The College Basketball Post

Is it me or is Mo Wagner’s defense trash? I know he’s an offensive player mostly but sheesh lol
yeah it's trash. that's his weakness and why he isn't a lotto pick. his offense and rebounding are game though.
would get exposed in PnR in NBA. hell he already got gassed when nova kept running PnR at him.

yeah it's trash. that's his weakness and why he isn't a lotto pick. his offense and rebounding are game though.
would get exposed in PnR in NBA. hell he already got gassed when nova kept running PnR at him.

a lotto pick? :lol:

he's a borderline 2nd round pick.

he tested the waters last year and got some pretty bad feedback. he didn't get THAT much better in a year. tourney got some folks gassed.

Is it me or is Mo Wagner’s defense trash? I know he’s an offensive player mostly but sheesh lol

He takes bad angles. Like the paschal reverse. If he took a more diagonal angle towards the other side of the hoop he could have covered both the straight up layup and still pin the reverse. That’s something a more natural shot blocker knows.

He takes bad angles. Like the paschal reverse. If he took a more diagonal angle towards the other side of the hoop he could have covered both the straight up layup and still pin the reverse. That’s something a more natural shot blocker knows.

How you still taking bad angles as a jr? That’s just not trying.

a lotto pick? :lol:

he's a borderline 2nd round pick.

he tested the waters last year and got some pretty bad feedback. he didn't get THAT much better in a year. tourney got some folks gassed.
ya he has no defense which is why he isn't a lotto pick. that doesn't make sense to you? if he could defend he'd be a lotto pick. look at where dudes like zach collins, kaminsky, etc. got drafted lol. but he can't so he's a low 1st round to early 2nd round grade lol. has nothing to do with the tourney, i watch college ball year round. no gassing lol

How you still taking bad angles as a jr? That’s just not trying.

Some people just don’t have that instinct. Why did Blake griffin never avg 3 blocks per game with his athleticism? His defensive IQ and effort just isn’t there. Defense can be played at a high level without the elite athleticism. It’s all about effort and IQ. Very few coaches teach that sort of defense if any at the high school and below level.

Back
Top Bottom