’t see any of the games (Amsterdam is wild).

Yeah exactly, this is what I don’t understand and why I feel like it was more of SGA doing what he’s more comfortable with since that’s kinda the pace he always plays with in the half court. He’s like the anti-John Wall. Everything he does is in like slow motion where he just lulls his man to sleep til he gets by them with craftiness.

Yeah exactly, this is what I don’t understand and why I feel like it was more of SGA doing what he’s more comfortable with since that’s kinda the pace he always plays with in the half court. He’s like the anti-John Wall. Everything he does is in like slow motion where he just lulls his man to sleep til he gets by them with craftiness.

That's on Cal, every guard did it, SGA and Quade Green, they clearly were afraid of Kansas state forcing turnovers, so it's obvious he told everyone to secure the ball and find the PG and let him bring the ball up the court carefully.

SGA aint play that way vs Davidson.

Cal was getting them to walk the ball up the court every possession and you could see him calling plays on EVERY possession, it's def on him.

You play slow
You don't shoot 3's.
You play that zone in the game allowing Kansas state 3's.

= Upset.

Also it's on Cal cause these recruiting classes always lack shooters. :lol:

Cal loves getting these athletes who don't know how to actually play basketball. :lol:

Michigan was a 3 seed with a bunch of upperclassmen and one of the best coaches in the country. They are right where they should be. The other teams are definitely crazy though.

My Villanova/Michigan national championship game is looking good. Rest of my bracket is complete trash.
Would be a great title game. People acting like Michigan isn’t easily a top 10 if not too 5 team.

Honestly I respect Cal, he could use his recruiting might to get guys who would be really effective college basketball players, instead

he gets a bunch of projects with NBA potential who need to be taught how to play basketball. :lol:

He's kinda putting his neck out there for these kids, cause I know Kentucky fans don't wanna here about it's a "player first" program.

Like he'd b much better off trying to recruiting a kids like Jalen Brunson, guys who are locks to be super effective college players but lack NBA upside.

Cal aint putting his neck out for anything :lol: ...he gotta go for the high potential, possible one and done types cuz thats what he built his program on and keeps the one n done pipeline flowing...too many Brunson types would start changing the view of his program, gotta miss on the Diallo, Gabriel's, Harrison Twins to secure the Wall's, Ad's, Towns etc..

Cal aint putting his neck out for anything :lol: ...he gotta go for the high potential, possible one and done types cuz thats what he built his program on and keeps the one n done pipeline flowing...too many Brunson types would start changing the view of his program, gotta miss on the Diallo, Gabriel's, Harrison Twins to secure the Wall's, Ad's, Towns etc..

oh wow I missed out Haidou Diallo, the Gabriels and Harrison Twins. boohoo. :lol:

Nah he can do like he did at memphis, get one or two NBA guys and some guys who can dominate in college.

IMG_6673.PNG
10 years ago glad to see that #30 in red has had a solid post Davison career

I personally think Michigan is overachieving though... outside of Wagner, there's not too much talent on that team IMO but you're right about the upperclassmen effect. Plus Beilein >>>

I have the same final. I think I'm at like 95% correct in my bracket, which is decent. South region completely fried though. Cincy screwed me. Thought they'd come out that side, wasn't a believer in UVa/Zona.

Back
Top Bottom